“Fabulours, Fabulous, Fabulous” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Meath
“Fabulours, Fabulous, Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

This is always my choice of restaurant when it comes to family meals, a quick lunch or a special occasion. Staff very friendly - one girl in particular (sorry, don't know her name) is always fantastic and goes out of her way to ensure a pleasant dining experience. I ordinarily eat the mozerella for starter and I often crave it. Pizza is probably the best I've had outside of Italy and I am fussy when it comes to pizza! Spinach canelloni is georgous too. I rarely have room for dessert but I'm never dissapointed when I do. What's even better is the value for money. €10 between 12 and 3pm, €15 between 3 and 7pm (this includes dessert and €16 on Sunday which has no dessert but includes a glass of wine. Kids often ask if they can go to marini's for a treat which is always a great sign. Has been a favourite of mine for quite some time and will be a favourite for some time yet.

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

70% Recommend
dublin
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012 via mobile

Went here looking forward to the delights that the menu promised and was sorely disappointed by the lack-lustre fare that was put in front of us!

I got a poorly cooked pasta dish that I have forgotten the name of, which was also a very small portion might I add!

My wife got a warm chicken salad....also a mean portion and the chicken was quite obviously of the pre-pack processed kind....Awful smell from it too!

Will not be going back!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“Love the Early Bird”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

The early bird is excellent value (€14.95 for 3 courses) and the menu has great variety. I think I've tried every dish on this menu and every one of them has been to a high standard.

Kells, Ireland
“A little peace of heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

Have driven past this restaurant so many times over the years and have never once gone in there..however - a good friend recommended it to me recently ..and I'm so glad she did. A new family favourite!!!! The restaurant is gorgeous inside...comfortable chairs, lovely charming, authentic decor and the staff are so friendly. Whoever said the service was slow needs to have their heads read. We did not want for anything. The food was simply delicious and the portions were big. Amazing value for money! There is a good range on offer on the menu and the Early Bird Menu is simply fantastic! Would we go back? FOR SURE!!!! Most definitely!!

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
ireland
“Our favourite restaurant at home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

Why do I always submit a review when we come home from holiday and neglect the suberb Italian where we go several times a year. Authentic Italian, full range of fresh pastas and pizzas but so much more. The steaks are always good and cooked as requested also lots of other meat , fish and chicken dishes. The wine list (Italian) is not the most extensive but carefully chosen. They open from lunchtime and do a special until 5.30pm for under €16, starter/main/drink. It is not very big so if your party is 6+ booking might be advisable later in the evening. Very child friendly with big baskets of toys provided to keep them amused. Service helpful and friendly but this is not fast food,take your time and enjoy! Outside deck for smokers and al fresco diners.

• Visited July 2011