“Breakfast buffet is acceptable (restaurant only)” 3 of 5 stars

You added 1876 Inn & Restaurant to your Saves list
1876 Inn & Restaurant
2023 E Van Buren, Eureka Springs, AR 72632   |
Ranked #32 of 36 hotels in Eureka Springs
“Breakfast buffet is acceptable (restaurant only)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We did not stay here, we only ate at the restaurant.
This breakfast buffet was much better than the local competitor Pancakes. They have a waffle maker also. Watch what they charge you because both of our parties were "overcharged".

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

42 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Carl Junction
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

we were in room 139, there was a giant crack in the ceiling as soon as you walk in,i felt like they were bugs crawling on me, the wifi did not work,no vending machines, and no hot water i didnt even shower just left.my husband called the desk walked down there 3 times no one was around. for $79.61 it was a total disappointment.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Park City, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

While we have not had the pleasure of staying at the motel yet, we have been to the breakfast buffet many times! It's a regular stop of ours anytime we"re in town. They have a wide variety of breakfast items such as, eggs, hash browns, bacon, sausage. Bite sized cinnamon rolls are awesome! They also have a wide variety of fresh fruit!.And let's not forget the lite and airy waffles! The waffles are amazing! Best we've ever had and also comes with a variety of toppings! This is definitely the place to go for breakfast!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Malvern, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

Ate here Sunday Morning (3-18-12) and had the buffet. Everything looked really good. Biscuts and gravy, eggs, bacon ,suasage, ham, hash browns.....even a waffle bar. The coffee was top notch! Took a cup with me. The waitress was really nice. I'm glad Eureka finally has a good Breakfast Buffet again....

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
hoyt
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

If you like coming home with bed bug bites all over you, then you can stay here-I do not, so I will never stay again. The first night I was a little itchy and thought it was dry skin, second night was a little worse, and the third night I woke up feeling like my skin was crawling. We got up and got ready and left. Couldn't get coffee in the room even when they said they'd take care of it, it didn't get taken care of. The shower was so short that I had to about break my back to get my head under it. I will say we've stayed here before and while the rooms are run down, have never had this type of experience before. When I got home and saw my legs and all of the marks on them, I knew what had happened and that is the first and last time that will ever happen. Also, I asked the person making the reservation to not put us in the back and we ended up in the back, which is a little scary. If you want to stay somewhere clean and decent, this is not the place for you. The guy who runs the place is nice enough, however, no amount of nice takes care of the itch my body is going through right now!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
OKC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

Our stay here was with a group for the Corvette Weekend. Oct 7th-9th. The group actually booked it back in July. When they showed us the rooms, they were the ones in front and were typical for a Eureka Springs motel, nothing special but good enough. They also quoted us a group rate of $99 per night, but some (king bed rooms) were charged $119.

Of all of our group (12 rooms I think) only one of them was up front. All the rest were in the back. Well you could tell that these rooms were in need of some TLC and thorough cleaning!

Our room (bldg 3) had a bed that when you sat on the end of it, raised up at the head. (See pic). Then when you turned on the sink faucet, all the water ran out onto the vanity and then the floor because the vanity sloped downward. The water in the sink and tub, wouldn't drain very fast therefore filling up. Not good water pressure. Carpets needed swept. The alarm clock was plugged into a wall outlet that was high up on the wall and not even by the bed (see pic) and NO smoke detector in the room!! The TV was probably a 17-19" old style TV. These rooms were NOT worth $99 a night! The normal rate I think is $49. Not even worth that in my opinion.

One of our group's air conditioner rattled really loudly and there were cigarette butts under the bed. Just GROSS!

Oh yes, one more thing. Some rooms are suppose to have the comfy beds...NOT!!!

Two things I can say positive about this motel is...the people are friendly (the owner is from Oklahoma which is were we are from) and their breakfast buffet is good.

We will NOT return to this motel again!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1876inn, Owner at 1876 Inn & Restaurant, responded to this review, October 14, 2011
At the time someone from your group looked at the rooms we showd them what was not occupied, and told them that the rooms in the front were sold to people that had been coming for years and had first option on the room, and carry a 3 night minimum. That should have been relayed to you. You got the only rooms we had availability for. I am sorry it was not up to your standards, however I know the staff is friendlier than where you previously stayed.

You did have a legitimate maintence issue and it was repaired immediately. I was expecting this review after a refusal to reduce your bill. At the time of your complaint, and at checkout you stated you did not get housekeeping. After speaking to your husband, and actually a neighbor of yours, we found that your husband turned down housekeeping service, asking only for additional towels. The TV is a 25" in a large armoir. The bed was fine, however it is easy to move the bed frame, perhaps someone scooted it forward. Housekeepers make the bed, but they do not sit or sleep on them. There is a smoke detector and a fire alarm system. Our upgraded rooms have memory foam or sleep number beds. You paid for a standard room. I am sorry you were unhappy with your stay.
Justin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

This was our 3rd year attending the Eureka Springs Corvette Weekend (ESCW) and our 1st year at the 1876 Inn. The facility is older and could use some sprucing up, but the room was clean and the innkeepers were very personable and helpful. Price was great compared to other hotels in the area. Had a memory foam mattress that was VERY comfortable. Had a room overlooking the canyon where the pool is. Very relaxing.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the inn, away from the street noise.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
I am glod that you enjoyed your stay and our memory foam beds! Please come back soon.

Been to 1876 Inn & Restaurant? Share your experiences!