“Carvery lunch was awful.” 1 of 5 stars

Abbey Court Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Dublin Rd, Nenagh, Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Nenagh
Tipperary, Ireland
“Carvery lunch was awful.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Had carvery lunch here today and it was awful. Had turkey and ham and the turkey like somthing you would get in a packet. The roast potatoe was so hard that I hardly cut it and it was also cold.
It was also not cheap either for a carvery lunch but i would be happy to pay it if the quality was good.
It is a fine hotel and a great asset to Nenagh it would be a pity if the standards slip.
Food is normally great here but the last few times I have been here the food quality is very poor.
Will not return here until food standards improve.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

244 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We had a business meeting in the Abbey Court Hotel. The rooms were very spacious and comfortable equipped (ironing facilities and water boiler). The surrounding was quiet, although the hotel is situated near to a highly frequented road. The staff was extremely friendly. In the hotel is was a very relaxing atmosphere. The only negative point is that a part of the furniture was a little bit worn out.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This hotel is in a good location for the town, is clean and staff are friendly but it is quite old fashioned. Grand for an overnight stay but not somewhere I would go for a weekend away treat. The rooms were very large, whole hotel is very large in fact but I think it would benefit from a spruce up.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Tralee, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stopped in Abbeycourt for a bar lunch. Hotel very central for those wanting accomodation cloise to town. Hotel looked very clean as were the toilets. Bar looked pretty full when we arrived . Large screen which showed sport but also area where you did not have to watch if you wished to dine in a quieter area. An extremely pleasant waitress served us and did not hurry us when we had not yet decided what we wished to eat. Our food was served by a waiter/bar manager who was also very pleasant. I cannot say the same for the food when it arrived. I had a steak sandwich which came on a type of bread which was not very edible . Maybe it was not to my taste only and others might like it.Steak itself was very average . There was some salad and a large portion of crisps. Again maybe just me but I think crisps should not be put on a lunch plate . They cannot be put on a fork so they have to be eaten from the hand. Luckily I had asked for a portion of chips also. My partner said her meal was just very fair and she would not want to return here. We may have fared better in the restaurant. Great staff , very average food.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Navan, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Just bak from Abbey Court Self Catering Lodges. The lodges are very nicely decorated and the beds are very comfortable. The five bed we stayed in with our three children was not spotless as I expected on arrival. The floors downstairs had not been hoovered or washed properly. I reported this to the hotel and they had someone inspect it in minutes and rectified in no time. I was impressed with the quick reaction. The baby travel cot was faulty too and I had to ring the hotel again and get another one. I found the crockery was dirty and I had to wash everything before I used it. The batteries were gone in the remote control and both curtains in the living area wouldn't close over. Apart from this our three night stay in the lodge was enjoyable. The hotel is nice, the lobby has a castle like feel to it and the staff are very friendly and helpful. The food is excellent and breakfast was a buffet which the children loved, up and down helping themselves! The pool is lovely and the kids loved the toys in the pool - dingies made out of float material and huge floats that all the children could float on together. The jacuzzi was massive, have never seen one so big before. The Trinity Spa is lovely and the staff are sound. Overall I would rate this hotel highly. I just think it is a pity that the lodges arn't look after a bit better, because as I said they are fabulously decorated, they are secure with access via fob, but they lack the finishing touches that would make this location an excellent place to stay!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
galway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I booked the hotel for a night away. It was ok but it didnt wow me. The halls and corridors are very very cold but the room was warm tho thank god. The staff were lovely and very helpful. Our room was a nice size but the bath are shower were together with a manky old shower curtain!:( The toiletries are not great and no body lotion. The walls are very very thin we could hear a person next door sneeze! We had dinner in the restaurant it was nice. Our cooked breakfast wasnt great but the continental was nice. The pool was very big and busy and cold. The hydro pool was nice tho. I would prefer changing rooms then a big changing room. The hotel is quiet old and smells of food ha! They have nice gardens outside. I wouldnt rush to stay here again but i would if i was passing.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed here for the second time in January. I was travelling on business and arrived very early. I didn't think I would get checked in at 11:00am but I thought I would ask anyway. I was thrilled to be offered a room right away. It meant I could spend an hour working in the comfort of my room before leaving for a meeting. Work meant I didn't get back to the hotel until 9:30pm and i was very hungry. I was so disapponted to learn there was no food available after 9:30pm. However the bar man offered me a sandwich that was prepared earlier in the day. He didn't have to offer and I devoured it in my room! The corridors and rooms could do with an upgrade but its very good value for money. When I'm away for work it ticked all the essential boxes: clean sheets, quiet room and a good gym. Oh and the lady that showed me to my seat for breakfast was very friendly and helpful even providing me with directions to my next meeting!

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Abbey Court Hotel? Share your experiences!