“Fantastic place!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 14 Swords B&B and Inns
Dublin, Ireland
“Fantastic place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

From the moment we checked in until the moment we checked out we were treated phenomenally. Staff were super helpful and attentive, always polite and cheerful. The room was excellent, petite but well equipped, bed very comfortable and the washroom was great. You can't get a better located hotel in Swords. The bar has Irish microbrews on tap and the food is very good! We had a great stay and will be back again for sure!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

32 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Halifax, Nova Scotia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Stayed at 44 Main the night before a wedding and was so delighted with the arrangements there that we returned with friends the following week. As others have noted, the rooms are contemporary, spotlessly clean and well organized with lots of room in the bathrooms. The food was wonderful and the bar patrons friendly and helpful (especially with Guinness drinking lessons!). We were happy to see the bar full and with a local band performing on the Sunday night of our last night in Ireland - also thrilled that the rooms are absolutely sound proof!! Brian, the owner, was a great host!! And a huge plus - 10 minute drive from the airport........

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

loved this hotel staff were great rooms so comfy food lovely very homely hotel no prob staying there there again loved it a big thank you again x

Room Tip: all room good
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Algonquin, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

After being turned away along the shore, we headed back toward Dublin and happened upon Swords and the 44 Hotel. What a gem! The rooms were fashionably modern, the beds were comfy, the bathroom was gorgeous (loved the rainfall shower head), everything shiny and new. The staff was nice and even though it was above the bar, there was a separate entrance on the side once you got a key. The town was nice and the people friendly. Great last night in Ireland!

Room Tip: It was hot when we were there, no really! so we had the window open and the people on the street on...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

After traveling to Ireland for the second time, first staying in Dublin. I would never go back and stay in center city Dublin. The Forty Four was so charming. From the time we checked in we were made to feel welcome. Our room was no quite ready when we got there, so we sat downstairs and they made us feel welcome with nice hot coffee. The room once we got in met all my expectations. It was so clean which is the biggest factor for me. The security is wonderful. No one can enter to get into the hotel section from the bar without the keys that is also true from the outside entrance. If you want to go out for a walk Swords is really quaint and not at all as busy as city center. Everything is right outside the door. We had breakfast there, fresh scones were wonderful. Dinner there was also amazing. Being a vegetarian they even cooked something to my order. If after a long day you just want to unwind at the bad the seating is so comfortable. You can just sit and relax. We ran into some locals who were more than eager to help us with directions. All I can see this was so enjoyable. The management was magnificent. I cannot say enough. If you like shopping, The Pavillions is less than a five minute walk. Highly recommend. I wish I had the names because I would like to thank them for maing our stay wonderful.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
laois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

stayed here over the rugby weekend found that you checked in at bar a bit stange but did not have a problem with it the room was small but clean and well put together a clever use of space the bar downstairs was very busy and no noice travled up to the room . good value what more can you ask for !!!! the hotel has changed its name to Forty Four Main Street for people booking on line !!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2009

I came upon Hawthorn Hotel by accident. After missing my flight flight from Dublin to Philadelphia due to a major traffic accident that clogged the higway to the airport, the Irish Tourist Info desk booked a room for me for the next two nights. I arrived in a rotten mood, dragged my luggage from the taxi through the pouring rain, and stumbled into the pub miserable and wet. I was greeted by a concerned staff member who carried my bags to my room, fetched me a cup of hot tea from the pub, and took care of the usual check-in procedures after I had warmed up a bit. The kindess and caring of the clerk changed what had been a terrible day into a comfortable and enjoyable evening. The room was cozy and the bed extremely comfortable. The bathroom was spotlessly clean and stocked with fluffy towels. The food in the pub was excellent! I would recommend the minute steak with caramelised onions and au gratin potatoes. If I am ever blessed with the opportunity of returning to Ireland, I will definitely stay at this charming inn.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo

Been to The 44? Share your experiences!