“Awesome weekend getaway hotel!!” 5 of 5 stars

1905 Basin Park Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   12 Spring St, Eureka Springs, AR 72632   |
Ranked #18 of 37 Hotels in Eureka Springs
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Awesome weekend getaway hotel!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

We were upgraded to a king suite and it was perfect!! The breakfast was awesome and you can't beat the hotel location. We love the unique style and awesome staff!! This hotel is always our preferred hotel for visiting this great town!!

• Stayed April 2014
1905manager1886, Front Office Manager at 1905 Basin Park Hotel, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
We're glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us. The king suites are nice rooms and you can't beat the view. Always give us a call or email to check for last minute specials or possible upgrades that may be available. We do our best to accommodate all guest requests.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Have a good day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Normally, I only write positive reviews because why write a negative one and spend more energy towards something that was horrible in the first place? If you write something positive then that gives people the general idea of where to stay or what to do without having to talk bad about something or some place. So...on to the bad review...

I have visited Eureka Springs, AR, since 1994 (I am a native of Arkansas). This is probably my favorite town in Arkansas and certainly the most diverse, accepting, and most dog friendly in Arkansas, if not all of the Southern states. I typically stay at the Crescent hotel or even KOA (I really am not that hard to please) and my other most recent stay was at the Bavarian Inn and Restaurant. All of these are favorable places to stay although the Basin Park Hotel has the conviency of location that these others do not provide. So...I decided to stay in the midst of all the action at the Basin Park hotel. I knew parking was not the greatest but that the hotel does its upmost best to prepare you on the particulars to make it as smooth as possible (they even feature a short video on their hotel's website which is very informative on the whole check-in and parking business which was very helpful). So, no surprises there. Although the check-in guy was not a bunch of sour grapes, he wasn't all that charismatic either but who cares right? Just give me my parking pass, my keys, rattle off all the info in less than 2 minutes, and look bored and let me go on with getting all this stuff out of my car. So...the driver who met me to take me back to the hotel after parking was Rick...he was nice and accomodating.

We get into the King size, Jacuzzi corner room with our puppy and get him settled after approximately 3.5 hours in the car and once I get into the jacuzzi tub I realize that the jets don't work. We called to tell the front desk who were accomodating to try and get maintenance to work on it but we did not want to deal with someone in our room with the puppy and after the drive so just told them that they could work on it after our stay. I had read that this might be a problem as others had discussed it in their reviews so please head that more than likely the jacuzzi jets do not work.

Now...the mattress...DIABOLICAL!!!! JEEZ. I can tolerate most anything but I awoke both nights to pain in my hips, my legs, my back, my shoulders, my arms...my BODY! I am only 37 and in pretty decent health but wow...I have not ever had issues like this...how can a mattress be both lumpy and hard as a rock at the same time? I did the survey the hotel provided and alerted them to this issue. I did not call the front desk and did not want to do a bunch of room swaps as we had to bring all our sheets and comforters and pillows and the such with us because of our puppy and his safety needs (didn't want him to be exposed to possible viruses as he is still little). But I was so glad that I brought my pain medicine (I bring this with me for emergencies). The sole reason I would not recommend this hotel is based upon the mattress issue.

The food was good. Although, I did recommend to them in their survey that they should add greek yogurt and granola to their breakfast selection. But it was a good selection overall and the staff were nice enough.

The last bit of info I can provide is that of the elevator. It is typically not a problem to have no more than 6 people on the one elevator the historic building has but if you are leaving on a Sunday (when most are leaving) then you might as well prepare yourself to walk all your items down the stairs. You would think that between the hours of 9 to 11 that the hotel would limit its staff from using the elevator so that those who are trying to check out can access the one elevator. We had to fight the housekeeping staff and the maintenance staff along with the other customers with their luggage and animals for the one elevator. There were multiple times that a housekeeper would have a rolling cart that took up the whole elevator at a time in which people are trying to check out. Ridiculous.

Anyway, if you can account for all these factors then the location is superb and you will enjoy your stay. Good luck!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1905manager1886, Front Office Manager at 1905 Basin Park Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
We're sorry you didn't enjoy your recent stay with us. Apparently we offered to fix your jacuzzi tub problem but you chose to not let us into the room to fix it. You also chose to not inform us of any of your issues while you were at the property so we could attend and try and resolve these issues. Next time you might want to at least give us the opportunity to satisfy you and your issues before you choose to leave a negative review.

Have a good day.
Fayetteville, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

This hotel is like much of the lodging around Eureka in that it is old. That being said, with that come an incredible history, story, and location. This is directly in the middle of down town, and within walking distance of almost everything. (shops, restaurants, tours, bars). Jacuzzi available in rooms, cool victorian architecture and don't forget about the ghost stories!!

Room Tip: The first floor is not counted in the levels as it has no guest rooms. So as the story goes, the 4t...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
We're glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We hope to see you again when you return to Eureka Springs in the future.

Have a great day!
Columbia, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I was concerned after reading other reviews about the noise level, I am a light sleeper. We stayed in 421 which faced the street but was a spacious, lovely room. Street noise was minimal, upstairs room above us, noise again was minimal. Great comfy bed, slight wear and tear on carpet, bathtub and furniture but the spacious room and great view made it not matter to me at all. Floors creak a little but not enough to bother me. Very clean: have stayed at Hermannhill in Hermann, MO and Big Cedar Lodge in Ridgedale, MO and found the Basin to be as clean or better than these newer "luxury" hotels. Shuttle drivers are amazing, staff very nice overall, spa services were great. This is the second time I have stayed here and love the location, spa, and shuttle services. Only complaint I have is that the hot tub on the spa deck has not worked either time I have stayed, I would have enjoyed a soak after a day on my feet. Lisa in the Billiards Bar is a sweetie. Curtis, Rick, Rich, Leah and all staff super. Enjoy staying downtown and let them know what you want so they can help you with all you need. I stayed during the week and off season, I'm sure festivals/parades/weekends could be different. Overall great experience.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
We're glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We thank you for returning. Sorry about the public hot tub. It has been consistently giving us problems lately and we are working to correct this matter. Also, the carpet in room 421 is scheduled to be replaced in the next 2 months. We appreciate you being understanding on these matters. We hope you will stay with us again when you return to Eureka Springs in the future.

Have a great day!
Batesville, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay! Our room was comfortable and clean with an Arlington Hotel (Hot Springs) charm. Parking takes a bit of extra thought, but after all, you're in Eureka Springs!!! Enjoy!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1905manager1886, Front Office Manager at 1905 Basin Park Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
We're glad you enjoyed your stay at our historic hotel. If you return to Eureka Springs in the future we hope you will choose to stay with us again. Have a great day!
Tulsa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

The Basin Park Hotel is a charming old building. It is a perfect reflection of the town's character! We purchased a vacation package and received vochurs for all of our chosen activities and meals. It was a wonderful way for first time visitors to Eureka Springs to experience what the town had to offer! The staff was extremely attentive, kind, and helpful. We enjoyed the gorgeous view of Spring Street from our room's windows. Our room was very quiet and comfortable, located on the 2nd floor (spa level). I really feel like the staff loves the old building a lot and tries to keep it nice.
We also took the Ghost Tour of the hotel because it was included in our package. The guide was fun and interesting. It was neat to hear some of the history of the town and of the hotel. $16.50 per adult ticket seems pretty steep for a one hour lecture, though.
Our experience at the Balcony Restaurant was uneven. We loved our appetizer sampler! The soups and bread that came with our meals were made in-house and were wonderful! Unfortunately, service was extremely slow. He repeatedly forgot things we, and the patrons around us, requesed. The server did apologize several times for this. I'm not really sure of the cause, but it got to be rather frustrating. We each ordered steaks: rib eye and New York Strip. My strip steak was acceptable, not the greatest of my life, but it was good. The side of frozen vegetable medly was unfortunate. My friend ordered the ribeye steak, medium. They brought it out bloody rare. He sent it back to be cooked longer. When the steak was returned to him, parts of it were a nice medium, others were extremely well done. He was pretty disappointed because he loves ribeye. It was most expensive item on the menu. We were expecting a lot more. We did receive a discount on the bill, but having a better quality entree would have been ideal.
All in all, I'd recommend staying at the hotel. It's very charming, comfortable, and convenient. Get a drink at the bar. They're strong, and you definitely get your money's worth. I would just avoid the Balcony Restaurant. Eureka Springs has many consistently delicious dining options. Choose one of them instead!

• Stayed March 2014
We're glad you enjoyed your stay at the Basin Park Hotel and our sorry you had inconsistent service at the restaurant. We do our best to provide excellent service throughout the property but on occasion we do fall short. We will be reviewing the circumstances surrounding your experience at the restaurant so it will not be repeated in the future. We do look forward to seeing you in the future when you decide to return to Eureka Springs. Have a great day!
Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

My husband and I have stayed here twice. We got a suite that was too expensive for what you actually get. The suite was nothing special, other than having a jacuzzi. It was a bit noisy in the morning. We got woke up a couple hours earlier than we would've liked.
The location is awesome. We was within walking distance of everything we wanted to do.
The restaurant and bar was good. We had a lot of fun at both places

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Our apologies for your disappointment with your room price. We try and keep our prices comparable for our location and service. If a jacuzzi room is not important to you, may I suggest that if you return to our hotel that you try a king suite. They are less expensive and are on the corner of the hotel with a great view. And if you are still in the mood for a jacuzzi, we have a public one on our spa deck you can utilize.

We hope to see you again in the future when you return to Eureka Springs. Have a great day!

Been to 1905 Basin Park Hotel? Share your experiences!