“First class food and service.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Irish, Fusion, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dublin, Ireland
“First class food and service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

6 of us arrived without a booking and we couldn't have been made more welcome. Food was excellent and good value. Had read some comments about the staff but they couldn't have been more friendly and attentive. Will go back next time we're in town.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Tipperary, Ireland
“Wasn't Disappointed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Read some of the recent reviews here on tripadvisor about The Peppermill in Nenagh and I was a bit worried when my friend suggested we go here for a bite to eat! However, I shouldn't have been worried at all! I mean, the food is just amazing and the staff are great! I dined here with a few others over the weekend and we had a great time! The food is presented beautifully and cooked to perfection. Well done to your chefs and to all the staff! We most definitely will be back soon!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Worst staff i have ever seen!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

The food is so nice its just such a pitty about the service. They are so slow and very simple when it comes to service, a young girl brought us 1 wrong starter, one wrong main course, took atleast 25min each course to clear our plates, we ordered cocktails at the start of the meal but by the main we didnt bother to remind her we were still waiting for them as it would only prolong the nightmare! Some of the nicest food i have ever had but i would rather eat stones that sit through that service again!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Review your staff - very rude!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

On our way from dublin to Shannon airport, we were hungry so after looking through tripadvisor we decided on this restaurant. From the outside first impressions were clean, trendy & warm. We walked in & to our shock, a staff member (without even looking up from what she was doing) shouted at us ' we are closed' !! Now it was 8.15 on a Sunday evening???? I think this girl was looking for an early night. My husband is 10 years in the restaurant business & was extremely angry at the attitude of this staff member. We didnt comment, we just left & had a meal elsewhere. I have since spoke to local tourist office to warn how we, as tourists to the area were treated. I hope the owner of this restaurant reviews his/her staff....I doubt they are in a position to refuse custom in the current climate. I don't agree with a restaurant closing early if not busy..surely you should stick to your advertised opening hours????

Visited September 2012
Cork, Ireland
“Early Bird Menu Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We went for the early bird menu. The selection was reasonable and the food was nicely cooked and served. I think the supplement for steak at €6 was a little bit pricey but otherwise two courses at €21 was reasonable value.

Was pleasantly surprised to see a number of other diners early on a Wednesday night in April.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere