“Clean but Plain hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Carrigaline
Solihull, United Kingdom
“Clean but Plain hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

This hotel was very clean and had good facilities. the rooms were large and the housekeeping was very good. However the service in the Bistro and Collins bar was slow and expensive. Also It took 30 plus minutes and four attempts to get the check out invoice correct, and other guests seemed to have the same problems. In my case, the bill was double the aggreed price, but after some discussion it was put right.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
JHealy, General Manager at Carrigaline Court Hotel and Leisure Center, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

With regard to service in the Bar & Bistro, the overall feedback is that it is very good & I'm sorry that you didn't experience this during your stay & would like to assure you that I will look into this.

We value all Guest Feedback as it helps us improve our our Guest Satisfaction levels & appreciate the time that you took to post this review.

I do hope that you will visit us again.

Jerry Healy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Cork
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my partner stayed here for 1 night with a four course meal included. We paid €60 altogether so it was a complete bargain. The receptionist was friendly and professional. Our room was lovely and spacious, however the bathroom is a bit dated! The food in the restaurant is top quality and comes with a 4 star service! The pork belly is pull apart tender. Their rasberry and chocolate chip cheescake is to die for, I would go back for that alone! We'll definately be back!!!

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us on Tripadvisor. We are really delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Please do come back and visit us again.

Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel three times and I hope to visit again soon.
The staff are friendly, helpful and efficient. The hotel rooms are very comfy. Great leisure centre. On our last visit we stayed for three nights on a dinner b+b basis. It was great value and the food was exceptionally nice. I'm looking forward to my next visit

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer,

Guest Feedback is very important to us & especially from a repeat guest such as yourself.

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor, we appreciate it greatly.

We will look forward to welcoming you back to The Carrigaline Court Hotel & Leisure Centre.

Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Nice hotel, well fitted out. Rooms nice. Paid EUR300 for 3 nights of a bank holiday weekend for a double including a meal.All for 2. Drink prices at bar were expensive, but the norm for a hotel bar.
pool good. Great location for the town. Have stayed here before, and will stay again. Happy to recommend!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
JHealy, General Manager at Carrigaline Court Hotel and Leisure Center, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. It is great to read Guest feedback in particular when it is as good as yours.

We would be delighted to welcome you back to The Carrigaline Court Hotel & Leisure Centre.

Cork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I had two functions to attend Friday in Carrigaline checked online for availability and was amazed by this offer 'Weekend Sizzler' for €59 for accommodation and a four course meal for two people.
Greeted by a very nice lady at the reception.The meal was served in the bistro and I can speak for the two of us it was one of the best meals that we have enjoyed in a long while.I had the spicy chicken wings followed by the salmon for main course and my partner had the salad for starters and a pasta dish for the main course.I had the cheese cake and my better half had the sticky toffee.The staff were excellent I've been told that I will be making a reservation in the very near future as my partner wants to return.
The room was nice,clean and spacious.I would state that housekeeping did call at 10 a.m and tried to enter the room which is annoying and recommend that management would review their procedures.I will return I would also like to thank the very nice night porter who greeted us on our return to the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for posting such a wonderful review of your recent stay with us. I will be sure to pass this feedback onto the team here in the hotel, it is always very encouraging to receive such positive reviews.

We will look forward to welcoming you back to the Carrigaline Court Hotel & Leisure Centre.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I've stayed here many times in the past. Let's be clear, its a really friendly place, the staff couldnt be more helpful and friendly, but there are signs now that this hotel needs a few tweaks to keep it at the top of it's game.

Situated in the centre (or close to) the centre of the town, you cannot fault the location. I stayed in room 207 and was woken up at 5:30 am with the sound of water hammering in the pipes. This intermittent sound was loud enough to prevent me getting a lie-in..never mind

There were a few other niggles that I feel I ought to report

1) The toilet seat wouldn't stay up
2) The grouting around the edge of the bath was in need or replacement
3) Carpets needed cleaning
3) Paintwork badly scuffed

The room furniture was fuinctional and reminiscent of a more upmarket hotel in parts and all normal facilities are here

Large TV in the room if you like that sort of thing.

Despite my 3 star rating, I'm probably being a touch harsh... its more than that, but not quite
"very good". Sorry.... :-(

Of course, the town itself is very pretty and the hotel is a great launch pad for some beautiful sight seeing.

Summary:-
I like this place and would stay again. Its clean, tidy and the people are great. I would just suggest that they attend to the finer details that whilst costing small money, make a difference.

Room Tip: Not sure what happened in 207... but there were some odd noises going on. My bed creaked (and I was...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,

We value all feedback as it helps us improve our Guest Satisfaction and in particular when it comes from a repeat guest such as yourself.

Our in house Maintance Manager has been advised of your feedback & is currently addressing the points that you highlighted.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Carrigaline Court Hotel & Leisure Centre.

clare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

This hotel as my title above will tell u is excellent ... my wife carmel myself and another couple Tommy and Miriam thouroughly enjoyed ourselves on our recent 2 night stay... we will be back as soon as we possibly can...Kale and Niamh and all the staff with whom we dealt were a joy .. incidentally the band 'SHINE' were top class .I am expecting them to play' Slane ' soon ..HA HA.... regards Ger

Room Tip: Just speak to the friendly and helpful reception staff and they will sort your room and any other is...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Ger
Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review of your recent stay with us on Tripadvisor. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to all of the staff here, they will be delighted.
We will look forward to having you stay with us again.
Jerry Healy

Been to Carrigaline Court Hotel and Leisure Center? Share your experiences!