We stayed for 2 nights at the Vienna Woods. On arrival the first impression is inspiring with a private tree lined entrance and drive. On check in the receptionist was efficient and attentive, and was genuinely interested in talking to is a friendly manner. We were asked if we wanted to upgrade our room, if we wanted to book dinner and if we needed any information to assist with our stay in Cork. The hotel is a beautiful old country house with a modern section as well. We found the whole building spotlessly clean and tidy, the older sections of the building had lots of charm and period features, with an overall really nice homely comfortable feel. It was a refreshing change from some of the over designed modern hotels we have in this country! Our room was a decent size and the bedding was of good quality, needless to say we slept well both nights of our stay. Breakfast was excellent, the food was hot, and there was great choice. The Breakfast staff were spritely and friendly which is always nice to see in the morning. We took a walk around the grounds on our first morning and like the interior they are very well kept, neat, and not over manicured. The grounds are heavily wooded and give a secluded timeless feel. The one thing that really made our stay different from other hotels were the staff. Every time we met a manager or staff member, even in the corridor they always smiled and said hello. It really complimented the homely feel and atmosphere of the building. We ate in the hotel on one evening. My partner had the Irish Angus roast beef which looked great, it disappeared off her plate pretty fast. It came with mashed potatoes which were divine, really creamy and buttery and a selection of fresh vegetables in a side dish. Being my predictable usual self I had the burger which was excellent, it was really meaty and juicy, and the bun was fresh, I asked for bacon and cheddar in mine and got a generous portion, and the most important test of a good burger, it held shape all the way to the last bite! The chips were hot and drinks were promptly delivered. Our server was friendly as expected, and checked on us several times. Cork is a great city too, it was our first and certainly not our last time to visit. We wanted a relaxing, nothing much to do break from our usual daily lives and got exactly what we hoped for. If you have not stayed here I would definitely recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Corks premier wedding venue. Nestled in 22 acres of private woodlands, originally built by the founders of the Beamish Brewery over 200 years ago, today the Hotel is owned and run by the Fitzgerald family. Large open fireplaces, High corniced ceilings, Gold framed Oil paintings, and lots of comfy sofas set the scene. With 50 bedrooms, Crawford’s Bar & Conservatory, weekly Sunday Brunch, and eight luxury holiday Villas this we offers the country experience on the edge of the Cork city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Fitzgerald's Vienna Woods Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fitzgeralds Vienna Woods Cork
- Hotel Fitzgeralds Vienna Woods