“romantic holiday ruined” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Belladonna Cottage

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Belladonna Cottage
You added Belladonna Cottage to your Saves list
12 Echols, Eureka Springs, AR 72632   |
Ranked #12 of 74 Eureka Springs B&B and Inns
Kansas City, Missouri
“romantic holiday ruined”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2010

My fiance and I had a reservation at The Belladonna last fall, but our vacation never happened. I could write a story about the bizarre way our reservation was cancelled, but in a nutshell, it was so unprofessional and ridiculous, that all I can say is this: double check your reservation before arrival! I called 2 weeks before our stay to ask about the cancellation policy. I was very clear that we were NOT canceling (we have a small dog and I was inquiring if we could bring her).We had already paid the $100 deposit. The week of our arrival I called to confirm and was I was told by Patty, the owner, that she had booked our space to somebody else. I was incredulous! When I asked why she did this, never calling me to inquire, etc, she FLIPPED OUT. She began yelling at me, hung up on me! I swear!........BIZARRE! So....we never went, it took almost a month to get our refund deposit, and when we got it, she only refunded $80. So our weekend was ruined, and we were out $20. I have never seen or experienced anything like this! Be careful. Obviously, the Belladonna is popular, but the owner is bizarre and volatile.

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
belladonna42, Owner at Belladonna Cottage, responded to this review, July 6, 2010
I have sat with this for quite sometime trying to think how to respond to what
basically is a character assassination, and a very incomplete story. Although you
would think from the review that pink girl and I only had this one involvement ,
that is not the case. She has stayed with me before which was a pleasant experience
for both of us, She has booked with me before and she has canceled with me before.
On this occasion Pink girl called to cancel again , contrary to her version it was
short of the 2 weeks cancellation policy time frame. I assured her that I felt I
could still book the suite for that week end , as it was in season and that if I
did, I would refund her deposit less a $20 cancellation fee. This was a courtesy I
extended to her, it was not required.
Her story was that her boy friend had broken up and would not be coming. After a
lengthly conversation she said maybe she needed a break any way and that if she
could find someone to watch her dog she would still like to come by her self. She
promised to call me back in 24 hours to confirm one way or the other so I would
still have time to book the suite. 5 days went by, no word from Pink girl, I had an
opportunity to book the suite, so I did. I assumed since we had already discussed
refunding her deposit and she didnt call back, that she wasnt coming. Finally 6 days
after our initial conversation she called, said her and her boy friend got back
together and began talking about their arrival in 3 days. When I reminded her that
she had promised to call me back in 24 hours so I could possibly rebook it, she said
she forgot". She became indignant, threaten me with bad reviews and went on to say
many more things, in a tone, all of which left me feeling disrespected both
personally and professionally. She took no personal responsibility. I ended the
conversation. A week later we had another conversation over the phone in which she
apologized, as I did , for the mix up.
I refunded her money in the time frame I told her I would which is the first of the
month. Six months pass... she writes this review.
In reference to her adjectives directed toward me, I will admit to being a sensitive,
passionate and spirited individual, with limits. The bottom line here is that I love The
Belladonna, I love what I do and I deeply care that who ever chooses to stay at the Belladonna
is glad they did. Thank you for your time. Yours truly, Patti

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
fort worth, texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2010

From the time i entered the B&B it felt compy, cozy and serene.. the owner, Patti, was most gracious and accomodating... after explaining where everything was and giving us a summary of the town she left us alone with her telephone number in case we needed anything else...From dawn to dusk we were surrounded by nature and beauty... seemingly friendly deer, racoons beautiful birds with the Ozark mountains as a backdrop..
the art in the rooms, the soothing music, the quietness of the area, all made for a very relaxing time away fron the city... and best of all NO TV....we could watch movies and just relax...
i stayed on street level and my friend stayed on the garden level... both were equally enjoyable...
will we return again.. YOU CAN BET WE WILL....Maybe in the spring time when to town is full of adventures, new sights and new sounds..
BY THE WAY.. The web site is beautiful, but being there is better...

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
fayetteville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2010

The Belladonna is our absolute Favorite place to stay in Eureka. The owner, Patty, is an amazing woman, with lots of helpful ideas about places to eat, shop, ect.....It beats the Tree Houses even. We have stayed there 3 times in the last year! First time we stayed was in July on our for our summer vacation getaway-we only stayed for 2 nights. We stayed in the upper level. It's very artsy and personal! The outdoor porch was amazing and we even slept in the bed outside the second night. The sound of nature was SO RELAXING! The jacuzi was fabulous! The 2nd time we stayed was in October on my birthday, and it was even better! Once again stayed in upper level-at that point we decided this was our place to come and get away! The music collection is amazing, the incense, the feel of the place is so welcoming. Then our 3rd stay was this year over New Year's. We weren't as excited about going bc the upper level was taken and we had to be in the lower level. We figured nothing could beat the upper level. We were wrong! The lower level is now our favorite. It has a cozier feeling! We stayed 3 days this last time and we were sad to leave. We can never get enough of the Belladonna! If you wanna get to know your better half better, and have nothing but time with them away from life, tv's, and the hussle and bussle-this is the place to go! If you wanna get away from it all and focus on your partner or just yourself this is the place to come! If you love art, music, candlelight, books, nature and Jacuzi's-this is the only place to be! We never leave to shop our anything bc we can't pull ourselves away from it. We load up on snacks, wine, candles, and food bc once we get there we enjoy it to the fullest and never leave! We can't wait until our next stay in July for a week:)!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
tulsa ok
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

my wife and i have been staying at the belladonna for the last 5 years and would recomend it to anybody most B&Bs feel like your staying at grandmas and you eat with people you dont know not the case with the belladonna our favorite is the garden level suite very nice a wonderful bed a kitchen a great tub on the patio you could stay in the suite for the entire time you are in eureka if it werent for the awesome restaurants and shopping 5min away downtown besure to read the journal in the room and add your own entry upstairs is nice as well with a bed on the balcony if your lucky you can see deer right off the patio wile your taking a bath it is an experience you will never forget if your going to eureka this is the only place to stay romantic sexy cozy you cant go wrong

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

Beautiful surroundings and luxurious accomondations. The art was fantastic. The owner is an excellent resource for finding the perfect activites in Eureka that made our getaway a romantic treat. We will be back. Our every need was taken care of from the beginning to end of our visit.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Tulsa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2009

My husband and I have celebrated our last 6 anniversaries in Eureka Springs. I found the Belladonna website in 2004 and it looked interesting. We booked our anniversary weekend there that year and we would not consider staying anywhere else. The words that come to mind to describe the Belladonna is magical, relaxing, artsy, comfortable, private & clean.
The location is perfect. It is very secluded yet only a 10 minute walk to the downtown area.
Patti, the B&B owner is a delight. We always look forward to visiting with her. She has wonderful suggestions on places to eat and happenings in Eureka.
Every year we have a different & great experience during our anniversay weekend in Eureka Springs. However, the thing that remains unchanged and consistent is the Belladonna.
Joe & I highly recommend the Belladonna.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2009

I stayed at the Belladonna at the recommendation of a friend, when I REALLY needed to get away. It is the perfect place to seriously unwind and regroup. The location and gardens are beautiful. The decor is classically Hip, whimsical, rich, sensual, at once exotic and homey. I suggest an extended stay if possible, because it takes a couple days to want to venture away into the town of Eureka Springs (which is definately worth doing). Still, I was glad to return to my digs! Patty, the owner/hostess, really knows how to make you feel at home and welcome. She even provides an extensive music selection, books, games, delicious organic breakfast makings, and graciously answers all your questions. All you have to do is relax, and it is inevitable at the Belladonna.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo

Been to Belladonna Cottage? Share your experiences!