“awfull place” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Longford
Newry, United Kingdom
“awfull place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

never again,, we stayed one night in it,, the whole place needs a good cleanl ,, they have no lift,, so you have to haul our cases up the stairs,,, we had some food in the bar,the bar man was very nice, we got steak which we couldnt eat,, hard as leather ,,,

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Just called to your hotel as stop over for breakfast. Arrived at 10.37am to be told breakfast was finished at 10.30am!!!!!!!????? Wonderful business. Its no wonder we are in a recession if a hotel cannot be a little flexible. We did have coffe & scone, and noticed that where we were sitting the skirting boards and sockets had ot seen a rub of a cloth for quite some time. WON'T BE BACK.

• Stayed October 2012
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Not a bad hotel in Ireland's Midlands, with a very good price to match. Two strong selling points: It's in the heart of town, and they have a swimming pool & leisure centre as well, at no extra cost. However, don't expect friendly customer service -it could be SO much better. After all, it doesn't cost anything to smile; and say, "how did you enjoy your stay"? Breakfast is included and is EXCELLENT, but again... friendliness was lacking on our visit. The breakfast dining room is quite aesthetically pleasing, but lacks ambience -a bit of soft background music wouldn't go astray. I would recommend this hotel, if you're looking for somewhere nice and inexpensive to stay in the Midlands; but don't expect a warm, friendly welcome.

Room Tip: In some rooms the allow smoking -check in advance if you are a non-smoker. We had a room at the back...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Limerick, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stayed for two nights. The bed was bowed in the middle making it very uncomfortable to sleep in, the staff were very rude and didn't seem like they wanted to be there at all. We went to the bar at half four for food which is served from three o clock and took a seat expecting a menu to be dropped down..after about 5 minutes I went to the bar to ask for a menu...we decided what we wanted to eat and waited and waited..eventually I went up to the bar and asked did I have to order there..the woman behind the bar said yeah and when I went to take my seat again she said I had to pay before I got the food which seemed a little strange. We finished our starters and the main course was dropped down but she didnt bother clearing the starter plates away. Breakfast staff were also very rude one threw her eyes to heaven when I asked if they had any more orange juice. Having said all this the food was lovely..(probably the only good thing I have to say about my stay) The toilets off the reception area were also very dirty. Also there were no comment cards in the rooms, probably for obvious reasons and we were not asked did we enjoy our stay when we were leaving. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms 211 to 216 are right beside the nightclub which is attached to the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
northern ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Booked this Hotel well in advance,When booking sent an e-mail to make sure we were not located anywhere near a night club,as other half was running Longford Marathon next morning,
ARRIVAL,We were gave the room,216.double checked this was not near the nightclub...Oh sorry,thats facing it.,will put you in room 15,its very quiet.
ROOM 15, well the less said,peanuts on carpet in bedroom ,door of wardrobe hanging off,clearly not serviced AT ALL.
reported the above to reception,was informed,yeah i wont lie,that room had someone in it,but only 10 mins,a porter checked it ,said it was fine,clearly a blind porter.
AS for a quiet room.OMG,What a laugh,non stop noise from party people until 4am,absolute NIGHTMARE.
Food was okay,nothing to write home about.
Breakfast,buffet style,Breakfast staff,not the most pleasant.
After breakfast,went to the toilets in the main reception area,to say they were disgustingly dirty was an understatement.,reported this to reception,and was advised they would be cleaned immediately.2hrs later they remained the same.
General over all report,Would NEVER STAY IN THIS HOTEL AGAIN,NOR WOULD I RECOMMEND IT,
The fact that its central ,is its only saving grace,and little competition near by,
Having said that,i would sooner drive to another area,
The Owners really need to stop running a hotel as you would have done 30yrs ago.
and take a good look at HOUSEKEEPING.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

Receptionist was lovely but there was no lift and had to drag my suitcase up 2 flights of stairs. Room was quite dated and a blanket on my bed was stained. Also no toilet roll in bathroom so it obviously hadn't been properly serviced. A couple of the receptists seemed openly annoyed when I rang them for room service. Also when I checked out I asked if I could leave my case there till the afternoon and they literally just told me to leave it beside the front door where anyone could walk in. The only saving grace was free access to the pool. Wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed August 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

Very comfortable friendly staff. Good value. Food good and good bar service. Would return for a stay Longford a busy town with nice shops. Good bus service to Dublin. Excellent for a short break And plenty to do. Near the Shannon for recreation

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Longford Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!