“Not what I expected” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Nenagh
calgary
“Not what I expected”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We booked this hotel for one night based on the most recent reviews on tripadvisor. This was the worst hotel that we stayed in while we were travelling through Ireland. It is in need of a cheery makeover, everything looked drab. The bathtub in our room was not cleaned after the previous guest had checked out. The hotel front staff could be more customer service oriented.

244 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Have stayed here many times over the years and have only been a less frequent visitor with the opening of the new motorway. It is so easy to get home now that if it isn't too late I will make the drive to Belfast rather than breah the journey! Anyway I was working in the town so had a two night stay recently. Still as good as ever with friendly, welcoming staff and comfortable rooms. The food is very, very good - even better than I remember it from previous visits.It really is a pleasure to stay here and I have always been amazed at the keen room rates.

I would, quite obviously, warmly recommend the Abbey Court based on my experiences here.

One complaint! On previous visits there used to be a bowl on the reception counter with crystal clear water and a couple of fish swimming - such a pleasant sight! Would be nice if this could be brought back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

On arrival into Nenagh on the first night of our honeymoon, myself and my wife had originally booked into another location only to be disappointed with what we had arrived into. We planned to have our dinner in the Abbey Court Hotel however we also decided to check the availability of a room there as well. The staff / management at Abbey Court where exemplary with customer service second to none, upgrading our room as well as the added touch of a glass of champagne on the house. It really set the tone for what was to be an excellent journey travelling the length and breadth of Ireland. Would I stay there again? absolutely. Thank you for a wonderful stay !

Limerick, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

My husband and myself have stayed here 3 or 4 times, just for one night breaks for ourselves.
We like to do the dinner B@B, which we have found to be good value.
The rooms are grand , bathroom clean etc. The food was lovely really enjoyed our meal.
They sat the couples in a little room of the main restaurant from the hustle and bustle of the main
room. it was nice as there were families with kids and we were trying to have a quite time. The waiting staff were very nice and helpful.
We will be going back for birthdays and anniversary's etc

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

My wife and I were visiting Nenagh for a nephew's wedding nearby and opted to stay at the Abbey Court Hotel,and we quickly knew we had made the correct choice.
Having travelled from Dublin airport with JJ. Kavanagh bus we had the good fortune to arrive in time for lunch at the Abbots carvery the service was efficient but most important was the quality and variety of the food available at a reasonable cost.
We were warmly greeted by the owner and the level of hospitality was really top class through our stay.
Our room was spacious and well furnished and I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel whatever your needs. They were also hosting a wedding and to see the displays was really impressive

Ballymena, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

With Nenagh being off the beaten track, this excellent value hotel may not be getting the traffic it deserves. Most of the tourist traffic may tend to head for the resorts close to the Shannon Estuary and Lough Derg, such as Killaloe. However, Nenagh, and the Abbey Court are an excellent jumping-off spot for all the surrounding attractions, being within a few miles of the lakes and even a short drive to Limerick on the N7. Breakfast in the Abbey Court is 5-Star. And the staff seem to anticipate the guest needs without the need to ask. The Hotel itself is quite dated inside, but very clean, with large rooms and large comfortable beds. The grounds contain many little nooks, surrounded by neat hedges and large rose-beds.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a 'super-king' bed, overlooking the gardens.