“Perfect little getaway!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bear Mountain Log Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Bear Mountain Log Cabins
You added Bear Mountain Log Cabins to your Saves list
15290 Highway 62 West, Eureka Springs, AR 72632   |
Overland Park, Kansas
“Perfect little getaway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

We stayed in the "cozy" cabin for 4 days. Authentic cabin with wonderful front porch and swing and added screened in large back porch with ample seating. The owners, Pat and George, are amazing people, extremely friendly with great sense of humor! They are very hospitable and the cabin reflected a great attention to even the smallest of details. We watched the deer come up from the woods every morning and evening to feed, great scenery for us city folk. The appliances all worked great including ample hot water for the 2 person jacuzzi tub. Pictures on their website don't reflect how nice this place really is, much more spacious than depicted. We didn't want to leave and can't wait to come back!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Saint Joseph, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

I just had to comment on my short but unpleasant experience with this place. At the time, I was not using Tripadvisor, but now since I find it so helpful, I try to write reviews about places I stay/deal with.
My husb and I were supposed to stay at these cabins last December. I had made the reservation 1 1/2 months in advance. At that time, when I called, the lady I spoke with was rude and acted put out to even take my reservation over the phone. I let it go, thinking maybe she was having a bad day. Well, about three weeks prior to our arrival, I had to push our arrival date back by one week. I called to make the change and was treated so poorly by this same lady that I actually ended up cancelling the reservation. While I didn't stay here, I would certainly caution people as she seemed pretty hostile and uninterested. To this day, I would not stay here if it was the last place available in Eureka Springs. Also, she seemed to take pleasure in informing me that my credit card would still be charged $25.00 for cancelling. I can understand that most places charge a cancellation charge but usually if one cancels as early as three weeks, there is no charge. Not sure if this is their policy or if she just did it to be spiteful. Again, will never stay here.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Springfield, MO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010

If you want a good nights sleep, bring your own sheets! While the cabin had a great view out of the screened porch out back, and the inside was attractive with all wood (pine & a lot of cedar) the sheets were actually rough with pilling (balls of fuzz, like on a well worn sweater). We ended up turning them inside out to get to sleep the first night, then we drove 10 miles to the supercenter in berryville to buy some sheets so we could get a good nights sleep. The firewood was not replaced after the first night as well. For $189.00 a night, I expected better service and linens!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Plano
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2009

Man, my black butt and my friends went up to this log cabin place in Eureka Springs on our motorcycles for the Bikers Blues & BBQ rally and had a blast. They even had a radio playing music in the cabin when we got there. I love "It's a small word", but the song scares me. What a great bunch if people. Oh yea, we got to ride their horses to- I promise that wasn't us that robbed the bank in town that weekend-. I am planning on bringing the whole fraternity up for our Alpha Phi Alpha 10 year reunion. Thanks y'all.
V-Diddy

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2009

We have stayed at Bear Mountain on multiple occasions starting in 2005 & lastly 2 months ago in 2009.
I was surprised to see the negative reviews & can only say that some people are never happy. We have referred many friends there & always had positive returns.
As to the location to the main road, there was NO noise in our cabins. We have stayed in other “more secluded” areas & been stuck on the gravel/dirt roads. We were close enough to the main road to get in & out easily without any disturbance to our vacation. There was no overgrowth or junk but remember you are in the woods. This is not a manicured golf course. Beautiful visas abound in all of the cabins we have stayed in.
The price was comparable to other locations not including Motel 6 & a real value when you consider all of the amenities. Soft, fresh towels, a Jacuzzi tub to soak it all away, a fireplace & wood with starters to get it all going! The sofa/futon is more comfortable than my own & the kitchen is stocked with all imaginable accessories. The breakfast in the fridge was a perfect way to get the day going without having to jump up & head out to a restaurant.
As with all satellite dishes ours went out once in a storm & George was happy & quick to rectify the situation. The whole 10 minutes without it was not significant since watching TV is NOT why we came to this beautiful location!
Pat was always available with venue/restaurant suggestion, directions & even coupons only available by staying with Bear Mountain.

Love it there & will be back. We feel like part of the family!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2006

What a perfect vacation! The cabin was not your typical 'roughing it' cabin but was appointed with every detail & amenity we could imagine. Little specialty soaps & oils for the whirlpool tub, extra soft towels, plenty of pillows & throws to snuggle up with on the screened in porch or in front of the wood-burning fireplace, even flowers on the table when we arrived! The kitchen was stocked with every utensil & gadget needed (and a few I don’t even have at home!) & the fridge had all the condiments plus a basket of foodstuff items to make breakfast with. We didn’t even have to go to the market. The rooms were sparklingly clean & we felt very at home – like we had just come back to our own winter cabin in the woods.

Don’t despair men – there was still plenty of outdoorsy woods, hiking & nature to keep you busy. Squirrels, birds & critters of all kinds visited us regularly & deer would eat right outside our windows. Conveniently, the stables are just down the road where you can rent horses to ride through the woods. We were tucked away from all of the noise of the downtown but close enough to the highway that even I couldn’t get lost.

The owners were invaluable with plenty of advise on things to do & see, even coupons & show times for local venues. They were available anytime we needed anything (or if I had questions about the wildlife!) but keep their distance and provided the privacy we needed to relax and enjoy our vacation.

Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2005

We went to Eureka Springs and stayed at the Bear Mountain Cabins October 5-7. We took our dog for her first vacation and Bear Mountain was one of only a few who would accept pets. We LOVED the Shaylene Cabin. Complete privacy with a beutiful view of the Ozark mountains. The log cabin had all the comforts of home plus jacuzzi tub. The smell of pine invites you make yourself at home. The owners George and Pat did a great job making this your home away from home, starting with the breakfast supplies to the great smelling towels.

We went shopping in Eureka Springs and had dinners at Myrtie Mays and the Crest. Both meals were excellent home cooking. We spent a day going to Beaver lake and dam. We then enjoyed grilled hotdogs at Leatherwood lake. They have a very nice set up (clean bathrooms).
Also, take a visit to Pivot Rock and the Natural Bridge. It is a nice leisurely hike through the woods. Oh and our dog (lab) had an excellent time as well!

Been to Bear Mountain Log Cabins? Share your experiences!