“Great Food/Booze/People” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 40 Restaurants in Swords
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse, European, Family Fare, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Great place to relax on your lunch break or for a nice evening out with friends or family. Right beside Dublin airport.
Reston, Virginia
“Great Food/Booze/People”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Stayed at the Radisson Blu for work and while the hotel bar/restaraunt was decent, it was extremely easy to walk to Kealy's for dinner and a pint. They have a great selection of beer and whiskey with a good mix of traditional and non-traditional irish food. Key points are as follows.
1. Beamish on draft.
2. Steak Sandwich/Fish 'n chips are great.
3. Staff is super helpful and friendly.
4. They seemed to always be somewhat busy, but never packed.

So I'm sitting at the bar at Kealy's and this girl walks in and starts talking to the young lady tending bar. One girl mentions to the other something they were wearing looks "massive". I didn't want to be rude but I couldn't un-hear the comment and needed clarification, I interrupted them and said "what did you just say to her?", after she repeated herself they could tell I was a little confused and put-off by the comment. They went on to explain that "massive" is used as a compliment in that context. Needless to say, MY MIND = BLOWN.
Now I'm back in the states and eager to show how worldly I am, so whenever I meet a female, I'm sure to casually work my newly learned compliment into conversation. I.E. "that dress makes you look simply massive". My results have been less than positive.

“Below average”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Perhaps I went on a "off" day, I ordered the garlic bread, which was fine, and the madras which was awful, it wasn't anything even close to a madras, it tasted like powered curry sauce. On the whole the portions were big, again this would be good if the food was in anyway nice! My family ordered turkey and ham and veg, they liked it but I thought it was all below average, over cooked and way too much salt and butter.
I would not return even though it's only ten minutes from where I live, which is a shame because the location is very handy and it has lots of parking.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Alison K, Manager at Kealys of Cloghran, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are disappointed that you did not enjoy your visit to Kealy's, and in particular that our food was not to your liking. We have taken your feedback on board and will address your issues raised. I do hope that maybe you will visit us again and have a more positive experience.
“Super Super Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

I was in here today with my family. We had a party of ten. The staff are excellent. A girl called Ann served us and she is brilliant. I had the three course special which is €21.95. The food is really good and they are very generous with the portions. I had the chicken wings for starters (Which are amazing by the way with Blue Cheese) and a Sirloin steak with Chips and pepper sauce. For dessert I had Meringue with fruit and cream which is my favourite! Overall I was really pleased with the excellent service and will definitely be going back. Now I know why my family go here on a regular basis!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Thanks for your review. We really appreciate your feedback and look forward to looking after you and your family again very soon.
“Great place for families with super food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Thank you so so much to Elaine who was super helpful, understanding and so pleasant to deal with and the chef at Kealys for looking after my family and myself so well today. You guys helped me out with great tasting food on my restrictive diet. Would 100% recommend to all we will all be back in the near future :)

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Thanks for your lovely review. We are delighted that our staff looked after you so well. We have passed your positive feedback on to them and we look forward to looking after you again very soon.
“Niamh's Confirmation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We had our duaghters confirmation party in the room up stairs at Kealys on 31/5/2014 the staff were friendly& helpful with everything we needed would recomend to anybody having a family gathering or party .

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your kind review. We are delighted that you and the family had a great day celebrating Niamh's Confirmation. We look forward to looking after you all again very soon.