“Perfect in almost every way” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Premier Inn Dublin Airport

You added Premier Inn Dublin Airport to your Saves list
Premier Inn Dublin Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Airside Retail Park, Swords 1000, Ireland (Formerly Tulip Inn Dublin Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Rooms from £62
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Swords
Murphys, California
“Perfect in almost every way”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I recently spent the night here, pre-flight, and found the hotel to be perfect in almost every way. Check in was a bit slow and seemed somewhat unorganized, but I got lucky and was able to get the key to my room within five minutes of arrival.

The room was outstanding – spacious, with excellent lighting, firm mattress and soft, warm bedding, fast wifi, and plenty of hot water for a nice, long shower. It did not, however, have an alarm clock or wake-up service, so I had to rely on other means to ensure that I woke up at 2:00 a.m. to catch my flight.

I ate dinner in the café and while my chicken Caesar salad was outstanding - one of the most flavorful salads that I have ever eaten – the service was terribly slow. It took at least 15 minutes to get my bill and another ten to fifteen minutes before someone came to take my payment. It might have just been me, but I found this to be terribly annoying.

The hotel’s proximity to the airport could not have been better; I caught the hotel’s shuttle to the airport, which cost €1 and which arrived at the airport within five minutes. Very smooth, effortless, and easy. I wouldn’t hesitate to stay here again on a return trip to Ireland & highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Premierinndublin, Manager at Premier Inn Dublin Airport, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. It is very important for us to receive constructive feedback so that we can continue to improve so thank you for your comments and assure you the minor mishaps noted will be investigated and improved upon.

I was delighted to read that overall you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you or friends who you recommend us to in the future.

Ciara Fitzgerald
Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
Belfast, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel in April, overnight prior to an early flight with our kids..... all went well & I submitted a very favourable review. On the strength of this stay we booked a night recently, again overnight prior to an early morning flight...... BIG MISTAKE.
Checked in, friendly receptionist, reserved a table for dinner. Room was room 101 on first floor. On way to room we saw a few girls running from room to room with glasses of booze etc but didn't worry about it. Whilst having a coffee in reception we then noticed a large stag party arriving, all going up in the lift to first floor. We then started to get a bit worried. A while later overheard a young girl asking for the first floor as all her mates were partying on it and she had been allocated a different floor. We had our dinner, then headed to our room.

As we walked to our room the corridor was full of girls & fellas, all drinking and a group gathered in the room directly opposite ours. It was very noisy. Decided to go & ask for a different room knowing that the noise levels were going to prevent us from getting ny sleep. Receptionist this time was not pleasant & just told my wife that the hotel was full & to complain to reception if the noise got unbearable later on. We had to grin & bear it & hope for the best.

My wife met a security guy, who was standing close to our room & told him about our early flight & concerns about no sleep etc, he told her its not the guys you need to worry about as they usually come back to the hotel about 3/4 am pissed & just collapse, he added its the girls that make all the noise. Again, he advised her to ring reception.

With no other options available we went to bed & fell asleep. At 3am we were awoken with a fight right outside our bedroom door, in fact the fight was also against our door & it seemed like they were about to get into our room. The noise & shouting between both men & women was unbelievable. My wife rang reception immediately, as instructed, who Said they would send someone up. Fighting continued & we had no choice other than to just get up earlier than planned, pack up & leave the room. We preferred to sit at the airport for a few hours than be prisoners in that bedroom while they fought right outside it. It was a terrifying experience for my wife. When we left the room the corridor was full of the drunk guys, who had been fighting, and we had to walk through this crowd to get to the lift. Very very unpleasant. There was one security guy also there at that time.

We checked out & informed the male receptionist of the fact that we had little or no sleep. As we waited for the shuttle, there were still some drunks in reception area, milling around young families etc. We couldn't get out of the hotel fast enough and will NEVER stay here again. Unfortunately this Premier Inn puts drunken stag parties & hen do's above their travelling guests who require a good nights sleep. It was a disgusting & a terrifying experience for my wife & we wouldn't wish that on anybody.

With this hotel, you definitely get what you pay for. We will in future pay the extra & stay at The Radisson in future. On return from our holiday I emailed Premier Inn about my complaint & their "Guarantee of a good nights sleep " I also informed them I would be placing a review on Tripadvisor to warn other guests. I have received no reply to date.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Premierinndublin, General Manager at Premier Inn Dublin Airport, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Mr Rodgers

Firstly on behalf of myself and the team here at Premier Inn Dublin airport, I wish to sincerely apologise for the upset experienced during your recent stay with us and ask that you contact me directly on helen.devlin@whitbread.com to discuss the matter further.

As is the case with any hotel, most of our bookings are done online so we do not know in advance the reason for our guests stay. As I am sure you can appreciate we are at the mercy of all guests to respect the fact that others are sleeping and have put many measures in place in an effort to ensure this happens.

Once again I offer my sincerest apologies and hope that you will contact me,

Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Like all Premier Inns - the rooms are comfortable and quiet (with the Premier Inn guaranteed night's sleep). Dinner and breakfast are very good. The coach service to the airport is €1 each way and takes 20 minutes. Parking is free. They do have a cumbersome system for check-in that takes a little while on arrival which is hard to understand in this era of prepayment and online bookings but staff are friendly which kind of makes up for it.
For a no-nonsense Dublin airport hotel - this hotel is the best value.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us and I was delighted that we continue to deliver our promise of Great value in a clean and well maintained environment with service delivered by a team who really do care.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Kilkenny, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

first time to stay accomadation excellent car park very good
transport to airport excellent value car safe
receptions very helpful dining room staff very good bar staff very good bus driver very helpfull

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

Premierinndublin, General Manager at Premier Inn Dublin Airport, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Guest

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

taking a early flight from Dublin and being a three hour drive away I decided to spend the night at airport.the premier inn was perfect.only a short distance from airport shuttle bus which cost 1 euro each way and leaves quite frequent both coming and going.on arriving lobby very welcoming.the two women at desk very helpful and nice.i arrived around 815p . the room spacious and clean.the only room they had was an ez access but it was fine and I am not sure but the bathroom was very large.i didn't eat there but there I a restaurant and bar.also they had a hotwater kettle for tea or coffee which was supplied,so that was nice after my thre hour journey.would definetly recommend it.one other mention the bus driver at night was so nice I had almost missed the bus to the hotel which meant I would have had to wait another 30min but I saw him pulling away I flagged him down and he stopped and even helped me with my bag.thank you I had a great experience all around with the premier.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest

It was a pleasure to read your review confirming that we continue to deliver on our promise of great value in a clean and well maintained environment with service delivered by a team who really do care.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you again for another great stay.

Navan, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Stayed at this hotel the night before an early morning flight from Dublin Airport. The hotel is very well situated, only about five minutes from the airport. We found the shuttle service to be first class and very much on time. The bus has set pick up times and does not hang about after the scheduled departure times. Arrive three minutes late and you will miss it. The hotel is new and fresh and check in was fine. We found the staff to be very friendly and efficient. The food in the restaurant was good but fairly basic . The bed was big and comfortable and the room quiet and nicely furnished.We now know where to stay for our next early morning flight from Dublin Airport.

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us which we were delighted to read you enjoyed.

It is an honour to know that you will look to stay with us again and we look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We had a good stay one night to catch an early flight. Large room, comfortable bed, very clean. It was close and easy to get to the airport. They also have good deals if you are reserving far in advance.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Premierinndublin, Manager at Premier Inn Dublin Airport, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Guest

We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Ciara Fitzgerald
Operations Manager

Been to Premier Inn Dublin Airport? Share your experiences!