“Almost perfect” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Fayetteville

You added Econo Lodge Fayetteville to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Fayetteville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1000 South Futrall Drive, Fayetteville, AR 72701 (Formerly Red Roof Inn Fayetteville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Fayetteville
“Almost perfect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Room was very large and very clean..price was very good....staff on check in was very friendly..
But Breakfast??? Hope ya like a donut or toast..

So if your looking for a good place to stay..this is it...just plan on eatting somewhere else

• Stayed December 2012
Nicole M, General Manager at Econo Lodge Fayetteville, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for giving us a review. I'm glad you liked our rooms. We strive to be clean and comfortable. It's always great to hear the our staff were friendly. I'm sorry the breakfast was not up to par. If you do stay with us again there is a Waffle House right behind us and also a Denny's about 2 blocks down the street. Thanks for letting us know how we are doing!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Pryor, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

If you are staying in Fayetteville and it's game day and the only hotel that is left with a open room is the Red Roof Inn there is a reason for that. It is really super bad. From the stains on the ceiling to the mold everywhere, stained sheets dirty floors, and as my husband said the worst smell he has ever had in a hotel room before. Do yourself a favor if there are no rooms left in Fayetteville on game day go to Springdale or Rogers. This should be shut down and redone, Nothing has been done there since 1975.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Nicole M, Manager at Econo Lodge Fayetteville, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
I am sorry that your experience at our hotel was unsatisfactory. We strive to give each guest a positive experience here at Red Roof Fayetteville. I only wish that you had informed the front desk of your displeasure with the room so we may have had the chance to correct it. We are getting ready to do some remodeling after the football season. We pride ourselves with being able to provide clean and comfortable rooms for our guests. Once again I apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations.
Jacksonville, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

First of all, prices were raised way too high because of a football game in town. I was in room 224 on 9/14 and 9/15. I got the last room they had available, which was a king smoking. I understand smoking rooms have a smoky smell to them, but my pillows reaked of it and I woke up with a tremendous headache from it. My wife and I are on a strict diet and they did not have a fridge or microwave in the room. I understand not all rooms will have one in them. We called the front desk to ask if they had an extra fridge and microwave, and they said no, but we could use the microwave downstairs. When my wife went downstairs to use the microwave, there was not one there either. We ended up having to go off of our diet and eat out because of this. Also, not all of the lights worked in the room and our remote control was held together with scotch tape and barely worked at all. When my wife approached the manager at checkout when we left, she didn't even offer an apology. The only thing she said was that we would not get any discount because we were in a smoking room. The other bad part about the experience, was that there were people talking loudly outside of the room all night. Not really blaming Red Roof Inn for this part. I will be filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, and will never use this hotel again. I was a repeat customer as well.

Room Tip: Book as early as possible to make sure you have a microwave and fridge.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
I am sorry you felt our rates were too high during the event weekend. We do raise rates during University of Arkansas games but still manage to be one of the most affordable hotels in the area. Unfortunately our smoking rooms smell of smoke and even though we wash the pillows regularly, we always put them back into smoking rooms so as to keep nonsmoking rooms truly nonsmoking. I apologize that the only room we had left did not have a micro/fridge in it. People book far in advance for these games and requests are fulfilled on a first come, first served basis. I am sorry that other guests disturbed your stay. The front desk handles any rowdy guests if a complaint is made about loud or disruptive behavior, however if we are not made aware of it we cannot correct it. Again I apologise that we did not provide you with a stellar experience and hope in future we can improve upon these issues.
arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

We NEVER had any problems with this hotel! The front desk lady was very helpful to us. We had asked her tons of questions of the area and such and we had settled down for the night and crashed. They only thing I could think of was someone's radio was so loud (from their car ) that you can hear it in our room but they left so it's not like it was a big deal . It was Probably our pizza guy delivering our pizza! We would come back :)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
We love hearing about our front desk staff giving guests a great experience! I'm glad that you enjoy staying here with us and can't wait to see you again when you come through town again. And we'll look into those pizza guys with their blaring radios!
Weatherford, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I stayed here with my fourteen year old son and his baseball team for four nights. During our stay, we were constantly awakened by drunks at the pool, had ZERO breakfast, witnessed hotel staff drinking on the job, and as the highlight of the trip, my son was threatened at gunpoint by a man whose female "business associates" were performing sex acts in front of their open window. It was without a doubt the worst hotel experience of my life!!

Room Tip: Do NOT stay here!!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
, General Manager at Econo Lodge Fayetteville, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
I apologize that you left our inn with this impression. Our guests safety and comfort is our first priority and we feel that we strive to achieve this with every guest from check in to check out. In this instance I wish we would have had an opportunity to speak about your impressions or concerns while you were staying with us, but as this is the first chance we are able to learn about this please again accept my apology and hopefully you can see by the other reviews posted here that we do strive to exceed all of our guest expectations.
Fayetteville, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for nearly 3 weeks! Our room was large & comfortable. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful, and housekeeping did a great job cleaning when needed. The manager gave us a great rate for our extended stay. A great location with lots of restaurants and shopping nearby. Just a few negatives: our room connected with a smoking room so we smelled cigarette smoke at times, a little loud outside on a few nights, rooms showing signs of age. Overall, we were very satisfied with our stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Econo Lodge Fayetteville, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
We are pleased you had a great stay with us in May! We love hearing that our guests enjoyed themselves. We strive to be as clean and affordable as possible. I am sorry that smoke was a bother at times, and we are in the process of converting any connecting rooms that are smoking into non-smoking. If your travels bring you back to Fayetteville we would love to have you as a guest again. Thank you!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

The front desk was very sweet and helpful. However, the rooms are probably the worst I have very seen. Very dirty!! We stayed one night and moved!!!

• Stayed May 2012
, Manager at Econo Lodge Fayetteville, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
I am sorry that your room was not acceptable. We try to proveide all guests with a clean and comfortable experience here in Fayetteville. I am glad that the staff was friendly. Guest satisfaction is our #1 priority. Once again I apologise for the condition of the room. We hope you'll try us again so we can give you that exceptional experience we strive for.

Been to Econo Lodge Fayetteville? Share your experiences!