“Great value for money” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ocean Wave Lodge

Ocean Wave Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Strandhill
Ocean Wave Lodge
You added Ocean Wave Lodge to your Saves list
Top Road, Strandhill, Sligo, Ireland   |
Kells, Ireland
“Great value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I believe this property is now called the Ocean Wave Lodge. It's not really a hotel anymore - more like a cross between a B&B and a fancy hostel.
The owner - Deirdre was very friendly and couldn't have been more helpful during booking (e-mail/phone), on arrival and during our stay.
Rooms were very clean, decent size and en-suite. Beds were very comfie.
Breakfast was a self service continental - better than any Hostel breakfast I've had in the past. Filtered coffee available to make was a nice extra.
Would highly recommend this place - for those looking for an affordable place to stay, but not wanting to rough it!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

I've stayed at Ocean Wave Lodge many times and each time has been excellent. The staff, particularly the owners, couldn't be more helpful and always have time for the chat and to offer recommendations about the area. One of my favourite things about the Lodge is their super comfortable beds! It is such good value and ideal location. The kitchen facilities are great and very clean. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Sligo.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

I went on a surfing weekend with a group of my friends was a really good experience the owner was there to greet on arrival gave us all the information about the area..reccommended some really nice restaurants and gave us some menus...we had full use of the kitchen also we had a BBQ outside on the first night which was great to wit in the sun and relax...the rooms were big and all had unsuite bathrooms but for what you are paying was great.We all enjoyed the cintinental brekkie and some of the gang went to the shop and could cook there own food...overall i really enjoyed my stay and will deffo be back with even more friends!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Bally, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

My husband and I came to your establishment expecting no more than the average service and we got so much more. The staff was very accommodating especially the front desk. The rooms were modern and extremely clean.I enjoyed my stay very much, it was definitely great value. If you are planning a trip to Strandhill I would strongly recommend this lodge. Kasey F

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Galway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

Was a great stay...really enjoyed it!beds are really comfy and really chilled out atmosphere...i really liked the large kitchen as i could leave all my stuff in the fridge for myself and my family and could use it at any time of the day!Also a nice big fire in the sitting room which i really liked in the evenings to sit by and read my books while gazing at the view...would definitly recommend it especially to families or large groups as they seem to do full book outs which i found would be very handy as you dont have to be worried about making to much noise also have the place to yourself!also price is great!

Room Tip: Deffo try get room 4!has the best view!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Victoria, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

I stayed at this hotel (then under another name) in the early 1990s and really enjoyed my stay. When I returned last September (2011), it was a completely different experience. I spoke with the new owner and expected changes (e.g. no pub or restaurant) but was not prepared for how shabby it is now - both in terms of the place itself and how it is managed. I had confirmed my arrival time but when we arrived the place was locked up. We called the phone number posted on the door and there was no answer. We went to the Tourist Office where we were told the owner's daughter worked in the shop next door. Luckily, she managed to locate her mother and 45 minutes later we were met at the hotel. The room was very run down and the only TV, in the communal sitting room, was difficult to work. We knew there was only a continental breakfast but were surprised that, in the morning, again there was no one around and we were expected just to fix something in the messy communal kitchen. We then had to phone the owner (she was off running errands) and wait another 1/2 hour for her to reappear so we could check out. She is clearly not interested in running a hotel and has other priorities. Overall it was a very dissappointed experience. This is the only negative rating I have ever posted and, believe me, this place deserves it!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Ocean Wave Lodge? Share your experiences!