“Bar Food” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Newry, United Kingdom
“Bar Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I thought the food was quite expensive for what was served however the waitstaff was excellent.
I was there to see Trevor Loughrey the entertainer. Although the food is expensive seeing Trevor was worth it.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

the hill
“Night Out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We visited this bar while staying in Dungloe. The entertainment was great and the bar staff were friendly.

Hamilton, Canada
“Great place to relax”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Had a great meal here and my first pint of Guinness in Ireland. Also the best pint I had during our vacation.

Gold Coast, Australia
“Great place for a drink or meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Just loved the ambiance, food, drink and great staff. Had two meals that were restaurant quality - well done.

Belfast
“Super Food at Reasonable Prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Went here by chance on Friday 30th August while on holiday in nearby Gortahork and arrived about 6.30pm and just as well, as the place was already busy and started to fill up even more!
I ordered lamb shank for mains along with garlic chips. The lamb shank was delicious with a beautiful sauce, the meat falling of the bone. Her ladyship had the pork fillet in breadrumbs with a cranberry and apple sauce. It was wolfed down too. I decided to be good and had no dessert and the better half had the cheesecake, which was beautiful, as I was allowed to have a mouthful. I had a pint of beer and a pure orange was ordered too.
Prior to our mains arriving we were given a basket of lovely wheaten bread and water was duly brought to the table.
The meal was that good we went the following night and this time the lady also had the lambshank as did I. We both had desserts me having the trios of ice-cream, which was to die for.
I would highly recommend the Bayview if ever in Dungloe or passing through. A wonderful place to eat, though for weekends I would recommend booking, as it seems extremely popular with the locals. One of the best places we have ever eaten in a long time for such reasonable prices.

• Visited September 2013