First, the hotel's name changed to Eureka Express Inn, so it's no longer branded as Howard Johnson.
Room: one word - clean. Everything about the room is clean, from the bed to the carpet (though well-worn), to the bathroom. Lighting could be better, but given that aside from sleeping at night, we were never in our rooms, this is a very minor concern.
Amenities: This is somewhere between a one to a two star establishment. Here is a list of things that are standard for all stays:
1. 27 inch CRT (tube) TV
2. Decently large fridge and microwave.
3. "Oasis" brand shampoo/conditioner/soap
5. Breakfast consist of single-serving cereals (Malt-o-Meal raisin bran and honey nut scooters), milk and orange juice, small bagels, butter, mixed fruit and grape jam, coffee, and snack size muffins.
6. Free high speed wifi that never drops signals and truly "high speed".
Environment: A very quiet area about 2.5 miles outside Eureka Springs downtown area. The backside of the hotel has a beautiful view of the nearby hills and mountains (see picture). At night, there's hardly any noise at all. In the evening, you can also catch a beautiful sunset.
Management: The manager (I think Mr. Patel) is a super nice guy. He gave us some great recommendations on local places to eat, as well as tips on how to find parking in Eureka Springs. Also, although I booked my stay online, I actually accidentally arrived earlier by a day. He honored the quoted price anyway.
Are there hotels with better amenities in town? Sure. But you will have to deal with a lot of noise. For a nice and quiet stay at a tremendous value, you would be hard pressed to find a place better.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Low Cost Holidays and Odigeo so you can book your Express Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Eureka Springs
- Eureka Springs Howard Johnson