“Amazing staff and so handy for the airport!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Premier Inn Dublin Airport

Save Saved
You added Premier Inn Dublin Airport to your Saves list
Premier Inn Dublin Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Airside Retail Park, Swords 1000, Ireland (Formerly Tulip Inn Dublin Airport)   |
Ranked #1 of 7 hotels in Swords
New York City, New York
“Amazing staff and so handy for the airport!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2009

I stayed in the Premier Inn twice while I was in Dublin last December. My Father and I stayed in it for 3 nights in early december and for 1 night after Christmas.

The hotel is a modern and beautiful building with a beautiful lobby. The rooms had very nice beds and you really are "guaranteed a good night". The guest rooms were very clean and modern looking.

The biggest plus about this hotel is the staff. The staff were so helpful and friendly. They gave us directions many times and were always nice enough to warmly welcome us everytime we walked into the lobby.

The hotel is in a perfect location for a early morning flight out of Dublin airport. The hotel offers regular shuttles to the terminal.
I have stayed twice and I would again.

• Stayed December 2008

1,209 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Greeley, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2009

We stayed at this hotel the last night of our trip to Ireland. This hotel worked out perfectly for us to turn in our rental car the night before our departure. The hotel was very helpful in providing a shuttle to and from the airport to pick us up after returning the rental and to take us to the airport fpr departure. The room was spotless and very comfortable.

Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2009

Loved this hotel! Friendly staff and good service. Was there on a 24 hour lay-over from the states to Rome. Shuttle was waiting for us at the carpark of Dublin Airport, literally 5 min ride to hotel. Room was ready at 8am in morning which was a dream after flying all night. Walked up to the gas station, got Euros (bus only takes exact change and 2.20 Adults and 1 for kids). The bus ride was about 20 or so mins, but nice views of Ireland. Loved Dublin and the temple Bar District, great dinner. The hotel shuttle took us back to the airport at 5am for early flight next morning. Would definetely stay again for one night, but somewhere closer to the city if visiting Dublin.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Rotherham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

This was our second stay at the Premier Inn. We found it handy the first time round when we hired a car as its only 5 mins from the car hire centres and the Airport itself and only minutes from the motorway network , the Premier also has its own carpark which is free if your staying there and barrier controlled .
This stay we met up with family and did not need a car so we used their Premier bus that runs every half hour which is caught just the other side of the airport bus station where all the other hotel buses also pull up . The staff in the hotel make you feel at home and will help you with any queries you may have and the rooms are of a very good standard and clean as are the bathrooms as well. The bathrooms do not have baths but very large seperate shower rooms built into the bathroom which also has a stylish "trough" style sinks as well.
The bar area and lounges are relaxing places they also have to internet Pc's should you need one .The restaraunt is large and does some decent basic meals or you can stay in the bar if you want a lighter bar meal ,all of these can be made to for you take to your room should you wish to do so . The morning breakfast is a hot /cold self service buffet all you can eat should you decide to buy it , if you have kids very handy as they eat for free . Should you fancy a chinese meal thats just next door to the Premier Inn .
Although its built on Airside retail park it is suprisingly quiet . Most of the rooms overlook things like Carpet Right or facing the other way your own Car Park and if your really lucky a room that over looks Dublin bay in the distance . We have used it twice now and it will not be the last either .

Real Northern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2009

A newly completed hotel with very good facilities. The staff was very helpful and attentive. Our room well sized with good appointments. We were there for only one night in anticipation of our flight back to the States and it served that purpose extremely well with a twice hourly shuttle.

The location isn't great if one wants to head into town and doesn't have a car. The bus stop is a 10 minute walk and I takes about 30 minutes to get to O'Connell Street. The ride back in the evening was almost an hour.

New Jersey, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2009

This hotel worked well for us. We had a late flight in from Munich and an early flight out to JFK, with one day in between to see Dublin.... The hotel airport shuttle was free, efficient and friendly. To find it at the airport, exit the building at the arrival gate, cross the street, go through the parking garage, look for lot 2. There are signs for hotel airport shuttle services. It's about a 5-7 minute ride...To get into Dublin from the hotel using public transportation, make a left as you exit the hotel, walk a block to the traffic light, make a left, walk down the street to the yellow/green bus sign. Buses # 33, 41,41 C and Swords Express (faster) all go to O'Connell Street. The cost is 2.20 Euro for the #33,41 and 41C and 3 Euro for the Swords Express. You must have exact change and it must be in coins. The cost was half price for children. It took about 30-35 minutes without traffic. ...Getting back to the hotel, the #41 and 41C leave from Abbey St. ( A few blocks away from where we were left off. The street is perpendicular to O'Connell and has the trolley tracks.) Around 5 PM, we hit rush hour traffic and the trip took about an hour. We told the driver that we wanted to get off at the Premier Inn, and he announced the stop on the PA. The bus was easy to navigate: although, it would be helpful if the hotel had pre-printed directions...The room itself accommodated 2 adults and 2 children - something that is not easy to find in Europe. However, one "bed" was a mattress on the floor. But for the cost, it was a deal...Breakfast is free for children under 16 with a paying adult. Because of this, we took advantage of it one day. It was just adequate. Without the kids for free deal, I don't think it's worth the price....We had to pay for internet 3Euro for 30 min. The lobby had 2 computers. For our flight home on Aer Lingus, we checked -in online, but were unable to print boarding passes. This appeared to be a common problem with the hotel's computers/printers. None the less, it really didn't matter. We just presented our passports at the airport....Overall, we were happy with the hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2009

We stayed in this hotel May 2008 because we had an early flight to Ibiza, thought it was a fab hotel, would stay for pleasure if there was a swimming pool, but as it is an Airport hotel you are not really going to get that, room was huge and spotless and very very comfortable, loved it.
Now yesterday I flew home from Ibiza again but this time to Gatwick to pick up our 10month old baby from the inlaws as we didn't bring him with us, before we flew back to Dublin, as it was a last minute decision on my part not to stay on longer in London I didn't get the same flight as my husband, he was flying with Aer lingus 20 mins before my Ryanair flight, he had all the bags, money, credit cards etc, I took the baby, but low and behold I landed hours before him, no sign of him, he text me saying he was still on the runway!!! I had a knackered baby and after my flight from Ibiza early that morning i was exhausted myself and the thought of driving home from the airport so tired frightened me, he said that is was running about 2 and half hours late and the thought of waiting in the airport with the baby for that long was too much. so i rang my sister who booked the premier inn online for me, I walked out of the airport and got the shuttle bus straight there, I had no money or cards on me as they were on the plane with my husband but I think they took pity on me, I was able to go straight up to the room and within 5 minutes they brought in a cot for the baby, changing mat , towels and nappy sacks for the baby and if there was anything else i needed i just had to ask!!! considering the room was only booked about 15 minutes before i arrived I thought they were fantastic, it was such a relief to put the baby asleep in a cot, sit down and watch tv instead of standing around for hours at the airport. They saved me!!! all for 69 euro a room. The food is great too, because of baby we got two 9 inch pizzas boxed up for the room at 16 euro each, but beggars cant be choosers, they even gave us toothpaste as we left all our half emptys in Ibiza thinking we were going straight home. My sister and parents have stayed in other hotels near the airport and said they are a little rundown, well not this one, hard to believe you are in a budget hotel!!!

Thanks again Premier Inn for all your help

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Premier Inn Dublin Airport? Share your experiences!