“Disaster” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Cavan, Ireland
“Disaster”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Went dr for my 30th.Was told dr wuld b baloons etc.Wen we got dr we ad ta wait an hour and half for da table.Wen we eventually got da table dr was no baloons etc.Very dissapointing.Got no apology frm manager.Waitresses very nice though.Wil not b returning.Would not reccomend for a party.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Dublin, Ireland
“very good choice & value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I was here today for the first time for Father's Day and had the vegetable soup, vegetarian stir-fry with rice (egg noodles was on menu but they had no problem replacing that with rice when I asked) and the apple pie. We had no reservation but were seated very quickly anyway with no fuss. Service was very good, although a bit confusing as we ended up with about 5 different people serving us different things, but no big deal. Soup was nice, hot but not boiling and served with bread roll. Stir fry was great, except that I was later disappointed to find out that while the stir-fry was listed on the menu as vegetarian, when my father asked later about the sauce used in the dish (he had same as me and found the sauce very spicy and was enquiring if next time he came could he get it separate to the vegetables) it turned out there was oyster sauce in it. As a vegan I was upset about that but still I suppose it's better than what was available in 'Blayney 10yrs ago, and have to say the waitress was good on her word to follow up directly with the chef to find out what was in the sauce, how it was made & what way it could be served. Apple pie was also lovely, served very warm & dusted with icing sugar but not very sugary itself which is just how I prefer it. I really liked the attitude of the staff & the general atmosphere/music (though music was not to my mother's taste, but you can't please everyone!) The only other slight niggle really was that my mother ordered a cappuccino for after her dessert and ended up having to ask for it again, twice, before it was served. I'd say maybe that was just an oversight due to it being unusually busy for Father's Day... anyway that was more than made up for by the fact that my father's meal was completely free! I only found out when asking for the bill that all fathers got their meals free so that was a great bonus. Note that they cater specially for coeliacs which is important for us as my mother has this & it makes the whole experience more enjoyable as no worries there. So all-in-all was a great meal out; we were able to take our time, there was nobody rushing us & staff very helpful & polite; and menu options very good. Would definitely go there again.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Monaghan, Monaghan, Ireland
“Dont fix it if its not broken”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

The veg soup was to die for but for some reason they have changed it and not for the better.
Dont try to fix something if its not broken.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Go there”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Great service great food going back next week would highly recommend

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Nice restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

This was a lovely restaurant, bar could do with being uppdated a bit though

Visited March 2012