Stayed here in October 2002 and came way a lot poorer in pocket and very tired.
Room given was faultless-except for the extreme cold. Only one tiny radiator to heat a very large room. Asked for and received a portable heater without which we would have perished.
Fire-alarm went off at 3am- turned out to be a false alarm -great that the system worked ,but no apology received from anybody in the morning and the morning staff we asked about it ,were clueless.
Dinner was included in our rates but was literally inedible. We called it a night when we were offered Jelly and Ice-cream for dessert.
At breakfast we had to send our Tea-Pot back because of filthy state it was presented to us.Turned us off eating there and ate out for the rest of our stay.
Library-singing lounge was o.k. until it started to rain outside.cRain water started to come through room and it was hilarious to see staff (well used to situation) bringing buckets,pots etc out from their standby positions.
Staff that were present were the very best.Courteous and responsive to every request made by us and others.However on requesting Management (of some form) to make these above calamities known,none could be found.
We wrote a letter of complaint offering 'constructive criticism', which was un-answered for 6 weeks, until a formal letter of complaint sent to Fáilte Ireland, produced a reply from hotel within 5 days!
Instead of listening to our views, we got an absolute denial of all faults listed and enclosed was a freebie of another 3 nights.
As our initial letter of complaint stated ,quite clearly, that we were in no way interested in 'freebies' ,these were dispatched back along with a note stating ,quite clearly, our dismay that our problems were dismissed in such a cavalier fashion.
Hotel has great potential but as long as customers views and complaints are ignored, it can only attract a lot of deserved criticism.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Hotel located in Rosses Point, SligoThis elegant Sligo Hotel is ideally located in Rosses Point, Sligo located on the shores of the Atlantic Ocean. With a Blue flag beach and a challenging 18 hole golf links nearby, the Sligo Yeats Country Hotel Spa & Leisure Centre provides its guests with a taste of leisure and relaxation amongst the breathtaking beauty of the North West of Ireland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Yeats Country Hotel, Spa and Leisure Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yeats Country Hotel, Spa And Leisure Centre Hotel Rosses Point
- Yeats Country Rosses Point