“great food” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Swords
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

the staff here are great, very friendly and welcoming
food is excellent and good value
try the fresh sandwich bar
also their courtyard restaurant is fantastic
menus are varied and their breakfast is second to none

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Recently used the carvery. Good choice with plenty to eat at very competitive prices. I had the roast beef - absolutely first class! And they cater for groups too.

Have also tried their "early bird" in the main restaurant. Again, they offer a quality "a la carte" menu at reasonable prices. Definitely worth a visit. We'll be back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I am working near to Dublin airport so needed a hotel that I could stay in for a couple of months. The airport hotels are just too faceless for a long stay for me.

This hotel was recommended by people from my office, so I booked for a week to give it a go. I have now lived here for about a month and have brought my other team members over to stay as well.

Reception staff are very friendly and efficient - they make me feel like I am a returning friend when I arrive late on a Sunday night.

The rooms are big, spacious and whilst not decorated in a modern style, they are clean and functional.

The aircon has also proved to be of good quality, warming the room quickly and quietly.

The beds are very comfortable and I usually don't want to leave them in the morning!

In the evenings, I head down to the Harp bar which is part of the hotel but also a pub used by the local people and this I really like - its far more friendly than most hotel bars.

Oh they serve just the best Guinness!

I tend to eat at the bar where there is a good choice of options and the quality is very good. I have also eaten in the restaurant and found the food and service to be excellent.

Breakfast is cooked for you with a good choice from the menu, suplimented by a fair buffet selection.

There is a nightclub and I note that some visitors have had trouble with the noise, but I can't comment as it has not effected me - suspect it is a weekend problem and maybe on which room you are allocated.

I have found the hotel to be quiet and although it has regularly been fairly full, it does not feel like it - nice.

Why do I continue to stay here - Good rooms, in Swords town which has a good choice of pubs and restaurants, Excellent Guinness and above all fantastic staff.

I will miss this hotel when my project is over.

Room Tip: If you are affected by noise ask for a room away from the nightclub.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

My wife and I stayed in this hotel on a Friday night prior to leaving Ireland and had one of our all time worst hotel stays in our life. At 11:00 PM music started shaking the walls and did not stop until 3:00 AM. I first called down to the receptionist and they said they would "look into it." After about ten minutes of absolutely no improvement I made a stop down at the reception and received the message: "It's Friday night and we are hosting an event." Basically that I was foolish enough to rent a room in this dump. This hotel has a three star rating, but giving it more than one should be a crime. Do whatever you can not to stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel. Sleeping in the dumpster behind a crummy restaurant would be a huge impr...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Debrecen, Hungary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I had a short experience two weeks ago. The room was comfortable, big, top clean.
When I requested an adaptor for my phone, the sir at the reception could not help at the evening, but the lady in the morning did! Breakfast was average.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I had a most enjoyable experience at this eating venue. The last sitting on a Saturday night was for 7pm which was fine. Food was faultless, Staff were friendly and efficient and all in all cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Drogheda, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Lunch menu very broad and not enough taught put into taste or quality. self service and seating poor.over priced for portions and food quality.Hotel clean and staff friendly.Parking restricted and very limited

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Carnegie Court Hotel? Share your experiences!