“Average Hotel with Below Average Staff at desk” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Premier Inn Dublin Airport

You added Premier Inn Dublin Airport to your Saves list
Premier Inn Dublin Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Airside Retail Park, Swords 1000, Ireland (Formerly Tulip Inn Dublin Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Rooms from £62
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Swords
Dublin, Ireland
“Average Hotel with Below Average Staff at desk”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Checked in with my wife in December for 1 night. This hotel is advertised as an airport hotel and to be fair its actually quiet close. 5-10 minutes drive and you'll be there but forget it if you intend to walk. There is a couple of things though that you need to know before you book.
A mere 2 minutes walk from this hotel is the Wright Venue night club and its massive. The reason I'm telling you this is that while this hotel is an Airport hotel, it seems to be frequented by a very large percentage of night club revelers. This isn’t a problem unless you don’t like noise in your hotel at night and have a early flight. If either is the case the I would seriously consider staying elsewhere as you will most like get a rude awaking during the night at some stage,
During my stay my wife fell ill. I called down to reception for assistance and they came across as clueless as to what options were available. It took me to practically spoon feed then what I needed and the numbers to call. I got the distinct impression that they didn’t want to be involved. As things progressed the plan changed and I notified the front desk again, I was met with a big sigh and clearly had no idea how to handle the situation. Again I spoon fed exactly what I needed and again not overly enthusiastic the eventually helped. To be honest the staff were useless in this situation and merely added to my problems. They displayed a distinct lack of interest and willingness to help that if it wasn’t for the circumstances there was going to be a heated discussion with them.
Back to the hotel. It is close to the airport, the rooms are clean and airy with a nice decor that I originally was pleasantly surprise with. But the staff killed it for me, this combined with the nightclub next door I can recommend this hotel to you....unless you're staying there after the nightclub then go for it.

Room Tip: For the airport DON'T Stay here, its too close to the night club.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Premierinndublin, General Manager at Premier Inn Dublin Airport, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Guest

I was disappointed to read your review and sincerely apologise that you did not enjoy your stay with us.

Our hotel is situated close to The Wright Venue and as a result we have put many measures in place to reduce noise levels during the nights this is open which is Friday and Saturday. We have additional security on the door and allocate rooms according to the needs of our guests however I do apologise if your sleep was disturbed.

With regards to the matter of your wife been ill, I will immediately address the situation with my Night Team to ascertain what happened and why the level of customer service delivered was not to the standards that we deliver each day.

I would be most grateful if you could contact me directly either via telephone on 01-8957777 or by email on helen.devlin@whitbread.com to enable me to discuss this matter further.

Once again, please accept my sincerest apologises and rest assured this matter will be dealt with.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Helen Devlin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

The hotel has easy access into swords, Dublin and to the airport via shuttle/bus. Stayed here when completing a training course and the staff are brilliant, can't do enough for you and always welcoming you with a big smile. Rooms, like all Premier Inns are everything you need, nice big comfy beds and all the necessary facilities you would expect. I think you can always rely on a Premier inn to be looked after and to have a decent stay.

The restaurant is also reasonable to get a bite to eat whether it be breakfast lunch or dinner and there is also a nice little bar :)

Can't go wrong

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for writing such as great review and I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us while attending a training course.

We do look forward to welcoming you once again for another great stay.

Omagh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

This is my second stay at this hotel since nov 12 , I long with my husband and children like staying here as it is close to amenities such as shops and restaurants and swords village is not far. Dublin airport is a couple of km away and so is Dublin city centre. I would highly recommend this hotel. The breakfast is first class and the fact that children under 16 eat free is an added bonus.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

I was delighted to read that we continue to deliver on our promise of great value in a clean and well maintained environment delivered by a team who really do care.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you and your family once again for another great stay.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Once again a pleasent stay. A comfortable warm, clean room with helpful friendly staff. Very enjoyable stay. Perfect location for Dublin Airport and not too far from Central Dublin and all the tourist attractions. First class breakfast.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following another great stay with us at Premier Inn Dublin Airport.

We look forward to welcoming you for many more in the future.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stayed ther for 3 nights on 15 to 18th February. Found this Hotel amazing, spacious comfortable room, spotless clean, and friendly staff. Breakfast was fantastic value. Highly recommend this Hotel it has been the best I have stayed in in this area. sorry I never stayed here on my previous trips. *****

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

I was delighted to read as the team were that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent stay with us and have become one of our loyal customers.

We look forward to welcoming you for many more great stays.

northern ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

we have stayed at Premier Inn hotels and have always found them to be first class. the car parking at the airport hotels are fantastic as is getting the shuttle from the hotel to the airport. staying at the hotel the night before we fly to the USA is so relaxed and stress free. that we now do that everytime we fly to the USA, we stayed at the hotel overnight with breakfast for 2 and 18 days car parking for just over £100 Fantastic.

Room Tip: we have stayed at the Premier Inn hotel at Dublin Airport on two occasions now and have found both o...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Premierinndublin, General Manager at Premier Inn Dublin Airport, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Guest

I was delighted to read that we were able to enhance your holiday by delivering a great stay at Premier Inn Dublin Airport.

I am thrilled that you have become a loyal guest and we look forward to welcoming you for many more visits.

Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Large bed room, with a very comfortable bed.
Bed room and bathroom were very clean, as you would expect.

Very helpful staff at front desk, and restaurant area.

Large car park, covered by CCTV, and was well lit.

First class Irish breakfast, which was Buffett type.

No trouble recommending this hotel to anyone.

Last but not least, very reasonably priced.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Premierinndublin, General Manager at Premier Inn Dublin Airport, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Guest

I was delighted to read that you experienced our Promise of great value in a clean and well maintained environment and service delivered by a team who really do care during your recent visit with us.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you once again for another great visit.

Helen Devlin

Been to Premier Inn Dublin Airport? Share your experiences!