“Always a winner” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Always a winner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

The Bavarian Restaurant is always one of my favorite places to eat in Eureka Springs. The sauerkraut soup is wonderfull! The other very nice thing is Mike the waiter he has been there 22 years & is always very gracious & helpful.

Visited August 2012

BOX ELDER
“Eureka Springs gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We decided on a whim, on our way to Opera Eureka Springs to "drop-in" for an early dinner and were delightfully surprised. The menu is interesting, the food made from scratch and cooked to perfection. Desserts were mouthwaterin! A real gem!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mountain Home, Arkansas
“Very Good Place to Eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Very Good food and service - only drawback was I couldn't make substitutions on side items - but was able to order additional sides

Visited July 2012
Oklahoma City
“Excellent Sauerkraut Soup and Rye Bread”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

We looked forward to trying this interesting restaurant with German/Czech food. I am not a sauerkraut lover or even liker, but decided to try a bowl of the sauerkraut soup as an appetizer based on the description offered. It was delicious, with sausage, potato, and sauerkraut and clearly a seasoning including paprika, as the soup is a reddish color. A bit of a sweet, yet spicy flavor. This was served with homemade light rye bread, which was wonderful. There two items actually turned out to be my favorite part of the meal.
My husband enjoyed the Jager Schnitzel, with a mushroom gravy, potatoes, and fresh carrots and peas. The potato pancake stuffed with creamed spinach sounded very interesting to me, and I tried that. The pancake was very tasty, but I did not find much cream in the spinach. I think I would have preferred the pancake served separately with creamed spinach on the side.
I had a glass of Liebfraumilch, and my husband tried a couple of the ontap German beers.
We had the apple strudel for dessert, which had a very nice filling of tender, delicately seasoned apples. I think I prefer a usual strudel crust to the phyllo dough which they use.
We did enjoy our meal here, though I would describe it as good, not great.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Avoca,ark
“excelant food and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

We go here 2 to 3 times per year, food is excelant,atmosphere is great,bavarian pictures on the walls,bavarian music playing lightly,not overpowering, you can't beat the wait staff, if you get Danial as your waiter, you have gotten the best.

Prices are in the median range, though I would say this is one of if not the best restaurant in Eureka Springs,Ar

• Visited April 2012