“Best weekend ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Monticello, Arkansas
“Best weekend ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Wow...that's all I can say! My boyfriend, Tyler and I stayed in the "Venice" tree house this past weekend. It was a birthday surprise for Tyler and a chance for us to get away together. I was so impressed with Oakcrest and the treehouse. The weeks leading up to our trip, I would email them almost daily asking questions about the the city (what to do, where to eat, etc). They never once ignored the emails or made me feel like it was a bother...and they gave GREAT advice. I got the "birthday package" and the 'spa package". When we arrived at our GORGEOUS treehouse, they had decorated it with birthday decorations for Tyler, along with a cake and champagne. They also gave us some spa goodies to try out in our jacuzzi. The massages that they set up for us the next day were AMAZING. It was so relaxing and the ladies there was so friendly. The treehouse was so clean and neatly decorated...we regretted having to leave it to go do anything. When we checked in, they gave us a map and suggestions on their favorite resturants in town. LOCAL FLAVOR CAFE is a must. it was amazing. I can't say enough about how awesome our stay at the treehouse was. I suggest it to anyone wanting a relaxing and fun weekend away. Tyler and I have already been looking to see which treehouse we want to try out next. Thank you Don, Elaine, and the staff....you definitely have made an impression on us and we will be back soon!!! :)

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I visited the Oak Crest Cottages in a few days following our Christmas rush. It was a great, peaceful option. It was a very picturesque little spot down the curvy highway 62. Our little stone cabin (#8) was delightful. We were greeted with a personal note and snacks. There was a little electric fireplace, which was great (it was cold and snowing outside). The bed was incredibly comfortable... so comfortable that I want an exact replica at my own house! The only downside was that I would definitely pick a tree house next time instead of a cabin because the cabin views appeared to be beautiful and very quiet (further back on the lot).

Room Tip: Pick a tree house if possible.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Tulsa, OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed in the Mountain Chalet. It is very spacious, clean, and beautiful. Check in was too simple. Music was playing when we walked in and there was a sweet note and snack basket waiting for us. The pictures do not do this place justice. The lighted trees really are a nice mood setter...no candles needed. The bed is king size and very comfy. The west(i think) wall is mostly windows to the top of the cathedral ceiling...looking out onto the huge deck that overlooks a nice wooded area...very peaceful. There is a glider for two and a bistro table for two on the deck. There is a CD player that will play music out there as well, the neighbors probably found this out before we did....we turned it on not knowing it was playing loudly outside;) There is a beautiful gas fireplace used to heat the chalet...works great and is thermostat controlled...just loved it!!! There is a very nice flat screen tv above the fireplace that you can easily watch from the super comfy king sized bed. There is a nice reclining love seat to enjoy the fireplace and tv...they have a few movies for you to enjoy or you can bring some from home. The two person jacuzzi is huge...tucked away with nice lighting on a dimmer switch to set the mood for romance or relaxation. There is a coffee maker, mini fridge with freezer, and microwave in a cute kitchenette area...there are 2 sets of dishes and silverware, they have coffee, creamer, and sweetener for you.. No cooking area...who wants to cook on vacation anyway:) there is a nice size closet with hangers, ironing board and iron. The bathroom....has a hair dryer and shampoo/body wash....not sure...in the shower...all of the towels are very soft and nice, I want to be honest in my review...but I do not want to complain because this place is awesome! ...I have a 5x5 shower at home...this shower...is small... But sufficient. We were greeted by 8-10 deer at our front door last night! My husband wanted me to make sure and tell you how comfy the bed was....it was great! You will not be disappointed...it is minutes from downtown and there is a trolley stop right out front! I am a spoiled traveler and I was not disappointed....and you will not be either.

Room Tip: We loved the Mountain Chalet...easy to get to...huge...beautiful...peaceful....affordable!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We had are wedding here, are stay here was great we loved it we booked the mountain chalet very nice and roomy liked the kitchenette the special touches to the room was great,jacuzzi was great just all around great accomidations my wife and I will be booking at oak crest again thanks don and dawn Mark and Mayva

• Stayed January 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

when arriving at the Winery Chateau Treehouse, the fireplace was lit, welcome cd was playing, snack basket and thank you card on the table. very nice attention to details. the treehouse was clean, bed was comfy, large whirlpool tub, nice tv and dvd for movies, great views from the balcony, very quiet and secluded. great place to kick back and relax!!

Room Tip: " treehouses are definitely the best rooms and worth the extra $
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

When we first got there, they had music playing and it was clean. They give you a snack basket and we had a bath basket with a few goodies. We had our wedding at the waterfall and it was amazing! They actually seem to care, they were both sweet about everything. The pictures they took were great. The "wedding surprise"... WOW! They put candles out everywhere, they had soft music playing, wine, I was shocked when we walked in the door. They really do pay attention to the little details and want to make it very special. Most places wont do these things anymore. We are planning on going back soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We were hoping to stay in the Thornton suite for a little get away but was unable due to booking so we stayed in the Napa Valley cottage. When we arrived there was a welcome cd playing as well as a welcome snack basket with a hand written thank you card for our stay. That alone was impressive as no one hand writes anything anymore! :) the cottage was quaint & relaxing set outside of Eureka Springs but still close enough for everything. It was a perfect set up for a quick getaway from the hustle of our usual lives. We enjoyed our stay very much and cannot wait to come again!

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Oak Crest Cottages and Treehouses? Share your experiences!