“THIS PLACE IS GREAT CLEAN, NO NOISE, CUSTOMER SERVICE IS UNREAL” 5 of 5 stars

Colonial Inn
154 Huntsville Road, Eureka Springs, AR 72632 (Formerly "Budget Host Inn")   |
Ranked #14 of 37 Hotels in Eureka Springs
Chelsea, Oklahoma
“THIS PLACE IS GREAT CLEAN, NO NOISE, CUSTOMER SERVICE IS UNREAL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011

My husband I stay here two nights we have stayed in many hotels/motels and this is rated int the top two. We had a great reception and stay a very nice couple. The rooms are exceptionally clean, the sheets and blanket are fresh not stale, the shower has pressure and is hot. The beds were comfortable. Very quiet and great room, was large and not cramped., parking lot is large and easy access. We can not say enough all you would want for a quiet romantic weekend. We will never stay in another hotel when we visit Eureka Springs.

Mr & Mrs Norman Reynolds

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

we stayed there for one night. arrived at about 10:30 p.m. and left at about 9:00a.m. the room was clean and comfortable. plus our car was right outside our door which is very convenient and safer. our stay was on a saturday night and we were not bothered once by any noise. my husband said the staff was friendly and helpful. the location is very close to the shopping. i will definitely stay here again because for under $50 its a perfect place to crash after walking around eureka.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
TULSA OKLAHOMA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2010

We've stayed at the Colonial Inn twice now. The first time we stayed in a room in behind the hotel and it was clean and basic. The last time we stayed, we got a room in the main building. What a differance! They are $10 more but well worth it. The room was extra large and the bed was brand new. The owner is very friendly and has made our stay enjoyable on both occasions. He and his wife actually seem to care how your stay was.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2009

I had called and made reservations for 3 night stay. When we got there around 9:45 pm, the owner told us that we have to pay $10 extra than we were told. When we made reservations we were told that we have to pay $10 extra if we have kids with us and $10 more if we want 2 queen beds. When I tried to reason with the manager (I had made reservation with another employee), he accused us of tricking the employee into giving us a good deal. He even told us that he will not give us any rooms since we were "causing trouble". He then told us that "I don't want you people here" implying that we were bad people. We had to find another place to stay late at night.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Topeka, KS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2009

We found the internet coupon rate of $36.95 a draw for us. The room was large and very clean. The wi-fi was adequate and the TV reception/channel availability was good. The pool was very clean and the water temp. was comfortable. The "breakfast" was some packaged rolls, a few choices of cereal, and coffee (but what do you expect for a low price?) and when I looked for a newspaper, I found one on a table in the lobby, but there was no machine, so I asked the host if I could buy the paper. She said "no, you have to leave it here." The owner/hosts were friendly enough, and overall we were satisfied. As we drove around town, though, I saw a LOT of motels with advertised rates of under $40, so maybe it wasn't a bargain after all, but it was clean.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Deer Park, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2007

The owner of this Motel was extremely rude. First he wanted to charge $10 over quoted price because I had kids, even though they were listed on my reservation, then he would not let us stay just because I said I did not wish to pay more than my confirmed quote, even though I had a printed copy in front of me which he refused to even look at. His attitude left me not ever wanting to stay there anyway, so we had to go out and find our own motel.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Rudeness and bad attitude of owner
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Colonial Inn? Share your experiences!