“Bring your own extension cord!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fayetteville-Univ of AR Area

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fayetteville-Univ of AR Area to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fayetteville-Univ of AR Area
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1251 North Shiloh Drive, Fayetteville, AR 72704   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Fayetteville
Estes Park, Colorado
“Bring your own extension cord!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

It's too bad that with the many good features of my room, it was the one bad that will linger in my memory. My room was huge - - two king beds and a separate entry room with a desk and sitting area (which I did not use). However, in the bedroom there was not a single electrical outlet within 12-15 feet of either bed! There was an outlet buried behind one of the beds but the only bedside lamp and alarm clock were plugged in there and I couldn't reach it anyway. There were two other open outlets on the far wall but not at all convenient for my cellphone, tablet, or cpap machine. When I called to the front desk to request an extension cord, I was treated as if I had asked the craziest, most unreasonable question ever.

The bed I slept in was very comfortable; air conditioning/heater worked well; TV channels everything I like. Although the internet was decent, the hotel next door had a stronger signal and popped up as the preferred network each time I connected.

The red 'coverlet' on the bed did not appear to be clean - - I crumpled it and put it on the floor, expecting it to be replaced, but found it back on the bed the second day. Two of the bath towels also looked suspiciously 'used' and the easy chair did not look especially clean.

The hotel is not near the airport but it would have been nice to have a realistic option for transportation to and from.

My room (512) was right beside the elevator but I heard absolutely no noise from it throughout my stay. Also heard no noise from the hallways, neighboring room, or exterior. Breakfast was standard HIE fare and the breakfast attendant was exceptionally warm and welcoming.

All in all, I probably would book elsewhere next time. Lots of newer hotels right in the area.

Room Tip: No worries being close to the elevator - - very quiet. But be sure to ask for a room with more co...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Candace C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fayetteville-Univ of AR Area, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that your stay with us did not live up to your expectations. In the next few months we will be renovating and this should address many of the concerns you had with our property. We hope that we will have another opportunity in the future to be everything you expect when you stay with Holiday Inn Express Fayetteville.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Fordyce, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

2nd stay here. Hotel is very clean and a great staff. We stay here when we come to Fayetteville for the Razorback games. But the air condition did not work properly. If this doesn't improve I will not be able to stay here on our next visit to Fayetteville.

• Stayed January 2014
Saint Joseph, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

We stayed here just one night recently, and thought it was very satisfactory: we had a double-king suite, which was really more room than we needed, given the limited amount of time we were in the room, but it was very spacious and well-appointed. It did have a kind of an old, dingy look to it, but I don't think the motel is that old, so maybe it was just their choice of colors . . . everything seemed to be in good condition. The breakfast was typical HIE fare, and very good, and I thought the rates were reasonable, considering the nice, big room. The one missing thing . . . . an indoor swimming pool. I was really surprised that they didn't have one. But aside from that, it was a nice place, and I'd sure stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
white hall
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Big clean rooms for a good price It is very close to campus and to the bypass. The lobby smells of chlorine, but not a problem for us. The check in was slow but courteous
They have a nice breakfast area .

• Stayed October 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I really appreciated the professional, courteous, knowledgeable and friendly service from the front desk. Check in was easy and seamless and I was on my way to my room before I knew it! I LOVED the decor of the room - the blonde furniture and light colors were refreshing, bright, and cheery. AND CLEAN! The housekeeping staff obviously takes great pride in what they do. I enjoyed 6 great nights' sleep in a comfy bed. The rooms were peaceful and QUIET, even though there was construction going on outside my window. The TV channel line-up was okay, but not spectacular. The location was great, there was a Harp's grocery close by, as well as restaurants and a WalMart within walking distance on pedestrian friendly sidewalks. YAY! For the not-so-stellar stuff. The rooms could use a few more outlets. A maintenance professional on call would be a benefit, as well. My toilet had some issues, a 15 minute fix at most. I called down to the front desk, and their only option was to move me to another room. UGH! An hour to packing and unpacking was not pleasant, so I just went to our truck for a crescent wrench and fixed the toilet. Although the front desk was professional and NICE and reduced my night's fee, I really didn't feel like fixing a toilet. BUT, I would stay here again, for sure. I really enjoyed my stay and the extremely professional staff that took great care to provide the best customer service. Thank you for an enjoyable stay!

Room Tip: Both my colleague and I enjoyed a quiet room on different ends of the hotel, so I assume all rooms a...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Big motorcycle rally in town. The hotel was full. I only needed one night. Finally booked a room at a competitor's hotel. Called the sales department manager at this Holiday Inn and told him that I would much rather stay in his hotel than the competitor's if there's a cancellation. He found me a room rather quickly. It was confirmed. I cancelled my room at the competitor's.

I wasn't disappointed. The room was an "Executive Suite" on the 4th floor, same price as all the other rooms with a single king size bed. Must have been a total of 400 sq ft, the front room was huge. Bed was good, Internet worked well. TV worked well. Air conditioning worked well and was very quiet. Even though there was a big party going on in the parking lot below, I couldn't hear it at all inside the room. Totally quiet.

My only constructive criticism is the shower. I wish it had enough pressure to make the massage shower head work. It wasn't awful, just could have been better.

They have a great breakfast area and the food (included in the price) was good.

Yes, I'd stay here again. Yes, I recommend it to others.

Room Tip: I had room 415. It was great. Overlooked the interstate and parking lot, but was extremely quiet...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Hot Springs, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed here after our meeting in Springdale because it was closer to our kinfolk. This place was great and the staff was friendly and helped us with a room on the ground floor. When we opened the door the room was very large with two king size beds. We stayed the one night but we could have stayed for weeks here it was that nice. We know where we will be staying on our next trip back to fayettevile. Thanks to the staff for all the help.

Room Tip: If you can get it we were in room 103. It was great!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fayetteville-Univ of AR Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fayetteville-Univ of AR Area

Address: 1251 North Shiloh Drive, Fayetteville, AR 72704
Location: United States > Arkansas > Fayetteville
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Fayetteville
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fayetteville-Univ of AR Area 2.5*
The Holiday Inn Express Fayetteville- University of Arkansas Area welcomes you to Northwest Arkansas! We are conveniently located in the heart of Fayetteville and Northwest Arkansas at the Wedington Drive/V.A. Medical Center Exit of Interstate 540 (exit 64), just a short distance from the University of Arkansas, Downtown Fayetteville, and the Northwest Arkansas Mall. All standard rooms are oversized and have two King-Sized Beds, Coffee-Maker, Hair-Dyer, Iron and Ironing Board, 52 Channels (including HBO, ESPN, and Disney), Microwave, and Mini-Fridge. Treat yourself to our Living Room Executive Suites, or get down to business in our Office Suites. Our free High-Speed and Wireless Internet and free Faxes and Local/Toll-Free Calls will keep you in touch while our new Fitness Center and Business Center will make your trip a pleasure. In the morning wake up to our Free Express Start Breakfast in our Newly Renovated Lobby, and sit down to read your Complimentary Copy of USA Today. You truly Stay Smart when you stay at the Holiday Inn Express of Fayetteville! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia and BookIt.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fayetteville-Univ of AR Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Fayetteville-Univ Of Ar Area
Holiday Inn Fayetteville
Fayetteville Holiday Inn

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fayetteville-Univ of AR Area, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.