“Beautiful views while you eat” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Castlebar
“Beautiful views while you eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I loved the big glass windows extending down to ground level so that you had fantastic views while you dined either in daylight or late in the evening.The food was very good although service was a bit slow on the previous evening.Food presentati0n was excellent and staff very professional.There was a great variety of food for breakfast and wasl very well presented.

Visited January 2013
Paul J, Food & Beverage Manager at Linden Tree Restaurant, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear Cara,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review of The Linden Tree Restaurant here in Carton House.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to us and I will pass on your feedback to the team here. I am sorry that you found the service to be a little slow on the second evening but I do hope the quality of the food when it arrived to the table was of a high stanard.

Dunboyne, Ireland
“Special Occasion Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Book a table in the large windows on a summers evening, and enjoy the show from the chefs changing menus. Arrive hungry and throw away any plans to rush off anywhere. This is food to enjoy.

Visited February 2013
Dear Mebo40,

Clane, Ireland
“dinner as part of packeage”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

stayed as part of package. food average only for the price, with strange combinations of food, chocolate icecream with pear and almond tart? (which was alittle over done). My sea bass fillet was teeny and I had the ends of 2 carrots as decoration with squash smeared across the plate.

Visited January 2013
Paul J, Food & Beverage Manager at Linden Tree Restaurant, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Ellen200111,

It is disappointing that you didn't enjoy the experience and that you felt some of the food combinations didn't marry well together. We challenge our culinary team to come up with dishes where all of the produce used are in season, also we try to be inventive in the execution of the dish. It is a pity that you didn't enjoy it on this occasion.

We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back very soon and if I can ever be of any assistance to you please feel free to contact me.

Kildare
“Lovely Christmas Day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I and my family dined at the Linden Tree Restaurant on Christmas Day this year. We've found in the past that Christmas Day Lunch can be very hit and miss with some excellent experiences and some really awful trials! Firstly, on arrival we were greeted in the hotel lobby with a glass of bubbly or a juice. The fire was lighting, and the decor was beautiful; all purples and silvers with a huge Christmas tree in the corner. When we made our way to the restaurant we found a very appealing table setting with lime green table runner and plenty of gold Christmas crackers. We were provided with a good selection of tasty bread; walnut, tomato, rustic brown and sourdough. The selection of starters was good with the salmon selection being the clear winner. Other options included a celeriac soup, and smoked duck salad. I would have preferred to have the soup as the second course rather than as one of the starters given the day that was in it, but that's only a small issue. For the main course the choice included traditional turkey and ham and a pheasant dish among others. Those in the party who ordered the turkey & ham were very pleased with the flavourful dish, commenting that the turkey was moist and the stuffing really tasty. I and others had the pheasant which was very tasty if a little overdone. The Pheasant was accompanied by a sweet potato mash and a vey small number of vegetables. The whole meal would have been enhanced by a few dishes of additional vegetables & potatoes on the table. Dessert of the famous Carton House Christmas Pudding was very good although the portions were far too large!
The service was attentive and despite the restaurant being packed to the rafters, the food served was of a high standard. I will definitely return next Christmas, but I would suggest the Linden Tree adds a soup/sorbet course, and provides additional side dishes for the table. Overall I'd recommend it!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Paul J, Food & Beverage Manager at Linden Tree Restaurant, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear TMKc,

I am delighted you and your family enjoyed the Christmas Day experience in Carton. I will most certainly pass on your feedback to the team here. We are currently reviewing our offering for 2013 following our feedback from Christmas and we will take your feedback into account regarding adding another course for soup/sorbet.

We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back next Christmas or maybe even during the year! If you ever need assistance please do not hesitate to get in touch with me.

Enniskillen, United Kingdom
“Top Class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Superb Food. Very good service.Dinner was especially good, I enjoyed a perfectly cooked steak, delicious.

Dear Eamon C,