“Good Food and Service” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Powerhouse Seafood & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #96 of 320 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Pasta, Oyster Bar
Good for: Large groups, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Dickson
Description: Locally owned seafood & steak restaurant with a large menu. Large seating areas for larger groups with private rooms available for banquets, meetings, receptions or just parties. Serving Sunday Brunch from 10 to 2.
West Fork, Arkansas, United States
“Good Food and Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Been here many times and it has never failed me. I was wanting shrimp and my wife wanted alligator. In NWA there isn't many options for good shrimp and limited options for alligator. The service was good, he started off telling us about how long the ticket times were. I got the fried shrimp and fried catfish fillet. I believe their catfish beats one local catfish place. The fillet was the size of three of the local catfish place. Shrimp was excellent and my wife the fried gator. The only thing about her plate I noticed was more fries than the gator. Nevertheless we always like to dine at Powerhouse.

Visited February 2014

pineville mo
“Awesome food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Husband and I went to the Powerhouse for our date night. The restaurant feels very roomy and has a neat atmosphere. Our waitress was by far my favorite at any place we have ever eaten at. She was fun, confident, friendly, and on top of things. She had a couple of flighty moments but she was young and it made our meal even more fun. She recommended things that really worked for us. We got a sampler platter that had alligator, crab rolls, and mushrooms. The crab rolls were by far my favorite appetizer ever. The alligator was a little salty but good and the mushrooms were perfect. I ordered the Blue cheese fillet and it was very very good; but for me the Blue cheese sauce was a little over powering so I scraped some of it off and enjoyed it better that way. I added a side of crab legs and they were very good also. My husband did the strip and lobster tail as an add on, it was good. He liked his steak better than I liked his steak, I thought mine was way better than his. The lobster tail was good sized and done to perfection. I have nothing at all to complain about as far as the food and service went. We will be back as soon as we can.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“50% not good enough”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

It has been many years since I have eaten at powerhouse. I had recently recommended this restaurant to a friend, so for date night my husband and I thought we would go try it out again. It was a Saturday night around 6:30 the place was packed we were told the wait would be 45 even tho we were the only couple waiting on the list. The actual wait time was 10 minutes and I thought that was great! We were seated by the server, note that this is an all table restaurant no booths for couples. TV's on the walls playing a basketball game (all TV's on the same station?). It took about 10 minutes for the waitress to even approach and take our drink order. If you don't want beer or wine your only option is the kilowatt.. which was really good even though it was a $3 sampler. We ordered calamari for an appetizer, and it was good, not great just your average plate of calamari. My husband ordered the lobster $25 ... tiny and over cooked. I ordered the seafood sampler $20.. the clam strips were good (no better than long john silvers), the fried oysters my husband tells me were good, the catfish was OK :/ it just needed salt. The fried shrimp was good but the clam cake was over cooked and mushy with gobs of oil. The hushpuppies were the same burnt and oil soaked. I ask the waitress (who was not personable at all) if they could remake the clam cake and hushpuppies that they were uneatable. However the second cooked product came out exactly the same. I am assuming the crab cake was frozen because it was identical to the first one. Worst Crab Cake Ever!! 50% of our meal was good but for $75 (including a tiny tip) 50% is not good enough. Save your money and go else where. Will never recommend this restaurant again. YUK!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Greenwood, Arkansas
“Decent, not amazing.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

This was our first time at this restaurant. Atmosphere was nice but not anything fancy. If you're looking for a nice dinner out this is a good place but if you want a romantic dinner for two might try somewhere else. Had lots of TVs to watch the football game so would be a good place to go with friends. I had the special of scallops and shrimp scampi. My husband had the crab legs. I had the house salad dressing of Greek Vinagrette. It was okay; not much flavor and so much oil that it separated almost before you could pour it. Crab legs were very good and so was the special. My scampi was good but not anything overly amazing. You only get one side so it is a little pricey for the amount of food you get. Be sure to choose the side wisely if you are very hungry. Our server was excellent. He was very attentive, made excellent recommendations, and we never lacked for prompt service. It was good enough that I would go again to try something different on the menu, but I was not overly impressed.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Catatonic1
“Reasonable Seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I've never been disappointed eating here, but the best time to go is on Sunday evenings when they have their amazing specials. My husband and I can share a loaded potato and crab legs between us and leave satisfied. I always have a cup of lobster bisque, just because.

Visited December 2013