“Loved this hotel!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The New Orleans Hotel & Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Eureka Springs
Prices are for rooms, adults
Ranked #11 of 36 Hotels in Eureka Springs
Wildwood, Missouri
“Loved this hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

We take a girls trip to Eureka Springs every year and love the town! This was only our 2nd time staying here at the New Orleans and we were not disappointed. We used to stay down the street at the Basin, but after to many times being disappointed, never again! That Basin place is so old and dirty... it is gross!!!

Yes, the New Orleans is also an older hotel, but at least they take good care of it and clean it well. It has a beautiful staircase from the lobby with no elevator, but there was staff offering to bring up our bags at arrival and offering to help when we were leaving, so I wouldn't let that stop you from staying here.

As we were bringing in all of our bags, Lee was nice enough to offer to give us a bigger room. Room 106 was perfect and right next to the front balcony. Thank you Lee!!!

Every morning they had complimentary continental breakfast in the lobby. That is always a nice bonus when traveling. I loved the assortment of fruit.

Can't wait until next year!

Room Tip: Some rooms are bigger, so you might want to ask when booking. Room 106 is one of the bigger rooms an...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Highlandville, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

We stayed during an ideal slower time, middle of the week and right after a holiday. The suite we had was 106, which has a king bed, two chairs and a large bathroom with jacuzzi tub. Being an older building, the floors were all slanted, which is to be expected and the sound barriers and noise from the hallway could've been loud but wasn't. Every thing was within walking distance. The only reason I give it 4 stars instead of 5 is due to the term "luxury" in the name. I usually expect higher end amenities, like toilet paper, toiletries, etc. in the room. Parking was difficult but it is everywhere in that small town. They offer to park your vehicle for you however which was nice. Overall would choose to stay there again.

Room Tip: Would ask for one close to the front balcony if you want to people watch
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Mooresville, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Discovered this hotel on a day trip from Branson. We liked Eureka Springs so much we decided to cut our stay in Branson and stay here. So glad we did, the staff were all so nice and accomodating. We stayed in a queen room in the 3rd floor which was very small but it was all we needed. The parking was included and very easy to get our car if we needed something. Cajun and Sue we so nice and informative. We ate at oasis because of Cajuns recommendation and the food was homemade Tex mex and was fabulous...we also went to the lounge below the hotel voulox- voulous which had great band and great atmosphere ...We will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

We stayed here on the day before our wedding. I love historical buildings. It was simply beautiful. Friendly staff. Valet parking. Everything was perfect. To the staff of The New Orleans Hotel & Spa, we thank you. Bill & Misty ♡♡♡♡♡

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Tulsa, OK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

We stayed here on our honeymoon and it's a really beautiful building and the furnishings were amazing too. The staff were all very nice, the hotel clean and the room smelt like someone was putting fresh flowers in front of my face every time I walked in the room. I wish the rooms had a door to the balcony but we did get a room close to the door to go out. It was a perfect location for people watching! It was weird that there was so much loud music on a Monday night, we could hear it inside the room and that kinda sucked but we stayed up past bar closing time anyway so it certainly didn't interrupt our sleep. Just might be a little annoying if you were staying there and had to get to bed early. Loved the Jacuzzi tub and the fact that the toilet has it's own room was a nice old-school touch. I wish the windows had darker curtains to block out the light, no sleeping in late in this room. Overall, it was a great stay and a great hotel. I wish they had some information about the buildings history in the room but I guess I could google that myself. Only real drawback that might keep me from returning is how expensive it is.

Room Tip: It might be quieter in the back, the rooms in the front get a lot of sunlight in the morning.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

The Good:

Nice service, atmospheric hotel, great location, high quality shampoos and soaps, good linens, free parking around back (they took the car and brought it back for us)

The Not Great:

Bed wasn't that comfortable but wasn't worst I've slept in. Music from lounge is loud late into night, but turning on window unit can help. Some cracks in paint along ceiling. Light comes in around old wooden door. A stampede of drunk? people paraded around outside my room late at night.

One thing I was disappointed in was I guess a miscommunication. When I booked I asked about the view and was told there's a balcony overlooking the street. I thought that meant that the balcony connected to the room, but it's a shared balcony with others on the floor and is not connected to the room (mine anyway). And I didn't spend time out there because of all the smokers.

The free breakfast downstairs was lacking decaf coffee. There was fruit and juice and chocolate chip bread and yogurt, but I was hungry a couple hours after eating and had to eat a real breakfast. Would like to see them add more protein choices like cheese. Also, why no decaf?!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
branson, mo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

As we were leaving 2 days yesterday at the New Orleans my wife stopped me and wanted to know how much the hotel was? I then asked why as I also could not remember as we had booked with 2 other couples. She said it didn't matter as she knew that we would be coming back here again definately. We have stayed probably over 15 places in Eureka and plan on coming back here again. Room updates were great and love the big tub but location is everything. Get over the steps as you are in the hills of Eureka, helps walk off all the good food.

Room Tip: no fitness center but steps and no elevator. Downstairs bar was a good time.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to The New Orleans Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!