“Fantastic atmosphere and food” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Local cuisine, Entertaining clients, Bar scene, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Gaslight Restaurant and B&B sit's on the cliff face overlooking Donegal Bay, The Blue Stack Mountains and the blue flag beach of Rossnowlagh.At The Gaslight we offer superb food and hospitality in true Irish tradition.
belfast
“Fantastic atmosphere and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We discovered this pub while staying nearby. We were able to reserve a table for 8pm even though this is the busiest time. Menu was varied and well priced. The food was delicious and portions generous. We were seated by the window which has great views over the sea. There was a slight mix up with our order but they were most apologetic and insisted on deducting some euros from the final bill. Staff very friendly and we would love to return here if in the area again.

Visited April 2013

Belfast, United Kingdom
“All round excellent !!! Just go try it !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed at the Gaslight last weekend, and it was perfect in every way, we were greeted on arrival by the owners, and on checking in we provided our card details,a previous quest seemed annoyed at this, but we travel extensively throughout europe and the usa for work and leisure - we understand that's it's common practice in the industry.
Our dinner was so tasty, and the service was excellent - and yes there are qualified chiefs as we got to meet one of them after our dinner !!! (one previous report seems rather malicious, )

Salmon and Steak was just perfect, and our little girl loved her homemade chicken strips and chips..all was obviously freshly prepared.
There is a great Donegal atmosphere present.
Our room was clean, comfy and warm - and we really enjoyed our time away from reality !
If there is anything you have forgot to bring the owners go out of their way to help :-)
Highly recommend a trip and dinner at the Gaslight, we will definitely be back again soon!

Enniskillen, United Kingdom
“Just lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Went here on Easter Monday - was busy and we thought we wouldn't be able to get a table but owner advised if we didn't mind only having a main then we could have a table as they had a lot of reservations coming in at 8 - I had the best burger ever in my life and partner had great fillet steak - in all the ambience, level of service and view makes this a great place to have dinner and I am definitely going back again!

Wesport Ireland
“The Gaslight Restaurant & B&B - Never again - give this a miss”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I recently stayed in the Gaslight Restaurant & B&B and ate dinner and breakfast there. Although the setting is absolutely beautiful and our room was good (just lacking tea/coffee facilities and a hairdryer) again its all about the setting, so I can't critizise the room but I can't even begin to describe just how terrible the welcome was by the owners and the food! I was asked to physically show the credit card I had booked with (as if I was not going to pay or something!). Dinner was truly awful, 9 overcooked dried up mussels, greasy tasteless batter on the tasteless fish, overcooked salmon, tasteless bland cheesecake, all topped off by 2 big mugs of coffee that was so strong and bitter that it was undrinkable but still charged for and a large sugar pourer slapped down on the table!! All the food seemed to come out of the freezer and be cooked by the owners, not a chef in sight. Really unbelievable service, attitude and food. I am ashamed to say this kind of food and service is being served up to tourists when they come to stay here. I have learnt a valuable lesson and next time I am in Rossnowlagh I will stick with dining in the Smuggler's Creek next door which has a good reputation and has qualifed experienced chefs, something the Gaslight think they can do without. The Gaslight is only jumping on the tails of the Smuggler's Creek and hoping to get the overflow of visitors that the Smuggler's cannot accommodate. So give the Gaslight a miss if you are in the area, unless you like bad food, bad service but a fab location and scenery. Go next door to the Smuggler's Creek or down the hill across the beach to the Sandhouse Hotel.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Donegal Town, Ireland
“Pizza with a view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We seen online that this place had started making fresh stonebaked pizzas so we decided to go today. We ordered 2 pizzas. A margherita for the kids to share and spicy for my husband and I to share. The were fantastic. We really enjoyed them. My husband also had the mussels to start and really enjoyed them too. The view alone is enough to visit the Gaslight but we will be back again soon for more pizza!

• Visited March 2013