“We did not want to leave and can't wait to return!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pond Mountain Lodge and Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Pond Mountain Lodge and Resort
You added Pond Mountain Lodge and Resort to your Saves list
1218 Highway 23 South, Eureka Springs, AR 72632   |
Ranked #24 of 74 Eureka Springs B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Pittsburg, Kansas
“We did not want to leave and can't wait to return!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

LOVED our stay at Pond Mountain at the end of May! Judy was a gracious hostess--available but never intrusive. Steve was wonderful with our kids and a kind soul. We stayed in the Hummingbird Suite, which allowed the kids to each have their own bed with a little privacy for mom & dad! The tranquility was priceless. Loved being able to cook our meals, including grilling. The kids were able to run and play rather than being told be quiet like in a traditional hotel setting. Everyone got a chance to relax and play--kids and grown-ups alike, without anyone getting bored or restless. Finding a break in our busy schedule will be a priority so we can go back soon!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Steves stables is a must do in eureka springs. Steve is a wonderful gentleman and makes your trail ride very enjoyable. We didnt get the opportunity to stay at the lodge but will our next trip. If it rates 1/2 of what our horse ride rated it has to be off the charts. Go see steve, you will have a great time !!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

My partener and I wanted a beautiful place to rest relax and have our wedding, this was the place! The peace was more than we could have asked for and the staff helping to make our day special was amazing. We will definitely be back to stay again. Thank you!

• Stayed June 2013
pondmountainlodge, Owner at Pond Mountain Lodge and Resort, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Thank you so much for the feedback and support. We look forward to seeing you again on your anniversary (or before!).
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

What a treat to find such a comfortable and quiet place to stay, so close (5 minutes!) to all the great restaurants and attractions in Eureka Springs - yet it feels absolutely pristine and private. The very best moment: being able to mix up a cocktail in my own kitchen (just the way I like it!) and then set up a chair under a tree, on a big lawn, and watch the sunset play over the sky. And all of it completely private, with no other buildings or guests or lights visible.

I explored the Main Lodge building and grounds a little bit, enjoyed the landscaping and architecture and hearing about the history of the place, and was delighted by sitting out on the front terrace to enjoy the tremendous view - 30 miles over the Ozarks, really spectacular. Innkeeper Judy was warm and welcoming - she's a fascinating person, and we had great conversations.

I stayed in the Roadrunner cabin - roomy and very comfortable, country without being kitschy, with a sizable back porch, and surrounded by lawn and woods so that the setting is practically invisible, and not at all claustrophobic. Really appreciated the sizable jacuzzi tub and the comfy bed. And as noted, I like having a full size kitchen that's not in the bedroom!

If I'd had more time, I would have hiked or ridden the horses around the property; if it were summer I would have swum in the pool; if I my family had been with me, we would have fished in the ponds. In other words, I am going to have to come back to enjoy all that Pond Mountain has to offer!

I was in Eureka Springs on a business trip, actually looking at a lot of competing lodging properties in the area, and I can assure you that Pond Mountain Lodge is unique, and a terrific value.

Room Tip: The cabins are so private; you even have outdoor space all to yourself, with no other rooms or cabin...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Bossier City, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

If you are looking for peace and serenity, this is the place. We (me, my husband and sister) stayed from 5-31-13 to 6-4-13 in the Hummingbird Suite, which was quiet large. This place is like staying with family or friends. Judy (the owner) participates as much or as little as you need without you feeling ignored. You will not have housekeeping knocking on your door every morning unless you want them. The grounds are beautiful. It is only 2.1 miles from town so that everything is convenient but you are out of the noise. You can take advantage of the large pool, fish in the pond, walk the trails, horseback ride or just sit and enjoy the grounds and sounds of nature. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
pondmountainlodge, Owner at Pond Mountain Lodge and Resort, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you very much for your detailed and kind review. I also appreciated how you "resonated" with the resort while you were here! I love it when my guests love this environment as much as I do! Thank you!!
Judy
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Pond Mountain is an estate guest house with suites, some full apartments above a pool house, and three large cabins out in the woods. Large swimming pool, stables and riding horses, hiking trail, fishing ponds, views for a hundred miles (it's the highest mountain in the county). Perfect for families or couples seeking a romantic getaway. I've stayed here five times, and I can't rave about it enough. Judy gives great restaurant and tourist advice. So the thing that is most special about Pond Mountain is the serenity and the proximity. You're in your own quiet little world, three miles outside of Eureka Springs and all its attractions. I've stayed here winter and summer. Whenever I get within 100 miles, I always go here. Peaceful, regenerative. You'll love it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
pondmountainlodge, Owner at Pond Mountain Lodge and Resort, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you, kind sir, for you continued support. We always look forward to your return!
Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Judy the owner was Awesome!!!! She took care of my wife and I. Any questions I had she answered and even gave us good places to eat and things too do. I will for sure be common back. Also very beautiful land and the horse back rides were wonderful!!!! Thanks again Judy. Brandon

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Pond Mountain Lodge and Resort? Share your experiences!