“Decent Hotel, Excellent Staff and Service.” 5 of 5 stars

Newgrange Hotel
Bridge St., Navan, Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Navan
Killarney, Ireland
“Decent Hotel, Excellent Staff and Service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

The check in was easy enough with instructions to rooms and breakfast rooms very clear. Rooms themselves were basic and of the advertised 3 star quality. Clean bathrooms with plenty of towels and hot water, clean comfortable bed, TV, tea/ coffee facilities and all the usual stuff, nice rooms. The staff were excellent, night porters serving us a few cold pints which helped us relax after nightshift work! When my room key failed the porter helped me out and replaced it with no problems at all. The lady at the desk also helped me out by offering a fax service for my work which was done with no hassle and a very friendly attitude. I can't recommend this hotel enough, it was lively and a great stay, but at the same time relaxing enough to get my work done, great stuff.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the roadside/ town street side.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Front Office Manager at Newgrange Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2012
Dear brimit
Thank you for your review following your recent stay here in the Newgrange. I am glad your stay was an enjoyable experience. I will pass on your lovely comments to all the staff. I hope to welcome you back to the Newgrange again soon.

279 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Just a message to say "A Big Thank You" to Kate and all the Staff at the Newgrange for making Orla's Hen Party such a "Memorable Occasion". The whole package was Klass. The service and food at the hotel was brilliant and Orlie's Chicks had a wonderful time. We were made feel so welcome and the hospitality was second to none !!!!!! It's a credit to the hotel and it's staff. I will definitely recommend this as a hen weekend destination for future "Brides to Be". And what can we say about "Causey Farm" it was the best "Fun Ever". We are still laughing about our experience in the bog. This has been an experience of a lifetime and we enjoyed every second of it. Brilliant craic !!!! "Memories not to be forgotten".

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Laura C, Front Office Manager at Newgrange Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Dear Julie
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. I'm delighted all the girls enjoyed their weekend and hope to welcome you back again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012 via mobile

Was there for a fabulous wedding recently which I have to say the staff were very good to us and the food was great. Special mention to Martin the night supervisor who is a top bloke, very personable, approachable and looks after his customers and the hotel at night very well.thanks Martin :)

• Stayed May 2012
Dear Lisafromcork,
Thank you very much for your lovely comments following your stay here in the Newgrange. I will pass on your compliments to Martin which I am sure he will really appreciate. I am glad you were well looked after and hope to welcome you back soon.
Lisnaskea, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

i booked the newgrange last minute as we were heading to the races on the sunday afternoon so thought id surprise my hubby and stay over nite as it was our wedding anniversary! the room was just ok not very romantic and comfy but was clean! the food was lovely and service was good.....found the receptionist not very happy a wee bit dull! the breakfast was nice but i was expecting a buffet but i heard a lady saying it wasnt busy enough for the buffet but it was fine as it was tasty! over all was nice enough!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear 545ali2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Customer feedback is vital for us to maintain our high standards on which we have built our reputation.
We hope you can come and visit us again soon.
Kildare, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Stayed here last week as I was attending a friends wedding in nearby Slane. Arrived a little after 4 to swift and smooth check in, asked for a taxi to be booked for 5pm and at 4.55 we received a call to our room to let us know that the taxi was there.

Room was clean, neat and rather spacious for just the two of us. We did order a room service breakfast for 10.00 the next morning but when it hadn't arrived by 10.30 I called the front desk. They explained that their had been a number of orders for the same time and they were just leaving with the breakfast at that time.

Sure enough, within a few minutes 2 apologetic ladies arrived to the room with our breakfast. Overall, I was happy with the service and standard of the Newgrange hotel and if I have reason to stay in Navan again, I'll be looking to the Newgrange hotel

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Laura C, Front Office Manager at Newgrange Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Dear Hawk4077
Than you for taking the time to post your review about the Newgrange. I am glad you enjoyed your stay & I hope to welcome you back to the Newgrange very soon.
Carlow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

We chose to stay in the Newgrange Hotel as it was close to Dublin, but also close to my parents in Cavan who where minding our children for the weekend. When we arrived on Friday the receptionist politely asked was it a romantic weekend away as we informed her it was a 'child free weekend' when we told her it was our wedding anniversary we congratulated us, gave us our keycard and said nothing else. When we arrived at our room we realised that we had been upgraded to the Bridal Suite.

The Bridal Suite has an amazing jacuzzi bath that fits two comfortably !! I would be quite fussy about hotel bathrooms, but I can honestly say it was immaculate. The same with hotel beds. It was turned down perfect and the sheets were spotless and crisp. There was beautiful fresh fruit on arrival and the bed was so comfortable.

Dinner .. we decided to have dinner in the bar that night with a few drinks. I had the burger and my husband had the chicken and both of which were divine. I asked could have have the cheese on the side of the burger, no cucumber in the salad and the dressing on the side and the reaction was 'of course, absolutely no problems'. I in no way felt like I was putting them out. We had one or five cocktails throughout the night which went down a bit too well and the music was brilliant.

The bar staff as we were sitting at the bar in no way plagued us to keep filling up our drinks, but did keep an eye on us and ensure we were OK. I would have to say a particular thank you to Stephen the bar man as he was very good at his job.

Breakfast was a huge buffet of fresh fruit, croissants, buns, scones and cereals along with a full Irish which we demolised. We then went shopping around Navan which we did not realise have all the shops you could want or need.

That night we had dinner in the restaurant which was already dealing with 3 large parties, but did not keep us waiting even with the large amount of people in the restaurant. Starters were great and delivered very promtply. I had the fish and my husband had the steak which was cooked exactly how we asked for it and as for the garlic potatoes WOW !! We were too stuffed for dessert and opted for an Irish and Bailey's coffee instead. We got to finish our wine and in now way felt like we were being kicked out to make room for the next couple coming in.

What I liked the most is that the hotel has and country style charm. We didn't want to go to one of the contemporary hotels that is decorated in golds and purple. We wanted a hotel that made you feel welcome and The Newgrange Hotel did that. I would recommend it to anyone and we will be back. What I loved was the manager on the morning we were leaving was in the middle of getting the banquet halls (if that is the right name) ready for the wedding fair that afternoon and I asked could I have a quick peek before I left and she had no problems taking time out to show me how the had set up the top table and two other tables in different colours to show you what it would / could look like. I also got shown if you were having you wedding ceremony there the room where you would get married and it made me want to get married again. The twinkling lights and flower and red carpet and how all the chairs were decorated.

I would recommend this hotel again to anyone, and we will be back... Thank you for making our weekend so very very memorable and special for us.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Laura C, Front Office Manager at Newgrange Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Dear kavanaghc
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments. I will be sure to pass them on to everyone here at the Newgrange. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Newgrange very soon.
Kindest Regards
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012 via mobile

I have been staying here on and off for many years and to be fair the prices have tumbled but there are rough edges to all areas in your room old chairs a bit frayed wall paper peeling and apart from breakfast where (apart from hard chewy bacon ) the service and selection is first class ,however the evening staff really don't care although they go through the motions and the food is awfull just awfull chicken only half cooked and when you mention this there is never any sorry just "oh dear we will not charge you " I left a letter on my list visit for the manager but never ever heard anything shame really' I have been stopping here for years and have brought lots of custom too

Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear Derek

I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us. I hope you will return to us soon and will see we have made improvement in many areas.
Laura Cox

Been to Newgrange Hotel? Share your experiences!