“Loved the hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 37 Hotels in Eureka Springs
Louisiana
“Loved the hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

This was a great location especially if you don't want to deal with driving once you arrive in Eureka Springs. Everything is within walking distance and there is a shuttle that will take you anywhere you don't want to walk! Hotel is old and could use a coat of paint but I loved the rustic feel. Prices were great for the room and the spa at the hotel was excellent...again, nothing fancy but more than adequate! Helpful staff. If I return, this is where I will stay.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1905manager1886, Front Office Manager at 1905 Basin Park Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future when you return to Eureka Springs!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Was extremely disappointed! I would not recommend anyone staying here. I paid $220.00 a night for rude service and clueless front desk people. My family checked in Friday June 13th, the front desk clerk said my room had already been paid for through my travel agency. I told him I knew this could not be true. I explained my debit card had been stolen and that card was no longer good and I had a new card. He stated the room is paid for. Gave us keys. Went to the room - which was way too small but was clean. The bed was like sleeping on a rock. The next morning went back to the front desk a lady waited on me this time. I explained what happened and I just wanted to make sure my room was paid for or I needed to pay. She stated the man was incorrect and if he had just read the notes he would know I needed to pay. She stated I owed $220.00 and I said that is all I owe - she said yesGave her my debit card she ran it and said - now you are all paid up.. I said I'm staying or two nights and she said I know. She stated a receipt would be under my door Sunday morning. Then we leave and go shopping. You have to park about a half a mile away and ride with a crazy van driver who drives like a maniac. His name is Rick. (Rude Rick if you ask me). Then we shopped had a wonderful time. Then waited 20 minutes for the van driver to pick us up. Went to our room and we were to attend a wedding at 4:30 pm. At 3:55 we arrived at the front desk and asked them to call the shuttle. The lady called and said he is now arriving. We walked outside and two other people stepped in the shuttle van. It holds 6 people plus the driver making 7. We were only 3 people. I told the driver we just needed to go down to the car lot and he informed me I would have to wait until he took these people to the Cresent Hotel and he would pick us up on his return. I explained we just need to get to our car and if we have to wait we will not get to the wedding on time. He stated well you should have called for the van sooner. I'm like I did call and that's why you are here. He stated well, first come first serve - looks like you will have to wait! ARGH... Then he drove off. I'm in high heel shoes a fancy dress, my husband and son are also dressed for formal. An employee from the hotel walked by and she heard what he said - she apologized and said I'm sorry, he's just rude. I'm walking to the car lot too and I know a short cut. So we followed her. I had to walk barefoot over a half a mile to get to the place, ended up with splinters in my foot from the wooden steps down a huge staircase covered with poison ivy and who knows what else. Got to our car finally and made it to the wedding by 4:26 pm. Called to complain to the front desk only to be passed on to someother uncaring person who said - we will talk with the driver. Sorry for your inconvenience. Then we come back - another night in motel room. Wake up Sunday morning -no reciept under door. I go to front desk, a different person again - this time the guy with the beard. I state I'm in room 207 was supposed to have a receipt under my door. He informs me loud and rude - you did not even pay for the room your card was declined. I proceed to tell him the entire story again and he said - oh - well you only paid for one night and you stayed two. By this time the lobby is full of people staring at me like I'm a thief. Keep in mind I'm the one who keeps going to the desk and telling them I owed and they are the clueless people. So he then tells me you will have to use a different card (keep in mind the day before they ran my card for $220.00 with no problems) - I'm like you just ran the card yesterday and he said yeah it didn't work. I said yes it did - and he said well you need a different card. I go get my husband who happens to have his debit card (same account as mine) and my husband asks what's the deal and then he goes into my card did not work etc. which it did. So my husband gets upset and says how much more do we owe. Hands him the debit card and he runs it for $220.00 more and it works fine. The guy says all paid up now. I say - I want a receipt - he says you will have to get that from your travel agency. I'm like no you will give me a receipt now showing paid in full - you clueless people are not billing me again. So he finally gives me a printed out reciept showing we paid in full. No apologies nothing. I do not recomment this Hotel to anyone. I feel based on my experience you should know for what you are paying - you are not getting your money. I have stayed at the Crescent and will continue to stay there - they were extremely nice, the room was nice and the staff was great. BeverlyBrady

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
I'm sorry for your frustrations during your stay with us. I know we have communicated via email since this review was posted and I have resolved all of your issues and you seemed completely satisfied. Sorry once again.
Rogers, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I was there for the Blues Festival this past weekend and despite thousands of Harley bikers it maintained an enjoyable and family friendly ambiance. It is right in the center of town (on the upper hill) and easy to walk to everything worth walking too from there. Staff is quite helpful; my friend's bike battery went dead and the livery staff quickly got him charged up with no problem. Staff was consistently friendly and helpful. It's an old property and the configuration of some of the rooms are kind of weird. Just put yourself in European frame of mind and you will be fine. Don't miss the Balcony Restaurant as well as it has great views (it closes kind of early though 11pm!). Wondering what the most "haunted" floor is? According to staff its the 3rd. The top floor which has pool tables is also kind of Shinning-creepy too. We heard no supernatural activity however. Overall, I would recommend, but wouldn't mind checking out the Crescent as well next time.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th and it was very quiet. Only one elevator, so if you don't want to wait, get...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
We're glad you enjoyed staying with us during Blues Fest. I think it was a really good time for all involved. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

We arrived a bit early, and they allowed us to check in right away! Check-in was a breeze and the bellman helped us very much! Parking was a little confusing- we had to park very far away from the hotel and use a shuttle get back. I understand this though, as there is NO parking but maybe a few spaces in front of the hotel. The shuttle is quick and easy to use! He's right there anytime you need him. After using this service a few times, I realized I liked it more than having to drive my car all over town.
We booked with a Best Weekday Deal, making a double suite much more affordable than it would have been otherwise. The hotel room was fantastic. I think it was the most comfortable and spacious hotel room I've ever stayed in. Love how they have REALLY kept the old look, with obvious modern conveniences.
We went on the ghost tour as well as the Downtown -n- Underground tour. Both tours were very informative and entertaining. I highly recommend them!
The Balcony Restaurant had a great atmosphere and very yummy food, ate their twice.
Overall, this hotel will be highly recommended by me. Next time I'm in town, I plan on staying at the Crescent, as the two hotels seem very similar and I want to experience them both!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
It sounds like everything went great during your stay with us. We try to make everyone's experience as memorable as yours was. We hope you will stay with us again next time you return to Eureka Springs.

Cedarville, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

This was the second time that we have stayed at the Basin Park Hotel. For the hotel to be as old as it is, it is well maintained. The room was clean and had one of the best air conditioners I have ever had at a hotel. There are a couple of downfalls though. One is, get ready for the stairs because the elevator is super slow. Another is the creeky wooden floors. The final is the noise from people going up and down the stairs. All in all, it was a great stay. it is right in the middle of town and has a restaurant with good food and there are pool tables on the 6th floor. Will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the stairs. Lots of noise with people going up and down them!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
We're glad you enjoyed your return stay with us. I have to agree with you, our elevator is a little slow but at least it works. All in all though it sounds like it was a good time for you. We hope you return to stay with us for a 3rd visit in the future!
Royse City, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I visited the Basin Park Hotel in April, 2014 and have already booked a return trip for July. I've never received such wonderful and friendly service and I've stayed throughout the US and in many other countries. Everyone was ready to offer advice and history tidbits. The shuttle service is above and beyond. My room was immaculate and the Jacuzzi tub fantastic. This is an antique hotel and some of the reviews seem to want to compare it to modern hotels. It's not modern, but you have all the conveniences that you need. There is only one elevator and it is small; I imagine it was added some years after the hotel was built. Housekeeping has no other way to get their supplies up and down. If you can't wait (and that's the point of vacation), then take the stairs...they are good exercise. Can't wait to relax again at the now "familiar old Basin Park Hotel."

Room Tip: I have only stayed in a Jacuzzi King, but I highly recommend it. Best Jacuzzi tub, EVER.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
We're glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We pride ourselves in being extremely friendly and do our best to create a memorable stay for all of our guests. We look forward to pleasing you again when you return in July.

Monett
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

So we are a HUGE Trip Advisor reviewers. We have walked through the Basin Park Hotel to check things out many times, we have had a drink at the bar and we have gone on the Ghost Tour back the day we got married down in Eureka Springs back on 11/11/11. So with the Blues Fest is coming up and we found a excellent deal on Priceline.com so we could afford to stay at the Basin finally! Very excited! I booked it for Friday and Saturday night (6/13-6/15) and my husband tells me we were going down on Thursday too. So I called Priceline back the next day and they told me I would have to cancel and rebook. Afraid we might not get the same rate I went ahead and called the Basin and talked to a VERY nice woman - I think her name was Lori. In one day there was only King Suites left so with it being only $15 more per night I asked her to book it for me and add it to our reservations she already had in her system. She told me that we would have to move to our normally booked Standard King on Friday BUT she went above and beyond and stated that she would make a note that if someone cancels they would allow us to stay in the King Suite and not have to move. Not sure how that will flag our reservation but we are praying this happens. I think we have deterred staying here not only because of the price but because of the "old" rooms. Looking over reviews and seeing pictures I'm hoping we not only get to stay in the Suite but we'll have a newly remodeled room. Can't wait for our stay and look forward to giving everyone an update on how it went. So far so good! Excellent job with customer service when I called in! Can't wait to see how our actual stay goes. I know we'll be happy in a regular room but excited to see if something happens and we get to stay the entire time in a suite. Looking forward to trying out the spa and the restaurant, etc. Stay tuned . . . . !!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1905manager1886, Front Office Manager at 1905 Basin Park Hotel, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
It sounds like you're super excited. We can't wait to see you both!
Have a good day.

Been to 1905 Basin Park Hotel? Share your experiences!