“Should Be Number 1” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Topeka, Kansas
“Should Be Number 1”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

My wife and I visit Eureka Springs to eat at the Oasis. If we were told it was closed we probably would not go back, that's how much we like it. I have eaten in many places in my travels and beyond a doubt this is the quirkiest place with awesome food that I've been to. We had the Frito Pie and it was great. We order three containers of their green salsa and have to wait till the next day to pick it up. If we would get back home without the salsa I think our neighbors wouldn't let us back in the neighborhood. If you want white table cloths and candles don't go. If you want good ark-mex food made and served by real people try this restaurant.

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Don't let the appearance scare you!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

O.k. so it's not much on atmosphere but if you want the best enchiladas you've ever tasted then you simply must go there! It's one of the reasons we keep going back to Eureka Springs!

• Visited July 2011
Madison, WI
“The Oasis is 12 hours from home and may just be worth the drive.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

Four of us arrived at this funky hole in the wall shortly before closing time. We were welcomed, no glares. There appears to be indoor seating for about 20 and outdoor for a dozen or so more, but don't hold me to that. The kitchen is small, just like the restaurant. But, boy, is this place big on flavor. Even my picky kids loved it. One kid's order came with salad, and she even ate the tomatoes, which is simply unheard of. Everything we ordered was awesome. They call the food Ark-Mex. The food was all fresh, prepared to order, and there are lots of combinations of ingredients. There are also loads of vegetarian options. It's only open until 2:30 p.m. and they don't take plastic. Lots of restaurants in Eureka Springs close at 2, so if you missed lunch elsewhere, you're still in luck here, though just barely. We found it by noticing a weathered paper stapled to a wall. Lucky us! This is not a place for the claustrophobic or people who like barren, sterilized environments. The walls are covered with posters, notes, and pictures, and it is a bit snug. And, like everything in Eureka Springs, it is old. I find it cozy, appealing, and comfortable. But I can see my OCD neighbor fainting as she walks in the door. Lunch for four with drinks cost us $35 before the tip.

Visited August 2011
“Hair in the salsa”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

Could not believe how many good reviews this place gets. Salsa was good until a big clump of hair was on my chip. Disgusting food tasted like it had been heated in microwave.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
katwood, Owner at The Oasis, responded to this review, July 26, 2011
You say the salsa was good--and then in the next breath say food tasted like heated in microwave. We don't even have a microwave. Sorry to hear of your negative experience. But you never even mentioned anything to the wait person regarding such. Makes me think that your review is underhanded with malicious intent. Nothing substantial said in your review therefore we cannot seriously respond. Only that our many returning customers, both tourists and locals have kept us going strong for 22 years.
US
“Worth the Search”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

The Oasis is hidden between buildings down a short flight of steps. It is a tiny eatery where the food is fresh with unique ingredients. The cook is in the same room almost like sitting in one's kitchen while someone else cooks for you. I always enjoy eating here while in Eureka.

• Visited July 2010