We recently had the pleasure of staying at the Vienna Woods Hotel in Glanmire for my brother’s wedding. Having been to their sister hotel in Adare previously, we thought we knew what would be in store. And while the Adare hotel is excellent, the Vienna Woods is in a league of its own. It is difficult to express just how impressive our stay was. All of the wedding guests who travelled from Cork, Clare, Dublin and from further afield enjoyed their stay. From rooms to food to service, the standard was excellent.
The hotel’s setting was ideal for our occasion; the rooms were clean, comfortable and well appointed. The food was out of this world. Catering for a wedding of 250 odd guests cannot be a simple task, but not one quibble was to be heard.
But all of this would amount to very little were it not for the staff at the hotel. To say they were good would not do them justice. To say they were brilliant would barely scratch the surface. Michael Magner and his team were simply immense. While the wedding guests were impressed with the level of service they received, what they saw was merely the tip of the iceberg. Nothing was too much trouble for any of them during the organising of the wedding. Any issue was dealt with promptly and efficiently, and the result was simply amazing. Even on the morning of the wedding, they were kind enough to dismantle the flower arrangement in reception to decorate the wedding cars. As I mentioned already – nothing was too much trouble!
And though they were all outstanding at what they did, Michael Magner was first among equals. His attention to detail was unparalleled. With the minimum of fuss, he spearheaded what was a five star experience for my brother, his wife and indeed for all of us. Throughout our stay, he took an interest in our entire event, regardless of whether it was taking place in his hotel or elsewhere in the city. His experience and expertise was always on hand and was delivered with warmth and charm.
I cannot praise this hotel and its staff highly enough. If you want an ordinary hotel, choose anywhere you want. If you want an extraordinary hotel, choose the Vienna Woods.
- Also Known As:
- Fitzgeralds Vienna Woods Cork
- Hotel Fitzgeralds Vienna Woods
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Corks premier wedding venue. Nestled in 22 acres of private woodlands, originally built by the founders of the Beamish Brewery over 200 years ago, today the Hotel is owned and run by the Fitzgerald family. Large open fireplaces, High corniced ceilings, Gold framed Oil paintings, and lots of comfy sofas set the scene. With 50 bedrooms, Crawford’s Bar & Conservatory, weekly Sunday Brunch, and eight luxury holiday Villas this we offers the country experience on the edge of the Cork city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Fitzgerald's Vienna Woods Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.