“Room 408” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 36 hotels in Eureka Springs
Memphis, Tennessee
“Room 408”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

It was my first time to Eureka Springs. I had heard of the place but did no research before my arrival for a law enforcement convention (as a vendor). Anyhow, my first impression was that who ever decided to build a hotel on the side of an actual mountain was CRAZY, yet I was intrigued by the beauty all around me. My room was one of the larger suites and I was very happy with everything and simply kept my focus on my work during my four day stay. While I am not stranger to the spirit world due to my profession, I will be the first to admit that even I had moments where I was ready to RUN. It began with being trapped in the elevator for what felt like a lifetime. The next following times it happened, I was more prepared. The only thing, I can really say at this point is that I thank God for my past experiences that allowed me to enjoy my stay to the fullest. I account that to my sense of humor and my understanding of what was happening. Might actually return but will stay on the OTHER side of the hotel.
Kelly ~ forensic psychologist from Memphis

Room Tip: The room that end with the numbers 15 and 19 if you need your rest.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1905manager1886, Front Office Manager at 1905 Basin Park Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
We're glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us aside from the elevator issues. The next day after the issues, we had our elevator repairman come and service it. It's good to go know. We're sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We hope you will give us another shot next time you return to Eureka Springs.

416 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Ava, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

I came here this last weekend with the Ozark UFO Conference Dinner Meet and Greet in the ballroom. The dinner was nice (except there was only one tray of desert for 200 people and it was gone before we even knew it was there!), and the ballroom was perfect for about 200 of us who chose to attend the dinner. The staff was very nice, and the place was clean. I love old historic buildings! The bathroom was clean. I didn't use the bar, but many people seemed to be enjoying the drinks, lol. It was a nice time and we were thrilled there was a shuttle for us to and from the conference center at the Best Western. If you're having a big get-together, this is a great place to do it in Eureka Springs. I imagine it would be great for a wedding reception or other big party. It is right downtown where all the shops are, so one day I might have to stay at this pretty hotel and check out the rooms. Thank you for accommodating all of us as the echoes of George Noory (host of Coast to Coast AM) singing love songs surely still linger in the ballroom. Hope to see you again next year!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1905manager1886, Front Office Manager at 1905 Basin Park Hotel, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
We're glad you enjoyed your recent visit to our property. When you get a chance we'd love for you to actually stay the night with us. Give us a call next time you're going to be visiting and we'll get you set up.
Prairie Grove, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

My sister and I went on the ghost tour with Meg at the Basin Park on Saturday March 29th 2014. We had a great time. Meg knew the history of Eureka and The Basin Park Hotel. She was informative a great story teller and funny. I would definitely recommend the tour with her.
We didn't see much, did hear music in the ballroom. When I got home and downloaded my pictures I did capture a lot of orbs and tried to email them got a message address permanently failed. I do hope everyone goes and visits Meg and all her friends at the Basin Park Hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
We're glad you enjoyed your visit to our hotel. The ghost tour is a fun way to spend an evening and get some history at the same time. You never know what you might find prowling the halls of this old hotel at night.
Please visit us again next time you're in Eureka Springs.
Fayetteville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

We were upgraded to a king suite and it was perfect!! The breakfast was awesome and you can't beat the hotel location. We love the unique style and awesome staff!! This hotel is always our preferred hotel for visiting this great town!!

• Stayed April 2014
We're glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us. The king suites are nice rooms and you can't beat the view. Always give us a call or email to check for last minute specials or possible upgrades that may be available. We do our best to accommodate all guest requests.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Normally, I only write positive reviews because why write a negative one and spend more energy towards something that was horrible in the first place? If you write something positive then that gives people the general idea of where to stay or what to do without having to talk bad about something or some place. So...on to the bad review...

I have visited Eureka Springs, AR, since 1994 (I am a native of Arkansas). This is probably my favorite town in Arkansas and certainly the most diverse, accepting, and most dog friendly in Arkansas, if not all of the Southern states. I typically stay at the Crescent hotel or even KOA (I really am not that hard to please) and my other most recent stay was at the Bavarian Inn and Restaurant. All of these are favorable places to stay although the Basin Park Hotel has the conviency of location that these others do not provide. So...I decided to stay in the midst of all the action at the Basin Park hotel. I knew parking was not the greatest but that the hotel does its upmost best to prepare you on the particulars to make it as smooth as possible (they even feature a short video on their hotel's website which is very informative on the whole check-in and parking business which was very helpful). So, no surprises there. Although the check-in guy was not a bunch of sour grapes, he wasn't all that charismatic either but who cares right? Just give me my parking pass, my keys, rattle off all the info in less than 2 minutes, and look bored and let me go on with getting all this stuff out of my car. So...the driver who met me to take me back to the hotel after parking was Rick...he was nice and accomodating.

We get into the King size, Jacuzzi corner room with our puppy and get him settled after approximately 3.5 hours in the car and once I get into the jacuzzi tub I realize that the jets don't work. We called to tell the front desk who were accomodating to try and get maintenance to work on it but we did not want to deal with someone in our room with the puppy and after the drive so just told them that they could work on it after our stay. I had read that this might be a problem as others had discussed it in their reviews so please head that more than likely the jacuzzi jets do not work.

Now...the mattress...DIABOLICAL!!!! JEEZ. I can tolerate most anything but I awoke both nights to pain in my hips, my legs, my back, my shoulders, my arms...my BODY! I am only 37 and in pretty decent health but wow...I have not ever had issues like this...how can a mattress be both lumpy and hard as a rock at the same time? I did the survey the hotel provided and alerted them to this issue. I did not call the front desk and did not want to do a bunch of room swaps as we had to bring all our sheets and comforters and pillows and the such with us because of our puppy and his safety needs (didn't want him to be exposed to possible viruses as he is still little). But I was so glad that I brought my pain medicine (I bring this with me for emergencies). The sole reason I would not recommend this hotel is based upon the mattress issue.

The food was good. Although, I did recommend to them in their survey that they should add greek yogurt and granola to their breakfast selection. But it was a good selection overall and the staff were nice enough.

The last bit of info I can provide is that of the elevator. It is typically not a problem to have no more than 6 people on the one elevator the historic building has but if you are leaving on a Sunday (when most are leaving) then you might as well prepare yourself to walk all your items down the stairs. You would think that between the hours of 9 to 11 that the hotel would limit its staff from using the elevator so that those who are trying to check out can access the one elevator. We had to fight the housekeeping staff and the maintenance staff along with the other customers with their luggage and animals for the one elevator. There were multiple times that a housekeeper would have a rolling cart that took up the whole elevator at a time in which people are trying to check out. Ridiculous.

Anyway, if you can account for all these factors then the location is superb and you will enjoy your stay. Good luck!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1905manager1886, Front Office Manager at 1905 Basin Park Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
We're sorry you didn't enjoy your recent stay with us. Apparently we offered to fix your jacuzzi tub problem but you chose to not let us into the room to fix it. You also chose to not inform us of any of your issues while you were at the property so we could attend and try and resolve these issues. Next time you might want to at least give us the opportunity to satisfy you and your issues before you choose to leave a negative review.

Have a good day.
Fayetteville, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

This hotel is like much of the lodging around Eureka in that it is old. That being said, with that come an incredible history, story, and location. This is directly in the middle of down town, and within walking distance of almost everything. (shops, restaurants, tours, bars). Jacuzzi available in rooms, cool victorian architecture and don't forget about the ghost stories!!

Room Tip: The first floor is not counted in the levels as it has no guest rooms. So as the story goes, the 4t...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
We're glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We hope to see you again when you return to Eureka Springs in the future.

Columbia, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I was concerned after reading other reviews about the noise level, I am a light sleeper. We stayed in 421 which faced the street but was a spacious, lovely room. Street noise was minimal, upstairs room above us, noise again was minimal. Great comfy bed, slight wear and tear on carpet, bathtub and furniture but the spacious room and great view made it not matter to me at all. Floors creak a little but not enough to bother me. Very clean: have stayed at Hermannhill in Hermann, MO and Big Cedar Lodge in Ridgedale, MO and found the Basin to be as clean or better than these newer "luxury" hotels. Shuttle drivers are amazing, staff very nice overall, spa services were great. This is the second time I have stayed here and love the location, spa, and shuttle services. Only complaint I have is that the hot tub on the spa deck has not worked either time I have stayed, I would have enjoyed a soak after a day on my feet. Lisa in the Billiards Bar is a sweetie. Curtis, Rick, Rich, Leah and all staff super. Enjoy staying downtown and let them know what you want so they can help you with all you need. I stayed during the week and off season, I'm sure festivals/parades/weekends could be different. Overall great experience.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
We're glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We thank you for returning. Sorry about the public hot tub. It has been consistently giving us problems lately and we are working to correct this matter. Also, the carpet in room 421 is scheduled to be replaced in the next 2 months. We appreciate you being understanding on these matters. We hope you will stay with us again when you return to Eureka Springs in the future.

Have a great day!

Been to 1905 Basin Park Hotel? Share your experiences!