“wonderful choice for girlfriend getaway” 4 of 5 stars

1905 Basin Park Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   12 Spring St, Eureka Springs, AR 72632   |
Ranked #24 of 36 hotels in Eureka Springs
Columbia, Missouri
“wonderful choice for girlfriend getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We were very pleased with our stay at the Basin Park. Our spa suite was quiet, clean and spacious. All hotel personnel were delightful. The spa experience was amazing, best massage I ever had, from Kaitlin. It was great being able to walk to so many shops while having the shuttle service available to take you anywhere else in town. We felt overall the basin is a very good value. Super friendly, lots of good tips about the town, historic and charming. Eureka is also very beautiful in the spring, overall a very nice trip and we will return.

Room Tip: Our spa suite was very quiet although the view from the window was only a rooftop. We felt like we h...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

409 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Heart of America
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Like most of the other reviewers, I will say that this hotel has a great location and much charm.

We had a room on the third floor. Overall, it was fairly clean. Like another recent review noted, there was dust around the legs of furniture and mildew in the tub/shower. Overall, the rooms were okay, but could have used a deep cleaning.

Our room was near the elevator and ice. You hear the ding of the elevator and the ice machine all night, but that did not bother me much.

The breakfast buffet was really good.

The shuttle not only takes you to and from the parking lot, but will also take you around town. If you have issues with the steep hills and stairs, you might want to use the shuttle. The shuttle driver was very nice. even though it is a free shuttle, I tipped the driver.

The thing that upset me the most about this hotel was that the front desk lied to me more than once.

First, upon check-in, I asked if there was a resort fee, gratuity, tax, or any other fee in addition to the cost of the room. The front desk staff assured me the only extra fee on top of the rental rate was for taxes. I specifically asked if I would be charged for conveniences like internet service. He again told me, "No." There was some sort of a fee on my final bill for convenience/services. There was also a gratuity (I think it was 3%, but I do not have my bill with me right now.) to be shared by all the employees. The receipt did note that I could ask for this gratuity to be removed upon checking out. I did not even ask, because, by the time we checked out, they had already lied to me twice.

The second bold face lie perpetrated by the front desk concerned the rental rate. Another couple we knew were staying at the hotel that weekend. Their rate was half of our rate. I asked the front desk if they could adjust my rate to match theirs. He told me he would not and informed me that their rate was a "walk up" rate. He said he could not give me that rate since I had made advance reservations. I know this is not true because the other couple had advance reservations just like us.

I will return to Eureka Springs, but I probably will not stay at the Basin Park Hotel again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

After much research, we selected the Basin Park based on location and room accessibility. I was traveling with my 75 year old Mother and needed fairly accessible accommodations. We wanted to be in the heart of Eureka near the shops and Basin Park is as central as you can get. It is directly adjacent to the park where they have daily music and lots of activity. My Mom has some limitations in walking long distances and some difficulty with stairs. We found that many of the hotels directly in Eureka do NOT have elevators or they have steep staircases. Basin Park does have an elevator (that is very old and slow) and it is in the middle of the town which allows access in either direction to shops and places to eat. They also have an onsite resteraunt and the breakfast on the balcony overlooking the town is a great location. The parking is NOT directly at the hotel but they have a free shuttle service to the lot if you want and the lot is within easy walking distance for anyone in reasonably good shape. There is a cut through you can take with a long flight of stairs to get to the parking lot but I had not trouble walking back and forth the parking lot and preferred that over the shuttle. They have a temporary loading zone in front of the hotel that I used to pick up and drop off my Mom. The hotel has lots of history and is definitely old so don't expect a new hotel. The beds were great. We had a large suite with a direct porch off our room that overlooked the park. The room was on the lowest floor possible for rooms and that required only 1 flight of stairs that were easy for my Mom to handle. Tip - The elevator does NOT go to the 1st floor of room. The Lobby is considered L and the first floor of room is actually the 2nd floor in the hotel but they call the 2nd floor the 1st floor. Also, the restaraunt is on the 3rd floor which is above the rooms on the 2nd floor. You can definitely hear any furniture being moved around above you. The rooms are NOT quiet but it is an old hotel. We also could hear the water dripping off the side of the hotel outside our room all night as it rained but we didn't mind the noise. Our room also did NOT have shower. That was a surprise to us but again we didn't mind. There was a very large jacuzzi tub with a hand shower wand that could be used if you did not want to take a bath. It did seem odd there was not actual shower to use. In any event, overall the staff was nice, room was clean and the location was exactly what we wanted. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are in a room below the restaurant you can hear all the furniture moving above you. However...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Let me start by saying I do not post reviews as a hotel manager I dislike TripAdvisor but after multiple attempts and no return phone calls or apologies here it is. A group of us decided to get away for a weekend to Eureka Springs and this time decided to splurge and stay in downtown. After getting a fair enough price for Jacuzzi Suites at the Basin Park we booked. We had 2 rooms that had wonderful views and oversized Jacuzzis. The hotel had a lot of charcter. The beds were low to the floor and not comfortable, but even that could be overlooked. The room may have been cleaned but not with any effort or pride. (As you can see from the pictures.) The edges of the room had an obvious layer of dust about an inch wide all the way around. The bathroom would make you wonder if the even cared as mold was growing in the floor grout and in the shower itself was an obvious 1ft by 1ft patch of mold. By anyones standards this was not clean. I ask the desk the next morning to have this taken care of and they said they would, no apology though. When we returned after a great day out on the town nothing had been done. The next morning at checkout I reiterated my concerns again no apology and no offer of anything. I left a comment card with my contact information-NOTHING. I called twice-NO RETURN CALLS. All that I can say is the must not care about repeat business or referrals. As a manager of a Branson Hotel I reccommend to everyone avoid the BAsin Park Hotel and the Crescent Hotel not worth the money and they are filthy. The restaurant at the hotel was great food and service. The bar on top floor great little place but no service and not very friendly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Joplin, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This is a 100 year hotel with character. Paper thin walls. Pets allowed, non smoking. Breakfast was great and resort prices for alcohol, Rooms clean and the beds okay. HOWEVER STAY AWAY from rooms 505-511 they are under the pool table bar and even thpough they stated closed at 11:30pm we were kept awake by a herd of elephants dropping bowling pins till 2am Friday and 12:30am Saturday. Then front desk says they were going to move us next day but "missed" us, they had my cell and no notes left on door or in room as we were in and out. If assigned these rooms and you dont plan to stay up LATE then don't take them.

Room Tip: 3rd floor seems to be quietest ask for rooms away from ice machine
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
macdevelopment, Manager at 1905 Basin Park Hotel, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your room tips for those that prefer early quiet nights. We will look into the Lucky 7 hours and make sure they are posted correctly. We apologize for the way the front desk handled your room move. We will suggest a better way to go about it for the future. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit on the third floor.
Springdale, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed here during St. Patty's Day weekend, when the whole town was packed. Right out of the box, we had an issue with the parking. There is a lot that is separate from the hotel on a different street. There is signage indicating that it is Basin Park Hotel parking, but there is nothing indicating that there is a shuttle service. For all we knew, we would have had to walk. After calling the Hotel, we were told that there is a phone at the parking lot that you pick up to auto-dial a shuttle service. However, there is no sign anywhere near the phone indicating this.

As far as the Hotel itself, it is historic, and in arguably the best location in Eureka Springs. The rooms are small, but have everything you would need. We loved the architecture and vintage decor, down to the walls, carpets, and every detail. However, the walls are very thin. You can hear everything around you and above you, so privacy is definitely out of the question. We ate lunch at the Balcony Restaurant, and can't recommend it enough. Great burgers, nachos, and probably the best bloody mary I've ever had from a bar. We also shot some pool up on the top level, which was relatively quiet, despite being a very busy weekend.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your review. Your review of the missing signage for the shuttle is noted and will be addressed and taken care of. We are very pleased you enjoyed the hotel and the amenities within. Sound does travel well through the hotel and that is proven to be caused by the age. Some weekends, such as St Patrick's Day celebrations in the heart of downtown, are busier then others. We look forward to seeing you on your next stay.
Texarkana, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on our 30th anniversary. It reminds me of a hotel out the Wild West as I half expected to run into the likes of Bat Masterson around a halls. I found the place cozy and quaint while the wife was less than pleased. Probably will choose another place on our next visit.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the Basin Park hotel to celebrate your anniversary. Happy Anniversary form our staff. We appreciate your review and glad that you enjoyed the hotel. We look forward to improving your spouses opinion about the property. Please email crescentactivities@gmail.com to acquire about your next stay. We look forward to your next stay.

Been to 1905 Basin Park Hotel? Share your experiences!