“Diving with the Brazen Hussy” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Dublin, Ireland
4 attraction reviews
“Diving with the Brazen Hussy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

Kish Sub Aqua Club have just completed their 4th charter with Shane and the Brazen Hussy this May Bank holiday weekend. This boat has to be the best boat to use as a diving platform in Ireland. The Boat, the facilities and equipment are brilliant. Yet again we had spectacular diving on Saturday with Buachail rock on the North side of Inishark in the morning with Lunch at Murrays Hotel on Inisboffin followed by an afternoon dive on the west side of High island. Sunday we dived twice on the north side of Inisturk with a morning dive on Dromore head followed by a an 80m long cave dive at Bané. Yet again Shane and crew gave us the 5 star treatment. Great craic, great diving and we will be back. Thank you again.
Kish SAC

Visited May 2012
Shane B, Owner at The Brazen Hussy Charter Boat, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Thank you Kish Divers one and all! I'm so pleased you enjoyed your weekend and very flattered by your comments, it is a continuing pleasure for me to have people such as yourselves out on the Brazen Hussy.

• Polish first
Witchampton
“An outstanding trip which included all that one could expect from the west coast of Ireland.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

Having experienced the west coat of Ireland in the Summer of 2010 on Brazen Hussy we had to do another trip in 2011 and Shane Bisgood once again fulfilled all of our expectations and more. We experienced for the second time all that the coast promised: extraordinary wildlife; breeding colonies of puffins, seals, dolphins, kittiwakes, the full range of gulls, gannets and the list goes on; fabulous fishing; mackerel, pollock, eels, red gurnard; great swimming and snorkeling off white beaches or around plunging rock pools; terrific scenery ranging from sweeping beaches to soaring cliffs; fascinating local history from Cromwellian castles on the large scale to the derelict houses on Inish Shark from a local perspective; good food from the famous Lobster Pot on Inish Bofin (it's Seafood Chowder is the best in all Ireland - we think so anyway) and quite simply a lot of fun. Shane knows the locals as well as the local coast line and he offers a unique insight that the ordinary tourist can only dream of. A little bit of Irish luck with the weather always helps but ironically off shore the weather alweays seems to be better. I could not recommend this day trip highly enough - it is a must.

Visited July 2011
Shane B, Owner at The Brazen Hussy Charter Boat, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Heavens above! Thank you so much for those words. I remember the day so well and the idea of you all swimming in the waters where once was a viking fort and mooring is so special. The rafts of Shearwaters and the Puffin colony were very special as always and just for your information the Puffins are already filling the cliffs and their burrows. See you soon I hope.
Dublin, Ireland
“Professional, Courteous and Knowledgeable not to mention Great Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

As best man for my brother's wedding I was put in charge of organising his stag. I was keen to organise an event that was

I emailed nearly every charter boat on the west coast and the skipper, Shane Bisgood, was the first ( of only 2 ) that replied. He was able to put me in touch with a 3rd party who was able to organise an entire package of activities and accommodation, which exceeded our expectations in every way.

The Brazen Hussy is a custom built and a pleasure to be aboard. With at least 3 different steering positions it allows Shane to position her with incredible skill and give everyone a chance to listen to his knowledgeable, informed and entertaining banter.

We were principally interested in fishing with some sightseeing. His enthusiasm for customer service ensure that we caught 200+ fish, saw puffins ( off season ), got a beautiful lunch in Inisbofin ( and a cheeky pint ) and were regaled and entertained with a fascinating insight into the way of life in Connemara.

As someone who works in the tourist and hospitality sector I can say without a doubt that Shane is the standard by which I will judge all future tours that I undertake.

He is a credit to the industry and a source of inspiration.

Visited April 2012
Letterfrack
3 attraction reviews
“Great Boat & Captain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

I've had the pleasure of heading out with Shane on the Brazen Hussy a couple of times.
The first was with some friends for a days touring, fishing & swimming.
It was a brilliant day, the boat is state of the art & very powerful (Be sure and ask the obliging Captain to give her full power at some stage!) so it allows you to get to the spectacular outer islands and good fishing spots in no time, with the added bonus after a days fun of bringing your Dinner home with you!
The second occasion was as a charter for my Brother's stag night which involved more stopping off for pints than fishing and touring but it was great craic nonetheless, particularly seeing Shane & the boat handle the big seas we got on the 2nd day while some of the party didn't handle them so well!

All in all I can't think of a better day trip while in Connemara whether you're a serious diver, fisherman or just want to drop a line in between touring the islands and stopping off for lunch in bofin.

Visited November 2011
Shane B, Owner at The Brazen Hussy Charter Boat, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Thank you so much for those words, to all of us in the service and tourist industry, personal recommendation is without a doubt the most effective way of encouraging people to try the product one offers. To receive those words helps my business but also is a huge motivation for me knowing that I'm succeeding in what I do.....entertaining my valued clients.
Galway,Ireland
“An unforgettable day at sea off the Connemara Coast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

A mixed group of 10 friends, family and couples chartered the boat last summer for a day of touring and a bit of fishing, ranging in age from early 20's to 60's. We brought our own picnic foods and beverages, which was quite a lot, considering there were a dozen of us but there was plenty of room on board both inside the wheelhouse and out on deck. Shane the skipper planned our day with us beforehand, and what we would like to do and see, and we decided on a scenic trip to Inishbofin and around Inishark, with some fishing in the afternoon.
The boat is powerful, fast and comfortable and there is plenty of seating (indoors and outdoors) and a flying bridge deck upstairs also which proved very popular for sightseeing. The high cliffs of Inishark were spectacular and we saw some great bird life and seals. We lunched on Inishbofin, which was idyllic, as the weather had improved by the afternoon. The afternoon saw some serious fishing-the rods were included in the charter price and there was a lot of patience required by Shane and some of the other men on board at times! However, my female friends particularly enjoyed the fishing (all first timers) and everybody went home with a mixture of fresh mackerel and pollock that they had caught themselves. Apparently, the underwater technology on The Brazen Hussy means you don't usually have to wait too long to catch some fish.
A couple of swimmers also indulged and everybody in the group is already planning our trip for 2012. I would highly recommend a trip on the Brazen Hussy, particularly for staff parties, work outings, stag or hen party events, basically anything involving a group looking for a fun day out. It really is the perfect way to enjoy Connemara.

Visited July 2011
Shane B, Owner at The Brazen Hussy Charter Boat, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
Thank you CatP for your more than kind words. I loved having all of you on board but I don't think you are doing the girls justice. I seem to remember at least two of you who were catching many more fish than the boys! As for this year I think I should take you up to the Puffin Colony as I know the birds are back in for their breeding season and it is quite the most spectacular sight.