“Convenient to University, Friendly with all the complimentary amenities you need” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton - Fayetteville

Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

To preface this review, my family stayed at this property last year and we had very minor issues with our room and a staff member but after mentioning this in a Homewood Suites survey, the manager of the property went out of his way to email me personally offering to make things right. That action led me to give them another chance this year when touring the University of Arkansas.

I am very glad we gave the Homewood Suites-Fayetteville a second chance as everything was perfect during this stay. We were touring the University again for my daughter and when we arrived this time, we were greeted warmly and checked in to the type of room we reserved very quickly. The room was very clean and my Gold Member gift of 2 bottled waters and Milano cookies were on the table waiting. I needed to print a parking pass for our university visit, so the business area with computers and free printing was a great value-added feature. The complimentary internet is something I always look for when reserving a hotel and the connection process was a breeze and worked very well.

We really enjoy the room setup at Homewood and my wife commented that even for just 2 people, it would be nice to have the separated area with a second TV with tons of channels including many obscure ones offered only on higher priced cable/satellite packages. In the morning I went to the front desk for a couple extra towels and the young man working was very, very friendly and was quick to assist. The complimentary breakfast offered plenty of choices both hot and cold. My daughter was hoping for a waffle maker, but I think she enjoys cooking them more that eating them so that wasn't a negative with all the other options. Since we stayed on a Friday night we didn't get to take advantage of the complimentary nightly happy hour food offering, but looking at the menu in our room, it would be another great benefit for picking this Homewood Suites for weekday stays. The trip to the University admissions office consisted of coming out of the parking lot, making a left on Wedington and a right on Garland. Total trip was 1.7 miles and it took less than 5 minutes. For anyone touring the university, visiting students or going to a sporting event, I can't think of a better place to stay that combines the convenience, space, friendly attitude, great management and complimentary amenities offered by the Homewood Suites.

I appreciated the manager's reply to my minor issues last year and wanted to share with everyone our pleasure and complete satisfaction on our second visit. Not only have they won us over for staying in Fayetteville, they have made Homewood Suites move to the top when searching for lodging in other cities.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2010

i stayed in this hotel for more than two months at a stretch and it was so comfortable that it feels like true home. they serve complementary dinner and beer and wine four days a week along with everyday breakfast, which i loved! I also love their hot tub and the pool. It was truly good experience staying there. All the hotel employees were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

This was an amazing stay. I have had very bad luck with several different hotels in the area but this one was just perfect. The food was great, and they even offer grills and a half basketball court for a tiny get togethers outside. The staff was extremely friendly and I praise them for cleaning up so quickly after the big shareholders convention!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Jacksonville, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010

I stayed here for several nights in March. The hotel is brand new and it shows, everything was clean, shiny, and very nice. The staff was great and always ready to help. The rooms were huge suite rooms with full kitchens, comfortable furniture, a cozy bed, and two nice 32" TV's. I also enjoyed their workout facility, all nice new equipment and freeweights. The other nice thing agout the workout facility was it wasn't stuffed into some old room, there was pleanty of room. I would definatley stay here again and reccommend it to anyone, business, families, etc...

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Memphis, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2009

I was here for 2 nights on business. This is a new hotel and everything was perfect.

They have a reception in the evening and free hot breakfast in the am. Rooms were very nice and everything was clean. Good location near some restaurants and shopping.

All in all a good choice.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2009

We stayed at this hotel recently. It's pretty new, but very nice. We had a one bedroom suite. It was quiet. The A/C worked great. I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Maumelle, AR
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

I made reservations well in advance of our stay for a two bedroom suite. The two bedroom suite was even CONFIRMED by the MANAGER via email who stated: " . . . please move forward with confidence that your family will rest comfortably in our spacious 2-bedroom suite." This was AFTER I explained I didn't want to make the drive with a tired family with a young child and not have a two bedroom suite available! Well - it was NOT available! We were offered a second room, no charge, fair enough. THEN the desk clerk calls our room to say the manager never promised a two bedroom suite and the second room would be charged at a discounted rate (which it was NOT due only to my persistence). It was INSULTING. I was too embarrased to even go down for breakfast which closes at 9:00 !! Are you kidding? For a leisurely weekend?
Upon arrival, our room SMELLED like a dirty vacuum bag, seriously! Family was sneezing and coughing all weekend -- and we don't usually have allergies.

The exhaust fan in the bathroom ran CONSTANTLY if the door opened during the night it woke up whoever was still asleep.

The pool was TINY -- can't say it enough -- TINY TINY TINY -- two strangers would be quite uncomfortable in it.

The bed was very uncomfortable to us -- we're used to Embassy Suites in Rogers and Hilton Promenade in Bransonm, and Hilton in Pensacola Beach. Not to be snooty, but I won't stay in another Homewood Suites - this one turned me off that badly.

As my title states, we will NEVER stay here again...ever.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton - Fayetteville? Share your experiences!