“Thanks for saving the last lobster” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 19 Restaurants in Carlingford
Cuisines: Bistro
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Classical Bistro style, chef and wife team, unpretentious, mediterrean atmosphere, with quality fish game and meats products sourced locally, The Oystercatcher also offers its version of "Street Food" each Sunday afternoon, with local oysters, dressed crab, Carlingford smoked salmon and chowders
Fredericksburg, Va
“Thanks for saving the last lobster”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

My wife and I made reservations a few hours before eating and asked about the lobster on the menu. We were told they only had one left, and when we asked for them to save it for us, they said we would. It was delicious, done just right. Very good service and very good food make for a good meal, which is what we had.

• Visited August 2012

Dungannon, United Kingdom
“Highly recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

My husband a I dined in The Oystercatcher on Sunday 19th August after having a lovely day at the Oyster festival. The restaurant is very welcoming and cosy and having been regulars to Jordans over the years we were delighted to see Harry and Marian back cooking. The food was what I had expected - delicious and keenly priced. I had the Bellingham mushroom and the Steak and my husband had the Confit of Duck followed by Hake- both delicious.
Harry and Marion you havn't lost the touch!
Staff were friendly and helpful as they were to all the other diners there and we enjoyed our time reminiscing with the owners. Although I am not a big fan of chowder I had tasted theirs at the festival during the day and it was beautiful so Marion was only too happy to give me some tips on how to make it. We highly recommend here and will be back very soon.

• Visited August 2012
Dublin, Ireland
“Great food, service and atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Excellent food and nice cosy atmosphere. Staff came round for a chat as we were leaving and couldn’t have been nicer. Definitely recommend this place.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dublin
“Friendly, informal & great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

A large party of us dropped in late without a booking and were warmly welcomed by the owners who made every effort to fit us in, the service we received throughout continued to be very friendly and helpful. The current owners used to run Jordans when it had a Michelin star, so the food was really great, the chef came out after the meal to ensure we were all happy with the meal and his enthusiasm and pride were very clear (understandably!). Highly recommend this friendly and informal restaurant - note if you fancy a Guinness with your oysters they will allow you to bring a pint in from the pub across the road!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dublin, Ireland
“Sublime food in a relaxed and fun atmosphere, what more could you want?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I've been here twice in the last fortnight, once for a family birthday with our 4 grown-up children and once with friends. The younger people were very happy not to have to dress up, yet you can go dressed up if you like. We were uniformly delighted with everything; My daughters loved the bacon and cabbage, though they seldom go for pork. The prawn starter is delicious, not so spicy that it masks the taste of the prawns and the chorizo is a clever addition. The Bellingham mushrooms are very good indeed, it is a great combination, the creamy sauce is very tasty, I shall try to make them at home. The Cataplana I will not try at home though, it is best left to Harry, a splendid dish, pronounced the best food he had had in 27 years of visiting Ireland by one of our party. I went for the lobster on my last visit, very cleverly prepared requiring no toolbox to eat, sublime. The generously-sized steak was also excellent. Even though we were the last to leave the restaurant by a long shot we were not rushed and got to sip our after-dinner digestifs without feeling we were delaying anybody. The pannacotta was light and delicious, so was the cheesecake. The wine list was well chosen to match the menu. There was a lovely atmosphere on both occasions and Harry and Marion came out for a chat and explained some recipes to one of my youngsters who wanted to copy the cous cous. I hope to get back asap!