“Historic hotel in the heart of downtown Eureka Springs!” 5 of 5 stars

1905 Basin Park Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   12 Spring St, Eureka Springs, AR 72632   |
Ranked #13 of 37 Hotels in Eureka Springs
Eureka Springs, Arkansas
“Historic hotel in the heart of downtown Eureka Springs!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the Basin Park Hotel. I stayed in a corner jacuzzi room, room 403. Great view, big jacuzzi and a public balcony right outside my door overlooking the Basin Spring Park. There is a complimentary shuttle service that will drive you around the downtown area and pick you up and take you to the hotel parking lot. The staff is really friendly unlike the uptight, stiff sort of employees you would find at a big chain hotel. The restaurant has a wide variety of savory meals to choose from that are reasonable priced. If you stay on the weekends (like I did) your room comes with a complimentary breakfast buffet with omelet station. There is also a cool rooftop bar with pool tables on the 6th floor. The location of the hotel is excellent. You just walk out the front door and all the shops, bars and restaurants are right there. When I asked about the activity charge on my bill, the front desk explained it to me. For $6.65 per night you get wifi, 2 historic tour tickets, discounts to local shops and access to the Crescent Hotel activities and pool. Plus the shuttle service that will drive you up there. I think that's a great deal for an extra $6.65 per night extra!

I read some of the other reviews people have posted about the Basin before I chose to stay there and decided to give it a shot. I've came to the realization after staying there myself that the negative reviews are coming from people who are used to staying at the Embassy Suites or something. This is a historic hotel. You have to expect a little noise and antique furniture. Some people just can't be pleased though. I was very pleased. It was a unique experience and will return again. I'll also recommend the Basin Park Hotel to my friends.

Room Tip: Get a King jacuzzi room or a King Suite. They are both on either corners of the hotel with great vi...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
macdevelopment, Manager at 1905 Basin Park Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at the historic Basin Park Hotel. We look forward to seeing you soon on your next visit to the Basin Park where the most FUN happens in downtown Eureka Springs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Fayetteville, AR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Avoid the 5th floor , and the 4th floor if a wedding is scheduled that day. For a vintage hotel, it's nice, but if you want the comforts of modern hotels, you will be a little disappointed. Problems we encountered were addressed, the next day. I didn't rest well due to noisy conditions above my room. Breakfast buffet was pretty good. Parking is done by shuttle, so don't be in a hurry to get in/out to your car...and it doesn't run after 11PM.

Room Tip: avoid 4th and 5th floors
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are sincerely glad you enjoyed the vintage ambiance of our historic hotel. We are also glad to know that any problems you encountered were addressed by the staff on hand at the time of your stay. We apologize for any inconvenience you encountered during your stay due to the approximation of your room to the hotel bar, as it can be a bit noisy. We want to make sure that your next night with us provides a good night's rest. We look forward to your next visit and hope to see you again soon.
Hollister, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Me and my now husband stayed here 4-22-13. Thought this would be a great place to start our honeymoon.....WRONG!!!!! Our room was horrible! Couldnt close the bathroom door, bed was hard as a rock, this place has NOT been maintained. Went to the lucky 7 bar on the top floor and as i ranback down to our room my fiance stayed to get us drinks, when i got back up there the bartender hadnt even awknowledged him so i sat down and after another 5 min or so she finally asked us what we wanted. So we ordered a captain and coke, for a short cocktail we paid over $6 and there wasnt any alcohol in it. Tried finding the hot tub on the balcony and never did find the enterance. I will say the shuttle drivers were very nice, other than that....THIS PLACE SUCKED AND WE WILL NOT BE BACK!!!! Waste of TIME & MONEY!

Room Tip: Go to Sugar Ridge Resort it worth every penny!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to post a review of your visit. We apologize for any inconveniences you encountered during your stay. The review of your unsatisfactory experience with service in the Lucky 7 Rooftop Billiards bar will be reported to the appropriate department as we welcome suggestions for improvements. We are sorry your room did not meet your expectations for your honeymoon stay. Because the property is a historic building, we have and maintain most of the original furnishings, including doors such as the one you encountered difficulties with, in order to embrace the culture and character of the building. We have two full time maintenance employees and an executive housekeeper who consistently work toward room improvements. We are happy to know that our shuttle drivers provided hospitable service for you and your husband. We hope that you will reconsider and visit the Basin Park again in the future.
Columbia, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We were very pleased with our stay at the Basin Park. Our spa suite was quiet, clean and spacious. All hotel personnel were delightful. The spa experience was amazing, best massage I ever had, from Kaitlin. It was great being able to walk to so many shops while having the shuttle service available to take you anywhere else in town. We felt overall the basin is a very good value. Super friendly, lots of good tips about the town, historic and charming. Eureka is also very beautiful in the spring, overall a very nice trip and we will return.

Room Tip: Our spa suite was very quiet although the view from the window was only a rooftop. We felt like we h...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Heart of America
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Like most of the other reviewers, I will say that this hotel has a great location and much charm.

We had a room on the third floor. Overall, it was fairly clean. Like another recent review noted, there was dust around the legs of furniture and mildew in the tub/shower. Overall, the rooms were okay, but could have used a deep cleaning.

Our room was near the elevator and ice. You hear the ding of the elevator and the ice machine all night, but that did not bother me much.

The breakfast buffet was really good.

The shuttle not only takes you to and from the parking lot, but will also take you around town. If you have issues with the steep hills and stairs, you might want to use the shuttle. The shuttle driver was very nice. even though it is a free shuttle, I tipped the driver.

The thing that upset me the most about this hotel was that the front desk lied to me more than once.

First, upon check-in, I asked if there was a resort fee, gratuity, tax, or any other fee in addition to the cost of the room. The front desk staff assured me the only extra fee on top of the rental rate was for taxes. I specifically asked if I would be charged for conveniences like internet service. He again told me, "No." There was some sort of a fee on my final bill for convenience/services. There was also a gratuity (I think it was 3%, but I do not have my bill with me right now.) to be shared by all the employees. The receipt did note that I could ask for this gratuity to be removed upon checking out. I did not even ask, because, by the time we checked out, they had already lied to me twice.

The second bold face lie perpetrated by the front desk concerned the rental rate. Another couple we knew were staying at the hotel that weekend. Their rate was half of our rate. I asked the front desk if they could adjust my rate to match theirs. He told me he would not and informed me that their rate was a "walk up" rate. He said he could not give me that rate since I had made advance reservations. I know this is not true because the other couple had advance reservations just like us.

I will return to Eureka Springs, but I probably will not stay at the Basin Park Hotel again.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

After much research, we selected the Basin Park based on location and room accessibility. I was traveling with my 75 year old Mother and needed fairly accessible accommodations. We wanted to be in the heart of Eureka near the shops and Basin Park is as central as you can get. It is directly adjacent to the park where they have daily music and lots of activity. My Mom has some limitations in walking long distances and some difficulty with stairs. We found that many of the hotels directly in Eureka do NOT have elevators or they have steep staircases. Basin Park does have an elevator (that is very old and slow) and it is in the middle of the town which allows access in either direction to shops and places to eat. They also have an onsite resteraunt and the breakfast on the balcony overlooking the town is a great location. The parking is NOT directly at the hotel but they have a free shuttle service to the lot if you want and the lot is within easy walking distance for anyone in reasonably good shape. There is a cut through you can take with a long flight of stairs to get to the parking lot but I had not trouble walking back and forth the parking lot and preferred that over the shuttle. They have a temporary loading zone in front of the hotel that I used to pick up and drop off my Mom. The hotel has lots of history and is definitely old so don't expect a new hotel. The beds were great. We had a large suite with a direct porch off our room that overlooked the park. The room was on the lowest floor possible for rooms and that required only 1 flight of stairs that were easy for my Mom to handle. Tip - The elevator does NOT go to the 1st floor of room. The Lobby is considered L and the first floor of room is actually the 2nd floor in the hotel but they call the 2nd floor the 1st floor. Also, the restaraunt is on the 3rd floor which is above the rooms on the 2nd floor. You can definitely hear any furniture being moved around above you. The rooms are NOT quiet but it is an old hotel. We also could hear the water dripping off the side of the hotel outside our room all night as it rained but we didn't mind the noise. Our room also did NOT have shower. That was a surprise to us but again we didn't mind. There was a very large jacuzzi tub with a hand shower wand that could be used if you did not want to take a bath. It did seem odd there was not actual shower to use. In any event, overall the staff was nice, room was clean and the location was exactly what we wanted. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are in a room below the restaurant you can hear all the furniture moving above you. However...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Let me start by saying I do not post reviews as a hotel manager I dislike TripAdvisor but after multiple attempts and no return phone calls or apologies here it is. A group of us decided to get away for a weekend to Eureka Springs and this time decided to splurge and stay in downtown. After getting a fair enough price for Jacuzzi Suites at the Basin Park we booked. We had 2 rooms that had wonderful views and oversized Jacuzzis. The hotel had a lot of charcter. The beds were low to the floor and not comfortable, but even that could be overlooked. The room may have been cleaned but not with any effort or pride. (As you can see from the pictures.) The edges of the room had an obvious layer of dust about an inch wide all the way around. The bathroom would make you wonder if the even cared as mold was growing in the floor grout and in the shower itself was an obvious 1ft by 1ft patch of mold. By anyones standards this was not clean. I ask the desk the next morning to have this taken care of and they said they would, no apology though. When we returned after a great day out on the town nothing had been done. The next morning at checkout I reiterated my concerns again no apology and no offer of anything. I left a comment card with my contact information-NOTHING. I called twice-NO RETURN CALLS. All that I can say is the must not care about repeat business or referrals. As a manager of a Branson Hotel I reccommend to everyone avoid the BAsin Park Hotel and the Crescent Hotel not worth the money and they are filthy. The restaurant at the hotel was great food and service. The bar on top floor great little place but no service and not very friendly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to 1905 Basin Park Hotel? Share your experiences!