“Average Hotel, not without it's problems” 3 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bridge St., Navan, Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Navan
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Crossmaglen
“Average Hotel, not without it's problems”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed here with a group of 10 on Sat 9th March. The hotel is very well located for all the attractions of the town as its walking distance to all pubs, restaurants etc. The hotel itself probably needs a bit of an upgrade. I had the lunch carvery which was just ok. I had much nicer in other hotels. The room was very hard to heat and the shower only had luke warm water. I was first for breakfast the next morning in the whole hotel and the cooked breakfast was cold. Would I stay again, maybe but not at 99euro for room and breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Laura C, Guest Relations Manager at Newgrange Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear CrossmaglenDiddler
Thank you for taking the time for posting your review. Customer feedback is vital for us to maintain the high standards we pride ourselves on. You will be glad to hear that we are currently upgrading our rooms and public areas and as you can understand it will take time to make these changes. I hope you can give us another chance to impress you and you will be able to see the improvements we are making on an ongoing basis.
Laura Cox

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

This a beautiful hotel, very charming. The staff were great and food excellent. The only thing i didn't like was for our evening meal we were seated at a table, positioned diagonal to the corner of the wall. This made is quite awkward, as we were so close to the table next to us that we had to push passed them and them us when leaving the table. It was only a small inconvenience. I loved the relaxing library room to have a quite drink in after dinner. The bedrooms were spacious comfy and clean.I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Novb2922
Thank you for posting your review following your recent stay here in the Newgrange Hotel. Our friendly staff is something that we love to hear about and I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to everyone. I am sorry that the table in the restaurant wasn't as comfortable as you had hoped - as you can understand our restaurant is very busy, especially at the weekends but on your return be sure to ask for a nice table and we will certainly look after you. I hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

You just have to visit the newgrange hotel, navan, for their carvery lunch, desert & tea for an amazing €13.. Me and my 7 year old daughter had lunch in it last week.. And it was lovely..The staff were so friendly and helpful.. The chef even cooked up something for my 7 year old... She can be a bit picky. I will definitely be going back and taking the whole family. I was only sorry I was not staying for a weekend in it..so if your in navan and hungry go to the newgrange hotel for their carvery lunch!!

• Stayed February 2013
Dear jrd35
Thank you for our recent review following your visit to the Newgrange. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our Carvery lunch. High standard food quality is something on which we pride ourselves. I am glad to hear that you will be returning and look forward to welcoming you back again.
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Stayed as part of a hen party - location was excellent in centre of Navan. Staff in all parts of the hotel were very friendly and accommodating - nothing was too much trouble. Rooms were basic but very clean and comfortable. Highly recommended!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear dingdong83
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed the hen party and that you found all the staff friendly and welcoming. We really appreciate your recommendations and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Merano, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed there with a large group and found the place really nice. It is cozy, well furnished, with a nice in-house bar. Also the restaurant is a nice place. It is conveniently located next to the high street in Navan, and close to a number of bars and pubs. The hotel also has its own car park.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Lolicon
Thank you most sincerely for your lovely comments following your recent stay here in the Newgrange Hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I hope you can return to us again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stayed at the Newgrange for my sisters hen. I was the main organiser and I have to say, dealing with them on the run up to the hen was a pleasure. The weekend that we stayed there was really great. The staff were amazing, so helpful and nothing was too much trouble! We had dinner there that night and the food was very nice also! Would definitely recommend a stay here!!

• Stayed March 2013
Laura C, Guest Relations Manager at Newgrange Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Linda

Thank you most sincerely for your kind comments following your recent stay at the Newgrange Hotel. I am delighted that everyone enjoyed their stay. Our friendly staff and excellent food are something on which we pride so I am happy to hear that you found both of high standard during your stay and we really appreciate your recommendations. I hope you can return to us again in the future.

Kind regards
Dundee, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

On another visit to a good Hotel stayed for 4 nights
All staff are great but then they know me but not all of them so its still welcoming
Rooms are spotless and comfortable and the showers are great
Breakfast is still the tops what lovely ladies
Room service is still good as is the food
On my last night I had a French colleague come for "early bird "dinner
He thought the reception area and lounges were wonderfull,
And the early bird dinner ? it was great and the restaurant was busy so the locals agree too !

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Laura C, Guest Relations Manager at Newgrange Hotel, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Dear sherbert852
Thank you once again for another wonderful review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoy your stay time & time again. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Laura Cox

Been to Newgrange Hotel? Share your experiences!