“The Keadeen hotel: A gem in Kildare” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Curragh Road | Ballymany, Newbridge, Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Newbridge
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“The Keadeen hotel: A gem in Kildare”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

The Keadeen ran a competition earlier this year, in conjunction with Kildare Village & Newbridge Silverware. To my surprise, I did win and was contacted immediately by the hotel to let me know the great news.

I just wanted to say a massive thank you as from the moment we stepped in, we felt welcome (as always): this is the magic of this hotel: you feel at home. The prize included some shopping therapy in Kildare Village where we were treated to a champagne lunch and guilt free shopping as we were provided with a Kildare Village Mastercard for a bit of shopping therapy. We were able to enjoy a few glasses of champagne with lunch as transfers from/to Kildare were included!

After being back to the hotel, my new Newbridge Silverware cutlery set was delivered to my hotel door. I had visited the rooms before (wedding tour) but this was the first time I stayed over. The rooms (even standard) are HUGE! They are spacious and more than comfortable.

We had a great week end and for that, I wanted to thank you!

This was not my first visit to the Keadeen and it certainly won’t be the last as I am having my wedding reception there next summer and I am really looking forward to that.
I have to say, from the moment we set foot at the Keadeen, we knew it was the venue for us. We felt listened to, understood, valued, …and at ease. The staff could not be more helpful and we are looking forward to work with them in planning our wedding.

Many thanks again and very kind regards.

Od.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
tewkesbury
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

stayed here for a week for punchestown festival as per usual everything was spot on ,the rooms are spotless ,food was excellent, and the staff cant do enough for you ,freindly and efficient , if your over give it a try you wont be dissapointed .many thanks to eliabeth,victoria and collette for putting up with us .looking forward to next year already.
nigel,paul and paul.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
n.ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

Lovely hotel with character, beautiful gardens and grounds. Rooms spacious, bright and airy. I found the bed hard but others with me loved them. Great breakfast and bar food very good. We got a deal which included an evening meal, this too was really good. Great value in price for what you get. Staff polite and helpful especially as I had to change my booking a few times but this was no problem to them. Sports and pool facilities excellent.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Dowra, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

I led a group of 20 Americans to Kildare for the St. Brigit's Festival over 31st January-1st February.

The rooms were comfortable, the staff helpful in giving some of the lesser abled travellers appropriate toilet/bathing facilities. (I personally luxuriated in the disabled bath - first one since I broke my ankle in May 2010!)

A few of the group were pleased to see there was a pool and gym facilities and availed themselves of those.

But I have to say that the food was a revelation! I usually go for the vegetarian option - thin on the ground sometimes when travelling in Ireland - but the chef was truly imaginative with that main course. The other options were given a firm 5 star rating.

All in all - the favourite accommodation on the tour for both bed and board.

• Stayed February 2011
Omagh N Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

Had a two night break in this hotel recently with friends who were there for the first time.
As usual the desk staff were friendly, helpful and efficient. Dining room staff were also excellent and it has to be said the dining in this hotel (both breakfast and dinner) is surperb.
Our rooms were large and spacious with a bed to die for.
We will all definately be back.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2011

We held a 3-day launch for the new Peugeot 508 at the Keadeen Hotel in February for our Dealer Network. We were overwhelmed with the friendliness and professionalism of every staff member at the Keadeen throughout our stay. Service was impeccable. The atmosphere was relaxed even though behind the scenes every staff member was flat out busy. The food was superb, particularly at the dinner for 60 on the Monday night. The Ballroom was the perfect location for the 3-day event and looked amazing when dressed. I can't thank the hotel enough for making this such a great event.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
perth australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2011

we had a great wedding at keadeen hotel dec 2010 staff were so friendly and well organised. the food was all prepared perfect, ver y hot and served quickly. couldnt say more about them they made us have such a great wedding

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Keadeen10, Manager at The Keadeen Hotel, responded to this review, January 12, 2011
Dear Seansmammy

Many thanks for your recent review.

We are delighted you enjoyed your wedding day with us and I will ensure your kind comments are passed on to our team.

Wishing you the very best for the future and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Keadeen Hotel.

kind regards

Joe O' Gorman

Been to The Keadeen Hotel? Share your experiences!