“Location, Location, Location.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 36 Hotels in Eureka Springs
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Location, Location, Location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

This hotel is like much of the lodging around Eureka in that it is old. That being said, with that come an incredible history, story, and location. This is directly in the middle of down town, and within walking distance of almost everything. (shops, restaurants, tours, bars). Jacuzzi available in rooms, cool victorian architecture and don't forget about the ghost stories!!

Room Tip: The first floor is not counted in the levels as it has no guest rooms. So as the story goes, the 4t...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1905manager1886, Front Office Manager at 1905 Basin Park Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
We're glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We hope to see you again when you return to Eureka Springs in the future.

Have a great day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Columbia, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I was concerned after reading other reviews about the noise level, I am a light sleeper. We stayed in 421 which faced the street but was a spacious, lovely room. Street noise was minimal, upstairs room above us, noise again was minimal. Great comfy bed, slight wear and tear on carpet, bathtub and furniture but the spacious room and great view made it not matter to me at all. Floors creak a little but not enough to bother me. Very clean: have stayed at Hermannhill in Hermann, MO and Big Cedar Lodge in Ridgedale, MO and found the Basin to be as clean or better than these newer "luxury" hotels. Shuttle drivers are amazing, staff very nice overall, spa services were great. This is the second time I have stayed here and love the location, spa, and shuttle services. Only complaint I have is that the hot tub on the spa deck has not worked either time I have stayed, I would have enjoyed a soak after a day on my feet. Lisa in the Billiards Bar is a sweetie. Curtis, Rick, Rich, Leah and all staff super. Enjoy staying downtown and let them know what you want so they can help you with all you need. I stayed during the week and off season, I'm sure festivals/parades/weekends could be different. Overall great experience.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
We're glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We thank you for returning. Sorry about the public hot tub. It has been consistently giving us problems lately and we are working to correct this matter. Also, the carpet in room 421 is scheduled to be replaced in the next 2 months. We appreciate you being understanding on these matters. We hope you will stay with us again when you return to Eureka Springs in the future.

Have a great day!
Batesville, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay! Our room was comfortable and clean with an Arlington Hotel (Hot Springs) charm. Parking takes a bit of extra thought, but after all, you're in Eureka Springs!!! Enjoy!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1905manager1886, Front Office Manager at 1905 Basin Park Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
We're glad you enjoyed your stay at our historic hotel. If you return to Eureka Springs in the future we hope you will choose to stay with us again. Have a great day!
Tulsa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

The Basin Park Hotel is a charming old building. It is a perfect reflection of the town's character! We purchased a vacation package and received vochurs for all of our chosen activities and meals. It was a wonderful way for first time visitors to Eureka Springs to experience what the town had to offer! The staff was extremely attentive, kind, and helpful. We enjoyed the gorgeous view of Spring Street from our room's windows. Our room was very quiet and comfortable, located on the 2nd floor (spa level). I really feel like the staff loves the old building a lot and tries to keep it nice.
We also took the Ghost Tour of the hotel because it was included in our package. The guide was fun and interesting. It was neat to hear some of the history of the town and of the hotel. $16.50 per adult ticket seems pretty steep for a one hour lecture, though.
Our experience at the Balcony Restaurant was uneven. We loved our appetizer sampler! The soups and bread that came with our meals were made in-house and were wonderful! Unfortunately, service was extremely slow. He repeatedly forgot things we, and the patrons around us, requesed. The server did apologize several times for this. I'm not really sure of the cause, but it got to be rather frustrating. We each ordered steaks: rib eye and New York Strip. My strip steak was acceptable, not the greatest of my life, but it was good. The side of frozen vegetable medly was unfortunate. My friend ordered the ribeye steak, medium. They brought it out bloody rare. He sent it back to be cooked longer. When the steak was returned to him, parts of it were a nice medium, others were extremely well done. He was pretty disappointed because he loves ribeye. It was most expensive item on the menu. We were expecting a lot more. We did receive a discount on the bill, but having a better quality entree would have been ideal.
All in all, I'd recommend staying at the hotel. It's very charming, comfortable, and convenient. Get a drink at the bar. They're strong, and you definitely get your money's worth. I would just avoid the Balcony Restaurant. Eureka Springs has many consistently delicious dining options. Choose one of them instead!

• Stayed March 2014
We're glad you enjoyed your stay at the Basin Park Hotel and our sorry you had inconsistent service at the restaurant. We do our best to provide excellent service throughout the property but on occasion we do fall short. We will be reviewing the circumstances surrounding your experience at the restaurant so it will not be repeated in the future. We do look forward to seeing you in the future when you decide to return to Eureka Springs. Have a great day!
Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

My husband and I have stayed here twice. We got a suite that was too expensive for what you actually get. The suite was nothing special, other than having a jacuzzi. It was a bit noisy in the morning. We got woke up a couple hours earlier than we would've liked.
The location is awesome. We was within walking distance of everything we wanted to do.
The restaurant and bar was good. We had a lot of fun at both places

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Our apologies for your disappointment with your room price. We try and keep our prices comparable for our location and service. If a jacuzzi room is not important to you, may I suggest that if you return to our hotel that you try a king suite. They are less expensive and are on the corner of the hotel with a great view. And if you are still in the mood for a jacuzzi, we have a public one on our spa deck you can utilize.

We hope to see you again in the future when you return to Eureka Springs. Have a great day!
Springfield, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

Checked in and was given a room that had ripped carpet, paint splatters on wall, the toilet was on a raised pedestal and was 4 inches from the wall...so to use you would have to side saddle it, stand in shower was 30" x 30" and grungy...water kept changing temp from ice cold to blazing hot. Needless to say I wanted to just check out and go to one of the many other hotels I've stayed at in town. Went to front desk and he said he could move my room...so he gave me a key to a dirty room with a pair of old panties on the nightstand...went back down to desk again and went to look at next room. It was clean and not as beat up...cracked tiles in shower and a tub that would not drain were the only issues.
This is highest rate I have paid to visit this town and it wasn't much, but give me value over a ghost story legend. Was charged a gratuity and an additional 6.95 for some kind of attraction fee???

• Stayed March 2014
1905manager1886, Front Office Manager at 1905 Basin Park Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
We're sorry for your disappointing experience at our property. I will be reviewing the room you were booked into with housekeeping and maintenance so we can fix the issues you've described. We're sorry for any inconveniences you may have experienced.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

The price is inflated because of its age and location. Cleanliness does not appear to be high priority. Reminded me of a roadside motel in that respect. Spa was nice but still not clean as I would have expected. Was charged for services that were given but not asked for. Spent over $600 and did not get offered any discounts or even dinner vouchers that are normally given with spa packages. Disappointed.

• Stayed March 2014
We're sorry for your disappointing stay at our property. We are aware of the cleanliness issues. We have been renovating multiple rooms and floors recently and this has caused dust and debris to settle over everything. We are rectifying this issue as we speak.

As for your spa experience, we apologize for inconsistencies with your bill. The staff is not perfect and mistakes get made occasionally. I hope you were able to sort out your bill prior to departing. We didn't overcharge you on purpose I assure you.

I've reviewed your reservation with the spa director and noticed that you didn't reserve a spa package when you booked your stay with us. You were apparently aware that we offered spa packages according to your review but chose not to reserve one. We would've been more than happy to alter your reservation if you would have requested it at the front desk. I am sorry though, we don't just give away free vouchers because you chose to spend $600 in our spa.

We're sorry for any inconveniences you may have experienced at our property.

Been to 1905 Basin Park Hotel? Share your experiences!