“Friendly, comfortable, affordable - more than worth the money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Scandia Inn Bed and Breakfast

Scandia Inn Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Scandia Inn Bed and Breakfast
227 W. Van Buren, Eureka Springs, AR 72632   |
Ranked #36 of 76 Eureka Springs B&B and Inns
Topeka, KS
“Friendly, comfortable, affordable - more than worth the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I and my 89 year old mother spent 4 days at Scandia Inn. It was a great experience. The owners are wonderfully warm and friendly and inviting. The room was cozy, quaint and comfortable. The FULL breakfast every morning was incredible. Definitely a full breakfast. It kept us going well into the afternoon. AND it was different each day. The Inn is located in a great spot with easy access to everything. If there was anything that I didn't care for it was the proximity to the road. It was a bit noisy at times. There was an outdoor hot tub under a gazebo outside our room. I would recommend with confidence and will return there myself. The Inn has a charm about it that reminds you of times when places to stay had character and personality.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

23 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Southlake, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We enjoyed our three-day visit to Eureka Springs, AR for a number of reasons, but #1 on the list was our stay at the Scandia Inn hosted by innkeepers, Libby and Bill Freeland.

The updated motor court was authentic and fun. My grandparents owned a motor court when I was a child, so I was immediately intrigued by taking a step back in time. And Libby and Bill stayed true to the 50's-60's furnishings, lamps, and accessories while providing the most personal of service that included delicious breakfasts in their home and extra attention such as bringing out wine glasses when friends dropped by to join us for a drink on the shaded porch right outside our rooms.

Scandia Inn is conveniently located on Hwy. 62 (a busy road with the accompanying noise, but not enough to keep us from staying there again) and a few minutes from the main street through historic Eureka Springs. Our group of 3 stayed in adjoining units with 2 full baths and parking right outside our doors.

Libby and Bill gave us such personal attention, it was like staying with friends.
Loved it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I went here last weekend on a whim with my boyfriend. We just drove down the strip and happened to pop in. The price was great, especially for a Eureka Springs Event Weekend. The room was very clean, and the jacuzzi was very clean and private for when we came back to the B&B later. Very comfy bed and nice TV with Ipod plugins. There is a gas station across the street convenient for a little wine and snacks to put in the refrigerator. The next morning, the breakfast was phenomenal!!! Ham, eggs, and toast with OJ and coffee. Here is the best part. As we were leaving, I noticed at the last second that my sapphire ring had fallen off of my finger. We spent the next 30 minutes looking in every nook and cranny in the room. I went to inform the keeper, Bill, what happened. Not only did he help us look, but asked for our information if it turned up. After I left brokenhearted, he continued to look and called us about thirty minutes later to tell us he found it (under the nightstand, gosh!) I guess we were just too frantic in the moment. I will stay here from now on, because these owners are honest and just plain nice! You can't get a deal this great at any place I've ever been in Eureka. It is only a 3-4 minute drive from the Historic District as well.

Room Tip: For the couples that are traveling together, I would recommend the room with the private balcony or...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Ottumwa, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

This was the perfect getaway to spend our anniversary. The room was decorated in a wonderful vintage style and was very clean. We loved the private back deck. Bill and Libby are very friendly and went out of their way to make us comfortable. This B&B is highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Monticello, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

So glad I chose this b&b. Very sweet and friendly hosts. You even get animal hosts. Made me feel at home the whole time. Can't wait to go back in Nov. without the bike so I can shop more. Totally enjoyed the breakfasts in the am and the hot tub in the pm. I would definitely recommend the Scandia Inn of you are in the Eureka Springs area!

• Stayed June 2012
Wright City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

Scandia Inn mixes just the right amount of antiques and modern conveniences to make your stay truly romantic. Even though it's right on the main road the individual and double cabins are solitary and peaceful and make it seem as if you are in the middle of the woods. The rooms were very clean and decorated with well chosen comfortable furniture and decor. Bill and Libby made sure our weekend was relaxing and had delicious food every morning for breakfast. Will be back in the fall for another wonderful weekend.

Room Tip: The larger single cabin is well worth the upgrade! Has a wonderful, large sauna, hot tub in it.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

Bill & Libby went out of their way in providing a terrific getaway as we celebrated our wedding anniversary this weekend. Without a doubt, this was the cleanest room I've ever stayed in. The room was of vintage decor and well done. In fact, my wife made the bed before leaving. When I asked her why, she said she just couldn't leave the beautiful quilt left in a heap.The bathroom was rather small but again they make up for it in cleanliness. There were plenty of cable channels to choose from and the TV screen a bit small. But we just watched Netflix on my laptop via their wireless internet. Breakfast was terrific and the conversation even better. When we return next year, we'll again book our room at the Scandia.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Scandia Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!