“Outstanding, truly delightful stay” 5 of 5 stars

Nuremore Hotel and Country Club
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Carrickmacross, Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Carrickmacross
Dublin, Ireland
“Outstanding, truly delightful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed in the Nuremore for a 3 night stay from the 28th of October - during the school mid -term break. My husband, my 12 year old daughter and myself - all looking forward to the break. We were not disappointed - the setting is delightful, great for golfers. Although we did not use the golf facility - we enjoyed feeding the ducks. Tennis courts available for use also. Both my husband and daughter enjoyed the use of the two full sized snooker tables available free of charge. The leisure centre is lovely too - although did not really enjoy the jacuzzi - a little cool!
The food in the hotel is fantastic - breakfast was superb, great choice and cooked to perfection. Evening meal also fantastic - good children's menu too. My daughter said it was the best pasta she ever had.
The staff too - well they make the hotel what it is. We did have an issue with fly's in the room - this was dealt with immediately and more importantly Kevin did follow up to see that we were ok. This I thought was a very important gesture - as we felt we were listened too.
There was a children's club running for the week - I can not comment on what it was like as my daughter did not attend. The programme looked good for it though.
Would definitely recommend this hotel and it was excellent value for the money. I will definitely return - would love to go for the Christmas programme - which looks really interesting - however it would not be in my budget this year - but who knows- I may get lucky. If you are looking for somewhere nice over the Christmas to get away from it all - this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Drogheda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

My review is of the bar and bar food only. I did stay in the hotel many years ago and remember it as being most enjoyable but the facts are rather hazy so I'll stick to my most recent experiences. Both my husband and I go here regularly for their snacks and a couple of drinks. We travel about 20 miles just for their prawn cocktail which is the old-fashioned type but oh! so very, very good, and I mustn't forget their Guinness brown bread (delicious). This together with a couple of glasses of wine and coca cola (for my husband, the driver) helps to while away a Saturday afternoon looking out at their gardens and the golf course. Their bar staff are excellent, attentive and friendly, and even when there is a wedding crowd they do not neglect their regulars. We decided lately to try their tapas plate for two and it was really very good indeed. We scoffed the lot. The damage wasn't bad either, Tapas platter for two with their lovely bread, two wines and one Coca Cola came to €24.40. Needless to say we will return again and again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Athlone, Westmeath, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

stayed here for one night for a relations wedding, was looking forward to having a swim and using the sauna, however both sauna and jacuzzi were out of order after paying €180 for the room!thats the only complaint i had.he food for the wedding was excellent, we hadnt even arrived an hour and we were called into the dining hall, and food was served within 10 mins and was fabulous from starter to dessert, rooms were nice, big & bright, with nice size tv! breakfast was lovely too, overall we had a good stay

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Stayed here and celebrated my sister's wedding in August.

Could not have asked for more attentive service, and a general feeling of being well looked after from start to finish, especially by Geraldine who looked after my sister so well.

The perfect venue.

Would highly recommend for anyone looking to celebrate their special day.

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Our daughter had her wedding reception in Nuremore in July and I can honestly tell you the standard of food and hospitality was superb. Our guests told us the it was the best wedding meal they ever had. Well done and thank you. We will be back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Overnight stay
Friendly and helpful checkin
Spacious pleasant room extremely comfortable bed
Excellent breakfeast
Excellent bar food lamb cutlets and duck confit generous portions reasonable price
Golf course waterlogged but cant blame hotel for weather
will go back

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We booked into this hotel for an overnight last month and i cannot say enough good things about the place. From the minute we walked in the door, the staff could not have been more helpful and polite. The room was fabulous with an amazing view of the golf course and the meal that evening was probably the best meal i have had in years. Breakfast the next morning, was superb. I will definitely be back and have recommended it to all my friends already. A fabulous hotel with super staff and heavenly food, what more do you need

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Nuremore Hotel and Country Club? Share your experiences!