“Beautiful Hotel in the Heart of Eureka Springs” 5 of 5 stars

1905 Basin Park Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   12 Spring St, Eureka Springs, AR 72632   |
Ranked #23 of 35 hotels in Eureka Springs
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Beautiful Hotel in the Heart of Eureka Springs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

The Basin Park is a destination everytime we travel to Eureka Springs. It's the history of the hotel, the casual, but attentive, quick staff, and comfortable period rooms that make ths hotel great. Visitors stroll from the street to venture to the balcony Basin Park Restaurant that is open in both the winter and summer. The restaurant has live music and great causal dining. I leave my husband and shop at times! Since the hotel is in the heart of Eureka Springs, it is definitely convenient. Shuttle service will be ready to take you to different sites, but there is so much to see and do, I've never been on one of the shuttles. Instead, we simply drive. We were last there in October and the Basin Park is always at the top of our list. Be prepared for steep hills, if you "explore" Eureka Springs!

Room Tip: Try to stay on the street side or at least the "southwest side." The back of the hotel is...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
macdevelopment, Manager at 1905 Basin Park Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for your review! We are happy that you have enjoyed your visits to the Basin Park Hotel in downtown Eureka Springs. Your encouraging comments regarding our staff, restaurant, and the comfort of the rooms will be passed on to the appropriate departments. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

404 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Conway, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

My husband, son, granddaughter and I have stayed at the Basin Park Hotel on three different occasions, and it just keeps getting better and better with each visit. The rooms are lovely and reminiscent of a fondly remembered time in America. And when you walk outside your room, you are greeted by a wonderful, state-of-the art balcony restaurant that looks out over historic downtown Eureka Springs as well as the beautiful Ozark Mountains. There is a wide variety of food and the quality of the food and the service are excellent. In fact, the entire staff at the Basin Park Hotel is friendly and personable and eager to answer any and all questions. The hotel is situated right in the heart of town, but if you find an activity that is not within walking distance of the hotel, don't worry about having to move your car.....the hotel offers a free-of-charge shuttle service to and from just about any place you wish to go and see, including free access and shuttle service to the beautiful pool at its sister hotel in Eureka Springs, the Crescent Hotel. The Basin Park Hotel also offers massages which are heavenly! And for the kids, there are too many kids' activities and places for them to go than can be counted. Our 9 year old granddaughter had a blast the entire time we were there!
We found the Basin Park Hotel to be a gem in the middle of town, and because it is centrally-located, each time we visit we always feel that we are a big part of the Eureka Springs community, and we LOVE it! We heartily recommend the Basin Park Hotel to any and all visitors to this quaint, interesting and FUN town. The town is unique, and staying in the center of it at the Basin Park Hotel was the perfect touch to our entire visit. And the proof that we mean it? We already have another visit planned very soon, plus we look forward to many more visits to Eureka Springs and the beautiful BASIN PARK HOTEL!

Room Tip: Check out the rooms with hot tubs!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
We sincerely thank you for taking time to tell us about your experiences at the Basin Park Hotel. We are proud of our little "gem in the middle of town" and we thank you for enjoying its charms. We look forward to seeing you again very soon on your next visit.
Eureka Springs, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the Basin Park Hotel. I stayed in a corner jacuzzi room, room 403. Great view, big jacuzzi and a public balcony right outside my door overlooking the Basin Spring Park. There is a complimentary shuttle service that will drive you around the downtown area and pick you up and take you to the hotel parking lot. The staff is really friendly unlike the uptight, stiff sort of employees you would find at a big chain hotel. The restaurant has a wide variety of savory meals to choose from that are reasonable priced. If you stay on the weekends (like I did) your room comes with a complimentary breakfast buffet with omelet station. There is also a cool rooftop bar with pool tables on the 6th floor. The location of the hotel is excellent. You just walk out the front door and all the shops, bars and restaurants are right there. When I asked about the activity charge on my bill, the front desk explained it to me. For $6.65 per night you get wifi, 2 historic tour tickets, discounts to local shops and access to the Crescent Hotel activities and pool. Plus the shuttle service that will drive you up there. I think that's a great deal for an extra $6.65 per night extra!

I read some of the other reviews people have posted about the Basin before I chose to stay there and decided to give it a shot. I've came to the realization after staying there myself that the negative reviews are coming from people who are used to staying at the Embassy Suites or something. This is a historic hotel. You have to expect a little noise and antique furniture. Some people just can't be pleased though. I was very pleased. It was a unique experience and will return again. I'll also recommend the Basin Park Hotel to my friends.

Room Tip: Get a King jacuzzi room or a King Suite. They are both on either corners of the hotel with great vi...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at the historic Basin Park Hotel. We look forward to seeing you soon on your next visit to the Basin Park where the most FUN happens in downtown Eureka Springs.
Fayetteville, AR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Avoid the 5th floor , and the 4th floor if a wedding is scheduled that day. For a vintage hotel, it's nice, but if you want the comforts of modern hotels, you will be a little disappointed. Problems we encountered were addressed, the next day. I didn't rest well due to noisy conditions above my room. Breakfast buffet was pretty good. Parking is done by shuttle, so don't be in a hurry to get in/out to your car...and it doesn't run after 11PM.

Room Tip: avoid 4th and 5th floors
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are sincerely glad you enjoyed the vintage ambiance of our historic hotel. We are also glad to know that any problems you encountered were addressed by the staff on hand at the time of your stay. We apologize for any inconvenience you encountered during your stay due to the approximation of your room to the hotel bar, as it can be a bit noisy. We want to make sure that your next night with us provides a good night's rest. We look forward to your next visit and hope to see you again soon.
Hollister, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Me and my now husband stayed here 4-22-13. Thought this would be a great place to start our honeymoon.....WRONG!!!!! Our room was horrible! Couldnt close the bathroom door, bed was hard as a rock, this place has NOT been maintained. Went to the lucky 7 bar on the top floor and as i ranback down to our room my fiance stayed to get us drinks, when i got back up there the bartender hadnt even awknowledged him so i sat down and after another 5 min or so she finally asked us what we wanted. So we ordered a captain and coke, for a short cocktail we paid over $6 and there wasnt any alcohol in it. Tried finding the hot tub on the balcony and never did find the enterance. I will say the shuttle drivers were very nice, other than that....THIS PLACE SUCKED AND WE WILL NOT BE BACK!!!! Waste of TIME & MONEY!

Room Tip: Go to Sugar Ridge Resort it worth every penny!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to post a review of your visit. We apologize for any inconveniences you encountered during your stay. The review of your unsatisfactory experience with service in the Lucky 7 Rooftop Billiards bar will be reported to the appropriate department as we welcome suggestions for improvements. We are sorry your room did not meet your expectations for your honeymoon stay. Because the property is a historic building, we have and maintain most of the original furnishings, including doors such as the one you encountered difficulties with, in order to embrace the culture and character of the building. We have two full time maintenance employees and an executive housekeeper who consistently work toward room improvements. We are happy to know that our shuttle drivers provided hospitable service for you and your husband. We hope that you will reconsider and visit the Basin Park again in the future.
Columbia, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We were very pleased with our stay at the Basin Park. Our spa suite was quiet, clean and spacious. All hotel personnel were delightful. The spa experience was amazing, best massage I ever had, from Kaitlin. It was great being able to walk to so many shops while having the shuttle service available to take you anywhere else in town. We felt overall the basin is a very good value. Super friendly, lots of good tips about the town, historic and charming. Eureka is also very beautiful in the spring, overall a very nice trip and we will return.

Room Tip: Our spa suite was very quiet although the view from the window was only a rooftop. We felt like we h...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Heart of America
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Like most of the other reviewers, I will say that this hotel has a great location and much charm.

We had a room on the third floor. Overall, it was fairly clean. Like another recent review noted, there was dust around the legs of furniture and mildew in the tub/shower. Overall, the rooms were okay, but could have used a deep cleaning.

Our room was near the elevator and ice. You hear the ding of the elevator and the ice machine all night, but that did not bother me much.

The breakfast buffet was really good.

The shuttle not only takes you to and from the parking lot, but will also take you around town. If you have issues with the steep hills and stairs, you might want to use the shuttle. The shuttle driver was very nice. even though it is a free shuttle, I tipped the driver.

The thing that upset me the most about this hotel was that the front desk lied to me more than once.

First, upon check-in, I asked if there was a resort fee, gratuity, tax, or any other fee in addition to the cost of the room. The front desk staff assured me the only extra fee on top of the rental rate was for taxes. I specifically asked if I would be charged for conveniences like internet service. He again told me, "No." There was some sort of a fee on my final bill for convenience/services. There was also a gratuity (I think it was 3%, but I do not have my bill with me right now.) to be shared by all the employees. The receipt did note that I could ask for this gratuity to be removed upon checking out. I did not even ask, because, by the time we checked out, they had already lied to me twice.

The second bold face lie perpetrated by the front desk concerned the rental rate. Another couple we knew were staying at the hotel that weekend. Their rate was half of our rate. I asked the front desk if they could adjust my rate to match theirs. He told me he would not and informed me that their rate was a "walk up" rate. He said he could not give me that rate since I had made advance reservations. I know this is not true because the other couple had advance reservations just like us.

I will return to Eureka Springs, but I probably will not stay at the Basin Park Hotel again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to 1905 Basin Park Hotel? Share your experiences!