We recently stayed for 2 nights with the kids, the receptionist was friendly and efficient during the check in process, no help was offered for the bags, it seems they don't have porters, the first impressions when we enter the room was good, beds were comfortable, they provide tea & coffee facility in the room, there was a flat TV but what we found very poor was all the amenities in the bathroom there were shampoo, shower gel and soap only.
We went for diner the first night to Collins Bar the server was professional and courteous, the food was tasty and the price was reasonable.
Breakfast was a different story, we sat down in a table and 2 out of 4 cups were dirty, so we have to make a preselection of cups & cutlery in our own table and take some from the next
table, the full Irish breakfast was of a very low quality, even the toasts were served cold as an iceberg they tasted like if someone tries a toast after 15 minutes of been prepared.
On top of that, the servers in the Bistro restaurant during diner and breakfast, started to setting up the tables for breakfast /lunch so they did quite of a lot of noise while collecting the cutlery.
The feeling was like if there were trying to hurry us up in order for them to finish their job and go home, specially during the night shift.
At diner the starter for me and my partner was lovely, unfortunately the main and the desert was just ok.
The spa was the only facility where i would give it a 4 star rating, i am afraid that the rest of the hotel is overrated by one star, not to mention the absence of a business center plus we could not logged in with their wi-fi in our room.
I think, I would recommend this hotel only if it was a 2 star upper or 3 star hotel, it is definitely.... overrated.
- Also Known As:
- Carrigaline Court Hotel And Leisure
- Carrigaline Court Hotel And Leisure Carrigaline
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 15 minutes drive south of Cork City, the 4* Carrigaline Court Hotel & Leisure Centre is ideal for groups or individuals visiting the Cork area. Located on the main street of Carrigaline town, the hotel has a variety of facilities on the doorstep including shops, banks, restaruants and much more. All of the main visitor attractions are also within 20 - 25 minutes drive including, Cobh, Crosshaven, Kinsale, Fota Wildlife Park. The hotels outstanding facilites include * 91 bright & airy bedrooms including suites, business class rooms & family rooms* Collins Bar & Restaurant* Leisure Centre incl 20m Swimming Pool, Sauna, Jacuzzi, Steamroom & Gym * Conference facilites for 2 - 280 guests ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Carrigaline Court Hotel and Leisure Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.