“Great as always!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gaskins Cabin Steakhouse

Gaskins Cabin Steakhouse
2883 Highway 23 North, 3 miles north of the Train Station, Eureka Springs, AR 72631
479.253.5466
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Heath, Texas, United States
“Great as always!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

My wife and I have been dining at Gaskins for many years. It is a great place to wind up our annual weekend trip to the Eureka Springs area. We learned a while back to get there early! As always, great experience. The Prime Rib is the best!

88% Recommend
Mountain Home, Arkansas
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

In our group of four, we ordered the macaroni and cheese appetizer to start. The steak dinners also come with soup or salad and a side. I had the salad with the house-made honey mustard vinaigrette, which was very good. The others with me had the soup, a cream of mushroom with burgundy wine and onion. My salad was good but apparently I should have ordered the soup, it received rave reviews at the table. We were probably the last table to be served as we didn't get there until around 9, and the kitchen was out of rice and cream sauce for the pasta. It didn't matter, the steaks are the main reason to visit Gaskins. I don't generally order prime rib but since it's the specialty there I did. It was cooked perfectly and tasted delicious. The ribeye and the filet were also cooked perfectly and seasoned just right.

Overall a very good experience. The staff and owners were very friendly and accommodating.

I hope to visit again when I'm in the area.

Kennesaw, Ga
“Are you kidding me ???”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I am 77 years old and have travelled all over this country on business and otherwise for at least 55 years...I have also eaten prime rib hundreds of times...this was close to the worst I've ever had...maybe I caught them on a "bad" night !!! I could hardly cut it much less chew it...it was also cold...cold prime rib is "not so hot" !!! It was full of grissle...I think I've said enough...you decide whether you want to try it..."free country" as they say...so go for it...I sure won't go to GASKINS STEAKHOUSE again.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Kansas
“A nice evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We ate at Gaskins Cabin Steakhouse Sunday evening. We arrived without reservations, and were seated in about 15 minutes. The host apologized about being short staffed, but the waiters who were working did a great job serving quite a few people. The wait for our food was not long considering our order was prime rib, which came prepared exactly the way we like it. The burgandy mushroom soup was really good as well. The atmosphere was cabin comfortable, the decor was beautiful, and the grounds were just gorgeous! Be sure to check their website for hours. Like most other ES businesses, they are not open every day.

California
“Best Prime Rib Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I was shocked to find this place really does have the most amazing steaks. I devoured my food. the setting is cozy and nice. I plan to go there every time I visit Eureka.

• Visited June 2013